Silsbee v East Chambers Scrimmage/ Post comments here

[quote name="STiger85" post="1426012" timestamp="1377188989"]
EC  will travel to Silsbee and take on the Tigers in the final tune up before the regular season starts. Games will start around 5:00.
[/quote]

does EC have any speed this year? They always find that one back that can get outside and be gone in a puff of smoke....

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1426027" timestamp="1377190284"]
[quote author=STiger85 link=topic=113468.msg1426012#msg1426012 date=1377188989]
EC  will travel to Silsbee and take on the Tigers in the final tune up before the regular season starts.[b] Games[/b] will start around 5:00.
[/quote]

Scrimmage starts at 5pm. ::)
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA you kill me AAW!!

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1426021" timestamp="1377189849"]
EC  will travel to Silsbee and take on the Tigers in the final tune up before the regular season starts. Games will start around 5:00.
[/quote]

does EC have any speed this year? They always find that one back that can get outside and be gone in a puff of smoke....
[/quote]EC will have Dory Roberts but he injured his ankle against Tarkington. I don't know if he will be in the Silsbee scrimmage. Jarrod Guillory looked pretty darn fast in the Tarkington game but Silsbee will be a good test. Both running backs will get the job done, it’s the offense line that I want to see perform well against Silsbee. I hope that both teams have a good time, so that they can talk about for years to come and go home injury free.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1426056" timestamp="1377193633"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=113468.msg1426021#msg1426021 date=1377189849]
[/quote]

[/quote]EC will have Dory Roberts but he injured his ankle against Tarkington. I don't know if he will be in the Silsbee scrimmage. Jarrod Guillory looked pretty darn fast in the Tarkington game but Silsbee will be a good test. Both running backs will get the job done, it’s the offense line that I want to see perform well against Silsbee. I hope that both teams have a good time, so that they can talk about for years to come and go home injury free.
[/quote]

I would have to agree... EC is super young this year.  I think they will suit up 13 sophomores... The line is certainly the spot that the most improvement is needed at this point.  I hope Silsbee doesn't just speed past them...  Makes for hard running no matter how good the back is.....

[quote name="justsaying" post="1426088" timestamp="1377199042"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=113468.msg1426056#msg1426056 date=1377193633]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=113468.msg1426021#msg1426021 date=1377189849]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I would have to agree... EC is super young this year.  I think they will suit up 13 sophomores... The line is certainly the spot that the most improvement is needed at this point.  I hope Silsbee doesn't just speed past them...  Makes for hard running no matter how good the back is.....
[/quote]The down lineman did not look bad against Tarkington. I just want to see how they do against Silsbee. They have a lot of talented lineman. I’m not sure how much experience on varsity from last year. I guess we will find out in about 3.5 hrs. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1426060" timestamp="1377193835"]
Believe this will be just the 2nd time an East Chambers team has visited Tiger Stadium. If my memory is correct the first time was about 8 years ago when EC played Woodville in a playoff game, but not certain.
[/quote]Very Nice Stadium!!!

Control scrimmage (each team's 1st and 2nd team got 12 plays)

EC 1st team

rushing    4/ -4 yards
passing  4-8, 46 yards
total      12/ 42 yards

EC 2nd team

rushing  6/ -10 yards
passing  2-6, 14 yards
total      12/ 4 yards

Combined total

rushing  10/ -14 yards
passing  6-14, 60 yards
total    24 plays/ 46 yards

Silsbee 1st team

rushing  4/ 27 yards
passing  5-8, 53 yards
total      12/ 80 yards

Silsbee 2nd team

rushing  6/ 16 yards
passing  4-6, 47 yards
total      12/ 63 yards

Combined total

rushing  10/ 43 yards
passing  9-14, 100 yards
total      24 plays/ 143 yards

Stats for two 10 minute live quarters

EC

rush    10/ -11 yards
pass  5-10, 54 yards, INT
total  20 plays/ 43 yards
FD        4
TO        1

SIL

rushing  10/ 81 yards  TD
passing  8-14, 43 yards
total      24 plays/ 124 yards
FD              7
TO              0

Combined stats (control & live)

EC

rushing  20/ -25 yards
passing  11-24, 114 yards
total      44 plays/ 89 yards  (2 yard avg.)

Silsbee

rushing    20/ 124 yards  TD
passing  17-28, 143 yards
total      48 plays/ 267 yards  (5.5 yard avg.)

My thoughts:

In the controlled scrimmage Silsbee 1st team moved the ball well on the first series, getting the ball to the EC 10 yard line before fumbling it away to the Bucs. Silsbee ran 9 plays to get to that point with a good mix of run and pass (4/5). Silsbee 2nd team got the next 12 play series and picked up 3 first downs after going 3 and out on first three plays. Tiger 2nd team got to EC 27 before running out of plays.

EC 1st team got a 26 yard pass play on their 2nd play of scrimmage and a 17 yard pass play on their 5th play to get the ball to the Silsbee 27 but then fumbled on next play and had to start over at their own 30. EC 1st team then had consecutive 3 and outs, only gaining a total of -3 yards, to end their 12 play series. EC 2nd team had one 15 yard pass play but otherwise did nothing, going 3 and out three times.

In the live scrimmage, Silsbee fumbled on their second play after picking up the first down, giving EC the ball at the Tiger 46. EC picked up a first down but turn it over on downs failing on a 4th and 3 at the Silsbee 28. Silsbee drove down to EC 30 before turning it over on downs. The Bucs 2nd series got the help of two penalties against Silsbee (pass int., personal foul) but the Tiger secondary picked off an EC pass to stop the drive and this ended the quarter. This sparked the Tiger offense as Silsbee opened the 2nd quarter on an 8 play, 69 yard scoring drive finished by a Patrick Reed 20 yard TD run. PAT was good. After this drive, each team had a 3 and out followed by and EC series that picked up 1 first down but then had a loss of 26 yards on a bad snap. Scrimmage ended with Silsbee trying a couple of hail marys to no avail.

Not too sharp of a scrimmage for either team (except that one scoring drive for Silsbee). EC run game was totally shut down by the Tiger D but were able to complete a few passes on Silsbee. Silsbee offense just wasn't in sync, passing game just wasn't sharp.

All in all kind of a sloppy scrimmage and it was kind of fitting with the playing surface these teams had to play on. Field is just terrible!! I honestly believe the field cost Silsbee two TD's. No home field advantage at all.

Hope my Tigers step it up next week in the real game at PN-G. I guess the positive is at least they get to play on turf. No excuses!!

It looked like EC worked a lot on their passing game (passing more than running) which looked to have some success. The running game definitely looked like it needed some work but with a young offensive line they should be able to improve before the season starts. Silsbee's #65 I think was his number was a beast on the Def line. EC's defense looked good and again should improve as experience of the starting soph grows as the season progresses. Good luck with the  rest of your season Silsbee and THANKS for the scrimmage.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1426386" timestamp="1377232610"]
It looked like EC worked a lot on their passing game (passing more than running) which looked to have some success. The running game definitely looked like it needed some work but with a young offensive line they should be able to improve before the season starts. [b]Silsbee's #65 I think was his number was a beast on the Def line.[/b] EC's defense looked good and again should improve as experience of the starting soph grows as the season progresses. Good luck with the  rest of your season Silsbee and THANKS for the scrimmage.
[/quote]

It was #62 Seth Adams. Yes he is a beast at that NG position.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317