PN-G's Brevell has stepped down

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1410345" timestamp="1370264779"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby Again link=topic=112342.msg1410342#msg1410342 date=1370263899]
Silsbee coach may have a new job next year.  ;)
[/quote]

Not happening.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure.  That is a very attractive job.  There is pretty good talent coming back with this year's junior class and this year's freshman group is loaded.  A perennial winner with several good classes waiting in the wings.  I think a lot of very good coaches will be circling this job, including Silsbee's. 

[quote name="Critter" post="1410376" timestamp="1370269499"]
Money makes everybody think about other things  ;D
[/quote]

Yes, it does and PNG pays relatively well for both teacher salaries and coaching stipends. 

I would think that fans from West Brook, Bridge City, Vidor, Orangefield and maybe Silsbee (as well several other schools) might be kind of nervous about this job being open.  I think a lot of good coaches are going to apply for this based on the pay and talent.  With that said, I have no inside knowledge - just speculating based on good coaches and programs in the area. 

[quote name="Law Dog" post="1410346" timestamp="1370266024"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=112342.msg1410345#msg1410345 date=1370264779]
[quote author=Smoking Baby Again link=topic=112342.msg1410342#msg1410342 date=1370263899]
[/quote]

Not happening.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure.  That is a very attractive job.  There is pretty good talent coming back with this year's junior class and this year's freshman group is loaded.  A perennial winner with several good classes waiting in the wings.  I think a lot of very good coaches will be circling this job, [b]including Silsbee's.[/b]
[/quote]

Of course you have the right to think and say anything you want.  Normally, a poster on this site at least DOES THINK
before he blows it out of his biggest bodily orifice.  Apparently not so in your case. ::) 8)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1410348" timestamp="1370266184"]
Coach Nelson knows exactly what he has coming back next year for Silsbee. What they have returning gives them a great chance of making it back to Austin.

Will be very surprised if he leaves. Coach Nelson is a Silsbee grad.
[/quote]

AAW, why, do you think, people from all over the area (even
move-ins from Alaska that relocated some 60 miles from
Silsbee) suddenly have such an interest in Silsbee's head
baseball coach?  And there are those that assess the PN-G
baseball talent for the 2014 season as maybe the best in the
area without knowing much about other teams' talent.  Ya'
gotta love it. ;D

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1410434" timestamp="1370282328"]
[quote author=Law Dog link=topic=112342.msg1410346#msg1410346 date=1370266024]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=112342.msg1410345#msg1410345 date=1370264779]
[/quote]

Touchy, touchy.  I wish Silsbee nothing but the best this week.  It'd be great to see an area team win it all.  From what I know, they have good talent and good support in Hardin County. 

As I put, it was just speculation.  If you don't think that most of the top-flight coaches in this area will at least mull over applying for the PNG job, you are wrong.  Silsbee's coach is a hometown boy and maybe he won't, but I'd be shocked if PNG didn't at least make a phone call to him to gauge his interest or vice versa. 

Not happening.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure.  That is a very attractive job.  There is pretty good talent coming back with this year's junior class and this year's freshman group is loaded.  A perennial winner with several good classes waiting in the wings.  I think a lot of very good coaches will be circling this job, [b]including Silsbee's.[/b]
[/quote]

Of course you have the right to think and say anything you want.  Normally, a poster on this site at least DOES THINK
before he blows it out of his biggest bodily orifice.  Apparently not so in your case. ::) 8)
[/quote]

Mark Brevell is a great person and coach from a smart baseball  family.I hope this was his decision and not a forced move.Either way his teams have preformed very well during his reign.He has kept the tradition rich Indians headed in the right direction.Mark,good luck at your new job,I know it will be a little less stressful.   

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1410421" timestamp="1370278310"]
Might be best talent to work with in SETX for next three years.Lekich was a horse as a freshman and has a great supporting cast.Next year healthy Ledoux and Ashworth.[b]What baseball coach would not want the PNG job[/b].
[/quote]

David Denny, Barbers Hill  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin