Nederland 36 Port Neches-Groves 35/FINAL

WOSgrad

I think PNG fans are taking this particular game a little out of context. First off Nederland is pretty damn good. Second if Nederland was terrible this would still be a hard fought game. Just the way it is. PNG defense gave up some points but their offense was held way below their season average. I just don't think you can base anything off this game.

I didn’t see this big talent gap that png is claiming to have.  I think they had the best player on the field last night, but Nederland had some darn good ones too.  Nederland is I think 7 points from being an undefeated team.  You might have underrated us before the game, but I have hard time buying we are less talented after the game.  

If Nederland didn’t give up late TD to lose to central their would be a 3 team tie for district championship. We were also 14 yards away to tie memorial. But that’s ALL water in the bridge and a L on the column.  But what’s not is the PNG game. PNG can still say they are Co-District champs sharing with PA. There can only be one winner in the Bum Phillips bowl and that’s Your NEDERLAND BULLDOGS. I’ll take that over co district champs any day. 

10 minutes ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

I didn’t see this big talent gap that png is claiming to have.  I think they had the best player on the field last night, but Nederland had some darn good ones too.  Nederland is I think 7 points from being an undefeated team.  You might have underrated us before the game, but I have hard time buying we are less talented after the game.  

We knew it going in, James Mosely was just gutsy enough to call It, he knows what it means to play the "Bulldog Way"

10 minutes ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

I was made a believer last night. Latulas is a beast. Why we didn't double him up is beyond me. Has he been there his whole High School career. What class is he in? Simmons too. watching these kids as they played this senior group I don't remember them when they were younger. 

1 hour ago, png9mon said:

We had nothing working in the passing game. Sadly no choice but to run Shug. The kid with the flare was dangerous and stupid. All the kids with the powder, and smoke bombs were just ignorant & rude.  Powder and smoke gets blown in to the air, all around.  People with bronchitis,  asthma & allergies can't breathe.  This has to stop. TO ALL THESE RUDE KIDS, SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

Sound like those kids lacks Discipline.

Just seems obvious to me that Faircloth is bound and determined to do it his way...He was convinced Roschon was going to beat us, and he ALMOST did. As effective as he is and was, look at how much better he could be if the football was put into someone else's hands. I know some wont like hearing this but the Dogs are year in and out more physical and smashmouth. On both sides of the ball. No shock and awe, just hands in the dirt football. JMO

12 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

I was made a believer last night. Latulas is a beast. Why we didn't double him up is beyond me. Has he been there his whole High School career. What class is he in? Simmons too. watching these kids as they played this senior group I don't remember them when they were younger. 

Latulas has been a kid without a position but both have been here.  Latulas was a lb as a Fresh/Soph, DE last year, remember Ned has been loaded at WR.  But Ned has always plugged the best players in regardless and Latulas got his chance and has blossomed.  Simmons moved in from Mississippi his soph year and was on varsity from jump street, so outside of last year, you probably didn't see him.  Both are special players.

36 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

25 minutes ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:
39 minutes ago, bronco pride said:

I think PNG fans are taking this particular game a little out of context. First off Nederland is pretty damn good. Second if Nederland was terrible this would still be a hard fought game. Just the way it is. PNG defense gave up some points but their offense was held way below their season average. I just don't think you can base anything off this game.

I think we were just under our average, although I'm not a stat guy...I also think we scored the most points on that Nederland defense all year, at least the starters....But in the end they just needed to hold us for what they did and win the game...

1 hour ago, GoBigBlue1997 said:

Yeah,  you notice when they lose to Nederland (a lot lately) they are always out coached, never just plain out played.

21 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Yeah,  you notice when they lose to Nederland (a lot lately) they are always out coached, never just plain out played.

We were outplayed defensively! We have struggled with our defense all year just never played a team to show our team weaknesses until memorial and Nederland! Sorry but faircloth buckles every year playing Nederland what saved us last year is Simmons got hurt! Put these same boys with burnette and we would have went undefeated hands down! He should have ran more time out of the clock knowing we could stop the run or the pass! Not smart coaching! I have said this for years but I have never been a fan of Faircloth since 2nd year he was her and now he has gotten in the politics of some of the players he is playing! We have better talent to utilize on defense! The only sophomore that should be starting on defense is Santiago! 

21 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

We were outplayed defensively! We have struggled with our defense all year just never played a team to show our team weaknesses until memorial and Nederland! Sorry but faircloth buckles every year playing Nederland what saved us last year is Simmons got hurt! Put these same boys with burnette and we would have went undefeated hands down! He should have ran more time out of the clock knowing we could stop the run or the pass! Not smart coaching! I have said this for years but I have never been a fan of Faircloth since 2nd year he was her and now he has gotten in the politics of some of the players he is playing! We have better talent to utilize on defense! The only sophomore that should be starting on defense is Santiago! 

what other sophs. were starting on defense?

28 minutes ago, PNGNDN1990 said:

Tell me again what Burnett’s record against Nederland was?  Maybe your team just got outplayed again.