Silsbee 77 HJ 58 Final/Friday

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look guys, from what I saw last night, HJ is not a great team, no #4 team for sure. They are a good team no doubt, but they are overrated in my book. They had no bench to speak of, Silsbee played 10 last night. They have no inside threat, the big guy is just not that good. Donahoe is very good but not good enough to carry this team deep in the playoffs. Silsbee showed that you can contain him and make the others try to beat you.

I really don't see any of our distict teams doing well in the playoffs but I sure would like to be wrong on that.

I think our teams will do well in the playoffs. Earl Thomas for WOS will finally be back Tuesday from his football game in Florida. We'll get in our groove.

Look guys, from what I saw last night, HJ is not a great team, no #4 team for sure. They are a good team no doubt, but they are overrated in my book. They had no bench to speak of, Silsbee played 10 last night. They have no inside threat, the big guy is just not that good. Donahoe is very good but not good enough to carry this team deep in the playoffs. Silsbee showed that you can contain him and make the others try to beat you.

I really don't see any of our distict teams doing well in the playoffs but I sure would like to be wrong on that.

HJ is a great team! and thats all there is to it! we arnt overrated...every team has a slump...and with out a doubt, win or lose, we have the BEST fans in Texas!

Sutherland is a "bad coach"..."scared of this player"...etc.

Come on guys...if anyone knows Coach Sutherland, they know his record.  He left an outstanding program (that he helped create) and went to coach at another school and is successful there also.  He is obviously doing something right.

As for HJ...they are a good team.  Everyone is capable of having an off-night.  I do agree that when the starters aren't having a good night, a change-up is needed, but I can tell you that when those starters start being pulled out, some of the same posters making the suggestion will be objecting to that decision too.  It's a no win situation and kudos to Sutherland and all the other coaches who dedicate their time and efforts to work with our kids...not just to make them better athletes...but more importantly, to make them better people.

Guest spinks

Come on fellas.  I dont post on here but this is ridiculous.  Silsbe lost to WOS by 20!  HJ has beaten them 2 times in the last two weeks.  HJ had a bad night.  To say they are not a number 4 ranked team in the state may be true but you cant base your opinion on 1 night.  What about HJ beating Lufkin Hudson by 30+ and silsbee barely beats them. Silsbee has great athletes who had a good night.  Then the stuff about Sutherland................WOW!!!!!!!!!  This guy is arguably the best coach in the area and one of the best in Texas.  You guys need to think before you talk!  Questioning him is pretty funny............would anyone care for me to post his record?

Guest spinks

it is about 388 and 97(could be 1 or 2 off on the losses)...................in 18 years of coaching Friday was only is 6th district loss...............those 388 wins include a state championship and 5 state tournament appearences.  Now.....................Is this a guy we should be questioning?

Guest Wildcat 08

Come on fellas.  I dont post on here but this is ridiculous.  Silsbe lost to WOS by 20!  HJ has beaten them 2 times in the last two weeks.  HJ had a bad night.  To say they are not a number 4 ranked team in the state may be true but you cant base your opinion on 1 night.  What about HJ beating Lufkin Hudson by 30+ and silsbee barely beats them. Silsbee has great athletes who had a good night.  Then the stuff about Sutherland................WOW!!!!!!!!!  This guy is arguably the best coach in the area and one of the best in Texas.  You guys need to think before you talk!  Questioning him is pretty funny............would anyone care for me to post his record?

Some people don't realize teams have bad night. ;D

So I take it that Silsbee had a bad night against WOS then.

Fact is, some teams just match up better than others do. WOS had the inside players to match up with Silsbee's inside guys, HJ didn't have those against Silsbee. Silsbee did a great job defensively against Donahoe, where he went off on WOS. It's all about the match ups.

Guest spinks

if WOS had the inside guys to match up to silsbee but HJ didnt how did HJ have the inside guys to match up with WOS.  By the way...........donahoe scored between 8-12 points in HJ's district win against WOS. I would not quite call that going off! HJ's big man has been very effective this season...........he had a bad night in silsbee.  Look all 3 are good teams but I will bet that you have not seen HJ play more than once and in order to estimate how good they are or are not you must see more than one game.  You are right about one thing........teams do match up bad with teams............HJ does not match up well against athletic teams.  HJs loss had nothing to do with the play of the big men yet the perimeter defense silsbee played had everything to do with it.  I will agree that silsbee had a bad night in WOS!

Guest spinks

Right now I would bet on WOS.  They have HJ at home and I think they are flat out better than Silsbee.  WOS has the perfect mix of basketball players and athleticism.  ALong with great coaching my pick is WOS.............as much as it hurts to pick against my hawks.

i don't see HJ losing at home though cause they haven't lost a home game yet and their fans do get a little crazy(have had ejections before) it wouldn't suprise me to see a 3 way tie for first. but HJ doesnt match up well with athletic teams. and donahoe had 11 against west Orange in their district meeting he had 18 against silsbee.

finally sumone agrees with me!!!

Right now I would bet on WOS.  They have HJ at home and I think they are flat out better than Silsbee.  WOS has the perfect mix of basketball players and athleticism.  ALong with great coaching my pick is WOS.............as much as it hurts to pick against my hawks.

We finally get Earl back this week. Mccarter will get the job done.

Thank you, Spinks, for backing up Coach Sutherland. This man is an amazing coach, and not only coaches these boys, but coached boys little dribblers a while back, and also helped with my sisters little dribbler's team the year before last. Todd puts in so much time, more than some of you guys know, to help his team grow to what it is. He does it for his love of the game, and for his love of these boys... any team would be lucky to have him. :)

Guest tigersvoice

hj felt bad for silsbee so thet let them have this one it wont happen again

My goodness "rub-a-dub, did the Hawks feel "19 points" sorry for Silsbee?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin