West Orange Stark 2017

WOS1986

I am so ready for some football! I know it's early to discuss and not hurt to post. 

I know that they lost lot of starters but would like your opinion and thought about this Fall? It will be interesting how they will fill in lot of position and boys have to step up quick. They should be good again.

Go Mustangs!

I'm not going to make a state prediction just yet but we will most definitely reload. Will have a dual threat QB, 2 headed monster at RB. I assume Jarron Morris, even though he's our #1 DB but will step up and take the WR work and be our main playmaker on both sides. Our defense will be WOS defense. Coach Thompson will have them more than ready.

13 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Odds on favorites to win the DC.... lots of talent moving on, though.  I don't see them winning the SC because of the key pieces that won't be around.  

They still go undefeated in district and go 3-4 rounds, minimum. 

Next man up they had a pretty salty JV last year  with lots of talent on that team. I'm sure Coach can plug and play a few of those. No one in Region 3 or 4 can beat them so I'm saying they get back to Jerry world for the 3rd straight time

6 hours ago, Makemineaconvertible said:

Next man up they had a pretty salty JV last year  with lots of talent on that team. I'm sure Coach can plug and play a few of those. No one in Region 3 or 4 can beat them so I'm saying they get back to Jerry world for the 3rd straight time

Technically it would be the 4th championship game in a row. But who's counting? 

I agree that they're going to be tough. Really tough. There's a lot of experience on that squad. If you think about it, in the last three years, BC seniors (3 year starters) played 33 games... 29 regular and 4 playoff games. WOS's senior class played in 48.... with a lot of games against way better competition than we faced. There are still a lot of kids on that squad that have a lot more experience than other kids their age. Great coaching, too. 

I just feel like that the group that is moving on was very, very special. I don't expect them to repeat again this year. 

I can also admit that I said the same thing two years ago after their SC loss and JD was about their only returning starter. I've been wrong before. 

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Technically it would be the 4th championship game in a row. But who's counting? 

I agree that they're going to be tough. Really tough. There's a lot of experience on that squad. If you think about it, in the last three years, BC seniors (3 year starters) played 33 games... 29 regular and 4 playoff games. WOS's senior class played in 48.... with a lot of games against way better competition than we faced. There are still a lot of kids on that squad that have a lot more experience than other kids their age. Great coaching, too. 

I just feel like that the group that is moving on was very, very special. I don't expect them to repeat again this year. 

I can also admit that I said the same thing two years ago after their SC loss and JD was about their only returning starter. I've been wrong before. 

+1 we may not shut every time out or score numerous amount of points as this past year but we'll most definitely win.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ctown81 said:

With the way the region is looking they have a shot to make the semis

Yeah now that I look around I agree. I know Bellville lost 10/11 on offense. So the region overall might be down with the exception of maybe Giddings 

39 minutes ago, aTmfan06 said:

Yeah now that I look around I agree. I know Bellville lost 10/11 on offense. So the region overall might be down with the exception of maybe Giddings 

As long as there is not a "special" team in your region (i.e. 2016 WOS) and yall reload like you say you do, WOS will ALWAYS have a legit shot to get out of the region. That's been the secret to Carthage's state titles. I don't think the D1 region 3 has had a "special" team in years( maybe carthage will change that this season), therefore with all else equal, Carthage was able to fight out of the region.

Got a peek into DC TX Football magazine from DCTFM site.

For region 3 class 4A-2, it shows WO-S lost a lot of talent, 10 players off last years team signed to play college ball. It states Thompson is 78-11 since taking over in 2011. Stated that they don't expect a letdown with WO-S. 31 and 1 with back to back state championships. Other teams in that region that are mentioned are LaGrange, Liberty and Giddings.

In region 3 class 3A -2 it picks Newton to be strong again (to be more athletic and faster) and to be challenged in district by Crockett (which they show will have most all their offence back). and Garrison to be a challenge to Newton. Other teams in that region show Arp to have lost a lot of players but have some key pieces coming back. El. Fields to be strong. They show region 4, 3A-2 to be strong.

On 5/10/2017 at 4:54 PM, purpleeagle said:

Got a peek into DC TX Football magazine from DCTFM site.

For region 3 class 4A-2, it shows WO-S lost a lot of talent, 10 players off last years team signed to play college ball. It states Thompson is 78-11 since taking over in 2011. Stated that they don't expect a letdown with WO-S. 31 and 1 with back to back state championships. Other teams in that region that are mentioned are LaGrange, Liberty and Giddings.

In region 3 class 3A -2 it picks Newton to be strong again (to be more athletic and faster) and to be challenged in district by Crockett (which they show will have most all their offence back). and Garrison to be a challenge to Newton. Other teams in that region show Arp to have lost a lot of players but have some key pieces coming back. El. Fields to be strong. They show region 4, 3A-2 to be strong.

Liberty should be down again 

• 2 weeks later...

WOS will have a real shot to make it to Jerry World every year in their current classification. Pretty much Gilmer and WOS will be the favorites every year for the foreseeable future. Some years Celina  and Cuero will be there, but they cannot consistently compete with WOS and Gilmer year in and year out IMO. Other teams like Graham, LaGrange, Sweetwater, Atlanta, Tatum, Bellville, Navarro, and Gladewater will make some noise, but again not consistently. 4a D2 is the weakest division in the state IMO. Couple of really high level programs, and then just a buncha ok teams. I really don't like the split in 4a. Seems like all the powerhouses stayed D1 (With the exception of WOS and Gilmer). In D1 you have 10-12 teams that will have a real shot every year, and then a bunch of teams that will be right there with a special class. Crazy the difference in the 2 divisions.