Silsbee 78 Houston Yates 71/FINAL

Tiger shooting was off from all ranges but especially in close.  When Yates went up by 4 I was afraid it was slipping away like the nightmare Regional final in 2018.

Seemed like it was pure force of will.  Silsbee was not to be denied.  The Tigers had one extra gear in the last three minutes or so that the Lions simply didn’t have.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Just saw video of the last several seconds. That crowd was packed!! Larger than last year. And amped up. (talking about Silsbee)

It was feedback from the team.  They pegged the intensity meter.  

The most exciting regional quarter final I’ve ever attended.

1 hour ago, Tigers94 said:

If you think about it Silsbee is missing 3 key players from last year's team. Gilder, Baltrip, and Jones. One of those couldn't be helped and the other two graduated.

It's been my opinion the Tigers are still a year away for a while now. Afraid I might be proven right eventually.

Glad we managed to sweat this one out. Think we're 4 - 3 all time against Yates now.

I hated to see Baltrip and Gilder go, but that's how that thing works.  Somebody has to step up.

As i was walking out tonight, i was asked by someone in attendance if i was a coach at Silsbee.  I am sure it was just because of the particular shirt i had on.  When i told him no , he said i just wanted to know what yall do with those kids because they run like horses all game long!! 

7 minutes ago, ST413 said:

As i was walking out tonight, i was asked by someone in attendance if i was a coach at Silsbee.  I am sure it was just because of the particular shirt i had on.  When i told him no , he said i just wanted to know what yall do with those kids because they run like horses all game long!! 

Since little dribblers. At least that's how it been since I graduated HS and went to go watch the youngins coming up. 

I saw the comment earlier on losing Gilder and Baltrip to graduation and yes they were both big losses however i think they have been replaced pretty well this year.  However the other name being mentioned was Jones.  I want to say this, and i have been giving him praise all year,  Jayron Williams has filled that space very well this year and has played taller than he is.  However Jones is the one we are really missing.  That 6’6 or 6’7 big body down low is just a big piece that has been tough for us in Silsbee to fill with regularity.  

I couldn't figure out who the Jones was you were referring to. Now I know, Jayce Jones. Yes the team could definitely use him.  He talks as though he is coming back.  

The Silsbee formula: little dribblers has a lot to do with it.  There is a good supply of athletes.  Coach Sigler's approach to the game fits well with the other two factors.  

6 hours ago, Kountzer said:

I couldn't figure out who the Jones was you were referring to. Now I know, Jayce Jones. Yes the team could definitely use him.  He talks as though he is coming back.  

The Silsbee formula: little dribblers has a lot to do with it.  There is a good supply of athletes.  Coach Sigler's approach to the game fits well with the other two factors.  

I’d say a damn good supply of athletes lol

10 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Just saw video of the last several seconds. That crowd was packed!! Larger than last year. And amped up. (talking about Silsbee)

Last year, Silsbee was not ranked and no one thought they would beat Yates.  It was supposed to be a blow out and the fans didn't come out.