Silsbee vs. Yates Predictions

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1379253" timestamp="1361814763"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109731.msg1379231#msg1379231 date=1361809731]
Truth is folks and this may sound harsh, but the Yates fan base is not really USED to winning in basketball..They were a football power for many years and had that same "swag" about their football program back in the day...This does not excuse inappropriate behaviors by any means, but its still kind of "new" to them...HJ fans have been used to winning basketball, and have a tendancy to be less cocky about their teams success...This has become their time to "shine" over the last few years and they are doing just that..Doesn't make it right, but its one of the major reasons they do it...[b]They can't act like they have been there before, because before a few years ago...They really hadn't. ;)[/b][/quote]

I was on a college team that won our conference tourney and made it to the big dance,  but i didnt act inappropriate nor did my teammates or fans and that was the [b]first[/b] time our university won the tournement in 17 years.  WINNING OR LOSING should not dictate how you act as a human.
[/quote]

I'm hitting the Like button on that statement!

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379546" timestamp="1361889478"]
I want Silsbee to win.
[/quote]

Like we said in our many posts, "The ball can bounce anyway on any day."  So we have to be ready.  We are looking to play our game and if we do that, we should come out on top.  Good Luck to all of the players involved, for this game will impact them far more than it will the schools, communities, and fans involved.  For some players tonight will be their last dance and for others it will be an experience to remeber.  Who knows how the ball will bounce tonight, but without a doubt, it will be a great game and one to remember for everyone. 

Good Luck JY and Silsbee!!  Both teams have worked hard to get here and now it's time to go to work.  See you guys tonight.

Once again, Thanks Aggies Are We for a great experience and we look forward to future topics of discussion.

Guest Air Bisquit
My heart is telling me Silsbee, but my head is saying Yates.

I think I will go with my heart

Tigers win by 5

Everyone have safe travels to and from the game.

[quote name="utfan06" post="1379523" timestamp="1361886225"]
Yates by 9
[/quote] at end of third qtr.

then, Yates really gets going (in distance running this is called a "negative split") and the ball handlers for the opposition get tired/sloppy/a step slower.....then disaster.

If Silsbee's strength and depth is guard play, then they could hang with Yates for most of the game, maybe even the whole game. Of course that depends what "hang with" means. I mean stay within 12. Think about this, how well can Silsbee's best ball handler off the bench handle Yates pressure when he's tired?

And Yates length is most problematic when they trap and press. a Little less so when playing half court offense. Although #25's seal-and-quick-spin moves deep in the paint are impressive...especially the QUICK part. If Yates hits their 3's anywhere near 35%+ its lights out for the opposition.

Bottom line: Yates could beat Silsbee 24 out of 25 times (for comparison, HJ would win, say, 1 out of 50) Will tonight be that 1/25? Nope, but that's why they play the game. The worst factor for Silsbee is if they think they can run with Yates. Yates BEGS teams to "throw them in that briar patch."

[quote name="Bigcam2903" post="1379487" timestamp="1361855064"]
What is unacceptable is the way you speak of these kids & their community. I have sat back & listened to enough negative bull from you "girl" and whoever else signs off on these negative comments. Inner city kids win a ball game, now character, grades & everything else is brought to the carpet. Even critical of the graduates whom have gone on to college to better themselves. If no one else tells you I will. BACK OFF!! These kids & their community deserve better. I was taught if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. I grew up on the west side of Port Arthur and attended Abraham Lincoln H S & we whipped up on people. All that was ever said was how nothing good comes out of our school. We were ridiculed often. My question is,how many times do these kids have to turn the other cheek? Walk away be the better man when they are being confronted by adults many times. This must stop & will stop because winning will do the fighting for these kids & their community. One thing I know these kids have is pride & heart, 2 key elements the kids in the "hood" possess. Put that together with talent & you crybaby fans & wimpy "I'm taking my ball & going home" ball players don't stand a chance. Even if it was the best 4 out of 7. I hope & pray you mean spirited people on here refrain from any further negative posts, because Yates players & fans may read this & the game result may get out of hand quickly.
In just a few words LOL.
Mighty Bumblebees

PS
By the way the Bees will be in the building @ state tournament '88 Champs being honored. Be there next year also, back to back Champs
FYI.    Lions players & fans, if anyone understands, The Mighty Bumblebees do.
[/quote] Soooooooooo True. They do this (especially SteveNash) because they cannot talk matchups, strategy, strengths, exploitable opportunities or common opponents wher the facts come anywhere near a glimmer of hope IN HOOPS. That's why they do this. The few who do this get the facts pointed out and then fall back on but-I-love-my-boys comments. Last resort on a hoops forum when TOTALLY outgunned. Something Silsbee and ESPECIALLY HJ are not used to.

[quote name="jackyateshoops" post="1379543" timestamp="1361889360"]
Good Morning Everyone.  Well, here we are, tonight is the night you've been waiting for.  Hope to see you guys in the house tonight.  Let's turn the corner and get back on task.  In a few hours, it will be ALL said and done...so you call it!!

