**#2 HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. #3 SILSBEE @ Ford Park/SILSBEE WINS 81-76!!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall saying that H-J has trouble with athletic teams and some didn't believe me.  First Central, Then WO-S, then finally Silsbee.  The Hawks will need to do some tweeking before the playoffs start because I have a feeling you'll see Silsbee again or maybe even Yates.  You want to avoid the same kind of result like tonight.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1363972" timestamp="1358308631"]
I recall saying that H-J has trouble with athletic teams and some didn't believe me.  First Central, Then WO-S, then finally Silsbee.  The Hawks will need to do some tweeking before the playoffs start because I have a feeling you'll see Silsbee again or maybe even Yates.  You want to avoid the same kind of result like tonight.
[/quote]

Yes athletic teams are difficult to deal with - fortunately Central wasn't athletic last year. 

[quote name="bmrm" post="1363979" timestamp="1358309327"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108282.msg1363972#msg1363972 date=1358308631]
[/quote]

Yes athletic teams are difficult to deal with - fortunately Central wasn't athletic last year.
[/quote]They are athletic this year.  What does last year have to do with this year?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1363985" timestamp="1358309697"]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=108282.msg1363979#msg1363979 date=1358309327]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108282.msg1363972#msg1363972 date=1358308631]
[/quote]

[/quote]They are athletic this year.  What does last year have to do with this year?
[/quote]

Nothing - just living in the past & recalling HJ's win over Central last year that conjured up some good memories.  We weren't supposed to hang with yall but actually forced the action & won the game.  Nice to see the little guy win.     

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1363969" timestamp="1358308564"]
HJ played the 4th like their season depended on it. Silsbee played the 4th as if thier defense had already got on the bus to go home. Great win but must play a complete game. Nice play by HJ as well. Cant wait for the second match up!
[/quote]

I have never agreed more with a statement you have made BS!  The Tigers defense was changed a little in the second half by the refs seeming to call the game a little tighter but in that fourth quarter the Tigers lacked in some of rotations that they had been getting to earlier.  The Hawks started hitting shots and the Tigers made some bad decisions with the ball as well.  Not taking away from a great effort that quarter by the Hawks but this has been a problem for the Tigers in the past.  They have built big leads and seem to ease up and those leads dwindle.  This team is best when they play with that intensity and fire like they played with in that first half.  That was by far the best I have seen from my Tigers this year,  especially in the half court defense.  They didn't let HJ's shooters get good looks.  Congrats guys on a good win but next time lets play solid for all 4 quarters.

[quote name="bmrm" post="1363989" timestamp="1358310229"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=108282.msg1363985#msg1363985 date=1358309697]
[quote author=bmrm link=topic=108282.msg1363979#msg1363979 date=1358309327]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nothing - just living in the past & recalling HJ's win over Central last year that conjured up some good memories.  We weren't supposed to hang with yall but actually forced the action & won the game.  Nice to see the little guy win.   
[/quote]Well, it was nice to see the big boy win BIG this year...

Score by quarters

1          2          3            4            tot
Hardin-Jefferson              8          14        17          37          76
Silsbee                          20          19        21          21          81

FT %

HJ        14/24      58%
SIL        18/27      67%

3 point %

HJ        6/21        29%
SIL      2/14        14%

Rebounds

HJ          39
SIL        40

Turnovers

HJ          21
SIL          19

Individual scoring

HJ

Braiden Harmon                22
Devante Johnson              20
Zjori Bosha                        17
Sammy Mitchell                  9
Travis Stevens                    5
Dylan Mayes                        3

Silsbee

Chris Elam                          32
Jordan Holmes                  15
Davaughn Thomas              12
Patrick Reed                        8 (13 rebounds)
Danti Wilson                        6 (6/9 FT)
Jake Dobbins                        4
Zayon Jackson                    3
Yancy Brydson                      1

First time in a loonnngggg time I've witnessed Silsbee flat out punk HJ. It's like they slapped HJ and dared them to swing back. Silsbee is twice as good as Hj this year so don't let that comeback fool ya. It'll be another 10yrs before Hj beat Silsbee again in Basketball on the Varsity level. Silsbee farm system is loaded....lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12