Off Topic

winwin

3 hours ago, winwin said:

I dont know who "some" is but I dont think anyone ever said they were. But Kelly is still one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the area. Dont let the district losses fool you. Those district losses have come to 25-8 Concordia, 22-13 St Pius and 20-4 Village. I dont think pollsters take that into consideration :)

Brings up a good topic... Name your top 10 teams in SETX

On February 6, 2017 at 9:46 PM, Rebel 85 alum said:

I sure would hate for this to get back to that  sweet  woman 

Don't think I haven't reported this to the moderators of this Forum.  To my knowledge, threatening someone with physical violence is a no-no, and that's what you are a doing.

Btw, I'll cut your grass if you keep quiet :) 

21 hours ago, winwin said:

I dont know who "some" is but I dont think anyone ever said they were. But Kelly is still one of the top 5 or 6 teams in the area. Dont let the district losses fool you. Those district losses have come to 25-8 Concordia, 22-13 St Pius and 20-4 Village. I dont think pollsters take that into consideration :)

Obviously not better than Leggett or Hempstead!   (Or a 12 loss Buna team). ;) 

33 minutes ago, bradyb said:

My honest opinion in order 

1. Silsbee

2. Central

3. PA Memorial

4. Nederland

5. Ozen 

6. Kelly 

7. West Brook

8. Kountze

9. LCM

10. Buna

Why are you not including all the teams we cover here at SETXsports? That's what our rankings include and you would see why it is a little more difficult than just picking the very very local.;)

Several weeks ago, on a clear day, with no wind, I saw this hugh UFO moving over Evadale.  It was the classic round saucer shape.  When it got over the paper mill, it stopped and hovered over it for almost a minute.  It then started wobbling for about 10 seconds and took off so fast it was out of sight in a heartbeat.  Wonder why?  Tru storie.

As a past pollster, I can understand the logic behind Kelly's "fall" in the rankings. 

I certainly understand that the top of TAPPS 3-6A is tougher than the top of 29-1A.  TAPPS 3-6A is downright brutal!  And I really do think that the pollsters took that into consideration as despite the early district losses Kelly maintained its #1 ranking in the 3A-Private Poll until last week and despite a current 4 game district losing streak Kelly still maintains a spot in the Top 10 of those rankings.

However, there is only so much credit that you can give to a team for being in a tougher district and only so much you can penalize another for either putting a good streak together or being well above their district competition.  This is especially true when the spot in question is the #1 ranking in this or any other poll.

Now as to who would beat who....yes....I'd take Kelly against any of the teams in the current 3A-Private Rankings and, quite frankly, I would like their chances against some of the teams in the current 6A-4A rankings.  However, this focuses on the difficulty that I know AAW and I have discussed in the football rankings and to some extent also here. That is when you have several classes being ranked in one poll, you can't always rely on hypothetical matchups in determining your rankings.  To sum up my convoluted paragraph into one sentence....while actual results count, mythical results don't necessarily do.

Of course, in the end,  regardless of the past, current or future rankings in this poll, the fact that Kelly is not #1 puts it no further way from a potential state championship and the fact that Leggett is #1 puts it no closer to one

20 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Several weeks ago, on a clear day, with no wind, I saw this hugh UFO moving over Evadale.  It was the classic round saucer shape.  When it got over the paper mill, it stopped and hovered over it for almost a minute.  It then started wobbling for about 10 seconds and took off so fast it was out of sight in a heartbeat.  Wonder why?  Tru storie.

No, REB, what you saw was not a UFO but the ball that Luis Pujols hit off of Brad Lidge in the NL championships about 10 years back.  Yes, NASA has confirmed that it is still in orbit.

12 minutes ago, WOSgrad said:

No, REB, what you saw was not a UFO but the ball that Luis Pujols hit off of Brad Lidge in the NL championships about 10 years back.  Yes, NASA has confirmed that it is still in orbit.

I can believe that.  I was at the game and have never seen a stadium go from super loud to quiet so quick.  Many had the cell phones calling people to have them hear the crowd (before the rocket shot).

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Next year the rankings will go by classifications. Still be 6A-4A, but the other poll will be 3A-1A. The private schools will go by their TAPPS classification. Kelly will be in 6A-4A poll, Legacy and OCC in 3A-1A poll.

I can understand the need for that adjustment.  Putting Kelly, Legacy, Baytown Christian and OCC in the smaller school polls is mainly a football thing.  An example of this is Kelly.  In doing my football previews, Coach Rabb told me that his biggest problem was getting enough young men on the team to compete in a very strong TAPPS district with the likes of interestingly so, St. Pius and Concordia Lutheran.  Thus, it would be patently unfair to compare the football Bulldogs to any of the larger football teams in our area.  However, with smaller team requirements in basketball kind of close that gap and would enable Kelly to be compared more fairly with the larger schools in the area.

Wait a second?  winwin, isn't this the point you were trying to make in the other topic before someone took that thread off topic, thereby prompting you start this thread called "off topic?" And by posting a response that would be on topic for that topic am I off topic on this off topic thread.

Never mind, my head is starting to hurt.  I think I need a nap.