OUR Prediction:  We will win.  We will win DECISIVELY!!  20+
[/quote]
Don't think so !!! Silsbee by 5

[quote name="homeless" post="1379586" timestamp="1361892132"]
[quote author=Bigcam2903 link=topic=109731.msg1379487#msg1379487 date=1361855064]
What is unacceptable is the way you speak of these kids & their community. I have sat back & listened to enough negative bull from you "girl" and whoever else signs off on these negative comments. Inner city kids win a ball game, now character, grades & everything else is brought to the carpet. Even critical of the graduates whom have gone on to college to better themselves. If no one else tells you I will. BACK OFF!! These kids & their community deserve better. I was taught if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem. I grew up on the west side of Port Arthur and attended Abraham Lincoln H S & we whipped up on people. All that was ever said was how nothing good comes out of our school. We were ridiculed often. My question is,how many times do these kids have to turn the other cheek? Walk away be the better man when they are being confronted by adults many times. This must stop & will stop because winning will do the fighting for these kids & their community. One thing I know these kids have is pride & heart, 2 key elements the kids in the "hood" possess. Put that together with talent & you crybaby fans & wimpy "I'm taking my ball & going home" ball players don't stand a chance. Even if it was the best 4 out of 7. I hope & pray you mean spirited people on here refrain from any further negative posts, because Yates players & fans may read this & the game result may get out of hand quickly.
In just a few words LOL.
Mighty Bumblebees

PS
By the way the Bees will be in the building @ state tournament '88 Champs being honored. Be there next year also, back to back Champs
[/quote] Soooooooooo True. [b][b][color=red][size=12pt]They do this (especially SteveNash[/size][/color][/b][/b]) because they cannot talk matchups, strategy, strengths, exploitable opportunities or common opponents wher the facts come anywhere near a glimmer of hope IN HOOPS. That's why they do this. The few who do this get the facts pointed out and then fall back on but-I-love-my-boys comments. Last resort on a hoops forum when TOTALLY outgunned. Something Silsbee and ESPECIALLY HJ are not used to.
[/quote]

Please elaborate.  Please show me where I have said anything negative about any of the Yates players or coaches.(  The only thing I have stated about the team many times is that they acquire their players in a different manner than most everyone against whom they compete)  Furthermore, what is it exactly that makes you so much better qualified to "talk matchups, strategy, exploitable opportunities or common opponents?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="homeless" post="1379586" timestamp="1361892132"]
[quote author=Bigcam2903 link=topic=109731.msg1379487#msg1379487 date=1361855064]
In just a few words LOL.
Mighty Bumblebees

PS
[/quote] Soooooooooo True. They do this (especially SteveNash) because they cannot talk matchups, strategy, strengths, exploitable opportunities or common opponents wher the facts come anywhere near a glimmer of hope IN HOOPS. [b]That's why they do this[/b]. The few who do this get the facts pointed out and then fall back on but-I-love-my-boys comments. Last resort on a hoops forum when TOTALLY outgunned. Something Silsbee and ESPECIALLY HJ are not used to.
[/quote]

What you do not understand is that 95% of these fans that are making the negative comments about Yates are not Silsbee fans.

What did I say negative about the Yates players except for the fact that they tried to start an altercation with the Silsbee players? I said I did not like their style of play and I said that Yates is not a great school from an academic standpoint. Its funny how they were talking about the whipping they put on HJ, but they were not too receptive to people talking about their school I have a right to my opinion... ;D

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1379671" timestamp="1361901890"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=109731.msg1379586#msg1379586 date=1361892132]
In just a few words LOL.
Mighty Bumblebees

PS
[/quote] Soooooooooo True. [b][b][color=red][size=12pt][b]They do this (especially SteveNash[/size][/color][/b][/b]) because they cannot talk matchups, strategy, strengths, exploitable opportunities or common opponents wher the facts come anywhere near a glimmer of hope IN HOOPS. That's why they do this. [/b]The few who do this get the facts pointed out and then fall back on but-I-love-my-boys comments. Last resort on a hoops forum when TOTALLY outgunned. Something Silsbee and ESPECIALLY HJ are not used to.
[/quote]

[b]Please elaborate. [/b] Please show me where I have said anything negative about any of the Yates players or coaches.(  The only thing I have stated about the team many times is that they acquire their players in a different manner than most everyone against whom they compete)  Furthermore, what is it exactly that makes you so much better qualified to "talk matchups, strategy, exploitable opportunities or common opponents?
[/quote] elaboration: leading up to the game it was clear you didn't have faith (your logic prevailed) that HJ could beat Yates. That's why every post of yours that I recall was focused on Yates' recruiting. Nothing I recall about matchups, strategy, exploitable opportunities or common opponents. Actually, I was complimenting your hoop knowledge that it didn't allow you to hold out false hope that HJ could beat Yates, even tho you surely HOPED they could. Understand now?

[quote name="Big girl" post="1379677" timestamp="1361902577"]
Oh and I said that one of Yates' coaches was encouraging the players to mock the Silsbee players which is true.
[/quote]Big Girl!!! In life you never know who will cross your path and impact lives without your knowledge. I received a call last night. You gonna owe me big time  :D 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder