Little Cypress-Mauriceville 64 Silsbee 88/FINAL

WOSgrad

7 hours ago, whsalum said:

I saw LCM a couple of times early this year and I’m amazed at their finish. I know they have had some injuries but they should have been better than this . 

The way they started the season I figured LCM would be in the playoff mix. They have some talent, definitely didn’t think they’d finish last in district. 

11 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I graduated in 1998 and I've only been to one game in the Silsbee (new high school) gym. 2011 Silsbee vs HJ. 

This makes me wonder. Are they gonna keep recording/streaming games next year, or was this just because of Covid this season. A lot of people are gonna miss out if they don't do it next year.

I'll always prefer games in person as sitting in the stands is half the fun at Silsbee games, but that's not a realistic option for everyone.

20 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

This makes me wonder. Are they gonna keep recording/streaming games next year, or was this just because of Covid this season. A lot of people are gonna miss out if they don't do it next year.

I'll always prefer games in person as sitting in the stands is half the fun at Silsbee games, but that's not a realistic option for everyone.

Makes me wonder, also. I wanted to see this new crop of Tigers this year in person, but with the live streaming I didn't have to worry. I prefer games in person and a Silsbee game is fun to watch. I go way back to watching the Tigers at McDonald Gym and Beaumont Civic Center playing teams like Hebert and then the games with Lincoln and then on to HJ. 

On 2/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, Boneyard Boys said:

The way they started the season I figured LCM would be in the playoff mix. They have some talent, definitely didn’t think they’d finish last in district. 

This team was never going to be as good as some thought.  They had some kids that like to put it up and are streaky scorers.  But they were fools gold.  Much like the coaches poll on who would be playoff teams before the season, I scratched my head on which half of the coaches last season voted for the LCM kid as offensive MVP vs McClure (they tied). Those two aren’t in the same hemisphere.  

The good news for Bears’ fans is the best player in that school district is in 7th grade.  Not sure if they won district but I know they had a battle of undefeateds against Silsbee a few weeks ago and the Cubs won.  That kid has the goods and will be the best player to wear the green and gold in quite a while.  

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

This team was never going to be as good as some thought.  They had some kids that like to put it up and are streaky scorers.  But they were fools gold.  Much like the coaches poll on who would be playoff teams before the season, I scratched my head on which half of the coaches last season voted for the LCM kid as offensive MVP vs McClure (they tied). Those two aren’t in the same hemisphere.  

The good news for Bears’ fans is the best player in that school district is in 7th grade.  Not sure if they won district but I know they had a battle of undefeateds against Silsbee a few weeks ago and the Cubs won.  That kid has the goods and will be the best player to wear the green and gold in quite a while.  

I thought they had multiple shooters that could fill it up. The games I saw they had a shooter on each wing that could fill it up, a kid on the point that could handle the ball pretty well but really struggled in the paint. The dangerous side of living and dying on the perimeter is clear now. 

18 minutes ago, whsalum said:

I thought they had multiple shooters that could fill it up. The games I saw they had a shooter on each wing that could fill it up, a kid on the point that could handle the ball pretty well but really struggled in the paint. The dangerous side of living and dying on the perimeter is clear now. 

I agree on the PG.  I was more impressed with his game than any of the others.  As stated, the shooters could fill it up when hot.  Neither shoot it at an elite level though.   The kid that will almost assuredly be on varsity in a couple of years as a freshman handles it, passes it, and shoots it, ALL at an elite level.   You will enjoy watching him play.  

14 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I agree on the PG.  I was more impressed with his game than any of the others.  As stated, the shooters could fill it up when hot.  Neither shoot it at an elite level though.   The kid that will almost assuredly be on varsity in a couple of years as a freshman handles it, passes it, and shoots it, ALL at an elite level.   You will enjoy watching him play.  

Silsbee has a 6 grader that's better..! And everyone know this. 

15 hours ago, TxHoops said:

"The Ghost"

4 hours ago, Sportsdoctor said:

Did I actually see the head varsity coach for lumberton run a triangle and 2 vs ghost?  Like he actually coached the team? 

That definitely happened against Lumberton.  I wasn’t aware Mitchell was coaching the 7th grade team.  But they definitely ran a triangle and 2 against him and tried to deny him the ball. 

9 hours ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

He better get bigger!! Size doesn’t look good for his future 

Most 7th graders do continue to grow.  I know of two who were always too short and told they couldn’t - Sahvir wheeler and Braelon Bush.  Both were/are starters at D1 schools as freshmen, despite being undersized.  

I’m not putting that kind of hype on this kid yet, but I CAN tell you he is an elite ball handler, passer and shooter right now.  On an elite varsity skill level.   In fact, he’s probably as good as they’ve got in that school district right now as a 7th grader.  But I will agree if he gets taller, bigger, and stronger it will take him to another level.  

27 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Most 7th graders do continue to grow.  I know of two who were always too short and told they couldn’t - Sahvir wheeler and Braelon Bush.  Both were/are starters at D1 schools as freshmen, despite being undersized.  

I’m not putting that kind of hype on this kid yet, but I CAN tell you he is an elite ball handler, passer and shooter right now.  On an elite varsity skill level.   In fact, he’s probably as good as they’ve got in that school district right now as a 7th grader.  But I will agree if he gets taller, bigger, and stronger it will take him to another level.  

bush has a 40 inch Vertical lol 

1 hour ago, Benchwarmer9 said:

bush has a 40 inch Vertical lol 

Sahvir doesn’t and he has been the starting PG for UGA the last two years.  And I would argue that Bush’s ball handling and ability to shoot the basketball had much more to do with his success than his vertical.  

But I get your point and winced at comparing him to those guys to begin with.  Just a reference point on size.  To compare almost anyone to Braelon is heresy to be honest.  He’s was as good as I’ve ever seen in high school.  

On 2/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, TxHoops said:

Is this 7th grader a LCM or Silsbee kid?