Silsbee/Yates butted heads tonight!!

After the game tonight, Silsbee's coaching staff and Yates coaching staff negotiated for around 30 minutes trying to decide on when and where these two teams would play if Silsbee wins tomorrow night (Yates and Kashmere already have an agreement). Nothing could be worked out. They are scheduled to meet tomorrow morning to hash it out again.

I was privy to some of this conversation and the biggest hurdle seemed to be with Coach Wise. He is refusing to play Silsbee at any place that Silsbee has played in recent time, including last year. Silsbee offered to play at Sam Houston in Huntsville but Wise refused stating that Silsbee played there last year!! Wise wants Silsbee to play in an HISD facility, even tried to say that Yates has not played at Campbell Center this year but Sigler corrected Wise on that telling him he actually watched Yates play there this year. Wise then remembered. Silsbee wanted to flip for home and home with Lamar's Montagne Center being their home court. Wise refused. Also Wise wants to play the game next Monday night and not Tuesday. Silsbee does not want to do that.

Not sure what is going to be agreed upon. I think it will come down to a coin flip.

Also, there was another Silsbee/Yates head butting tonight. A few of each teams players started mouthing to each other during all this negotiating. Someone pointed out to some Yates players that a few of the Silsbee players were standing over in a corner and they went over to them and the two groups started mouthing. It was quickly broken up before anything could escalate.

If Silsbee can come out with a win tomorrow night, next week's game with Yates (when and wherever it is) will be quite interesting to say the least.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1377705" timestamp="1361510557"]
You ever hear of waking up a grizzly bear with a stick in your hand the size of a small twig? That's what Silsbee just did! Not smart...now instead of getting beat by 30, Yates will likely put 45-50 on them!!  ;D
[/quote]

It was Yates players that started the mouthing, I witnessed that myself.

Also, it is Wise being belligerent about where to play. Silsbee is not backing down.

I do not consider that being "not smart".

You ever hear of waking up a grizzly bear with a stick in your hand the size of a small twig? That's what Silsbee just did! Not smart...now instead of getting beat by 30, Yates will likely put 45-50 on them!!  ;D
[/quote]
I see u like playing with Yates " basketballs" get off ur knees dick vitale !! Yates ain't nothing ....win or lose, will still be proud of them ...

There is no way we should or will for that matter agree to play in HISD.  Heck,  lets all bring lawn chairs and play at Knupple Park.  If Yates is so much better than us why is Wise worried,  they should be able to beat us at home by 20 if thats the case so just let them cometo Silsbee!!

[/quote] Honesty, that's what I was thinking (disturbing a caged beast with a twig).  Silsbee shouldn't have done that, IMO.  But then again, just imagine how amazing it would be IF Silsbee would pull off the upset after all the jawing?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1377752" timestamp="1361541160"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=109663.msg1377705#msg1377705 date=1361510557]
[/quote] Honesty, that's what I was thinking (disturbing a caged beast with a twig).  [b]Silsbee shouldn't have done that, IMO[/b].  But then again, just imagine how amazing it would be IF Silsbee would pull off the upset after all the jawing?
[/quote]

Shouldn't have done what? You state this like Silsbee instigated the jawing. That was not the case. The players just refused to allow Yates players come over to them and try to intimidate them. Silsbee players were just jawing back.

[/quote] Dickie, I think the Silsbee crowd will be more non-believing than the HJ crowd. Yates probably would have came into the game with less fire and desire. The one thing Silsbee don't want to do is wake up a sleeping giant. Leave it alone. Play the game. Put your egos to the side  ;D

Tips for silsbee if yates goes up for a dunk.....  Foul hard....really hard to send a message....to the point of knocking them to the floor......  Basketball is a contact sport as well.  Im not saying hurt intentionally, but if you ve played at a high level you know what im talking about.  I highly doubt Yates players even play football, so silsbee should get physical with them.

If they hit they re free throws so be it.  Which is a lower percentage than a dunk

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1377783" timestamp="1361545082"]
Tips for silsbee if yates goes up for a dunk.....  Foul hard....really hard to send a message....to the point of knocking them to the floor......  Basketball is a contact sport as well.  Im not saying hurt intentionally, but if you ve played at a high level you know what im talking about.  I highly doubt Yates players even play football, so silsbee should get physical with them.

If they hit they re free throws so be it.  Which is a lower percentage than a dunk
[/quote]And Yates will foul even harder!!!! Trust me.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    nanoflowcell
    Newest Member
    nanoflowcell