Central QB Mitchell has Lamar Offer

[quote name="Razor" post="1354128" timestamp="1355353085"]
the kid is a phenomenal talent...outside of the Gtown QB, he was the best Nederland faced all year...he has size, he is mobile, and he has a good arm...Lamar would do well to have him and several other local kids IMO...however, for LU, all the skill people in the world will not matter if they cannot build the team to be strong up front...[b]need some big old hogs up on the Oline [/b]so that the skill guys can do their thing
[/quote] Woodard needs to get an Euless Trinity connect.  ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1354017" timestamp="1355339136"]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=107406.msg1354014#msg1354014 date=1355338733]
Great point AAW. Lamar may be looking at him as a kicker for all we know.  ;D
[/quote] Let us not forget; its all about a free education foremost. If I'm being offered a scholly (fulll ride) and I don't have a lot of offers, I'll be the waterboy. ;)
[/quote] You are so right Dove every one thinking Not For Long

[quote name="zeroturn" post="1354184" timestamp="1355361593"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=107406.msg1354017#msg1354017 date=1355339136]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=107406.msg1354014#msg1354014 date=1355338733]
Great point AAW. Lamar may be looking at him as a kicker for all we know.  ;D
[/quote] Let us not forget; its all about a free education foremost. If I'm being offered a scholly (fulll ride) and I don't have a lot of offers, I'll be the waterboy. ;)
[/quote] You are so right Dove every one thinking Not For Long
[/quote]  ;)

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1353964" timestamp="1355329889"]
I hope the best for Robert. He may get a D1a school to offer this late, but not likely. Most probably already have their QB's lined up and unless he has been talking to coaches consistently the bigger offer probably won't come. Not impossible - just not likely this late.  Now if he was still playing,like the Georgetown QB, hat could change some minds.
[/quote]You're right but I don't think the bigger schools are recruiting him to play QB anyway. I'm sure Lamar is but he projects more as an "athlete" for the FBS schools. I think an FBS school like Texas State, UTSA, or North Texas could eventually offer him if he runs well on his recruiting trip. A lot of lower tier FBS schools give out late December or January offers to seniors after their top targeted commit to bigger schools. For example, here's UTSA offer sheet. Since they're a lower tier school you see more than usual October through December commits than the normal FBS sheet which is why I think when the dust clears around mid-January he'll have better offers.
  http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2636/class/2013/page/offers

[quote name="cougar14" post="1354474" timestamp="1355428016"]
[quote author=85' HUSKER link=topic=107406.msg1353964#msg1353964 date=1355329889]
I hope the best for Robert. He may get a D1a school to offer this late, but not likely. Most probably already have their QB's lined up and unless he has been talking to coaches consistently the bigger offer probably won't come. Not impossible - just not likely this late.  Now if he was still playing,like the Georgetown QB, hat could change some minds.
[/quote]You're right but I don't think the bigger schools are recruiting him to play QB anyway. I'm sure Lamar is but he projects more as an "athlete" for the FBS schools. I think an FBS school like Texas State, UTSA, or North Texas could eventually offer him if he runs well on his recruiting trip. A lot of lower tier FBS schools give out late December or January offers to seniors after their top targeted commit to bigger schools. For example, here's UTSA offer sheet. Since they're a lower tier school you see more than usual October through December commits than the normal FBS sheet which is why I think when the dust clears around mid-January he'll have better offers.
  http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school/_/id/2636/class/2013/page/offers
[/quote] Nail biter situation

[quote name="C O Wilson Bullpups" post="1354909" timestamp="1355505649"]
I hope Mitchell waits to see if he can get a better offer...
[/quote]

This is bothersome.  You're Nederland and the Lamar University community might think that because of the proximity, that you would be supportive of the University and its programs.  Apparently not.  So, because of sporatic area support it's taking longer than at some other schools to crank the football program up.  If as many area people would be supportive of Lamar as there are that just want to degrade the school what a school our entire area could / would be proud of. 8)

Guys get real nobody bigger is coming.  If he wants a bigger offer he will have to go juco first. He is good but he is way below the radar and isn't at a school that produces top end talent every year therefore he will get overlooked.

People saying wait for a better offer dont know recruiting and im glad/hope none of you saying this  are the kids parents because you would be giving the child bad info. Like I have said before I handle WOS recruiting if you dont have a big offer by now 9/10 your not going to get it so take what you have or go juco! Its not the 90's anymore where kids get scholarships after their senior season is finished colleges recruit earlier now days. Most schools are looking at 2014/2015 kids now.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1355661" timestamp="1355639402"]
Guys get real nobody bigger is coming.  If he wants a bigger offer he will have to go juco first. He is good but he is way below the radar and isn't at a school that produces top end talent every year therefore he will get overlooked.

People saying wait for a better offer dont know recruiting and im glad/hope none of you saying this  are the kids parents because you would be giving the child bad info. Like I have said before I handle WOS recruiting if you dont have a big offer by now 9/10 your not going to get it so take what you have or go juco! Its not the 90's anymore where kids get scholarships after their senior season is finished colleges recruit earlier now days. Most schools are looking at 2014/2015 kids now.
[/quote]

WOS has a recruiting coordinator?

Remember people its about his education.  Something bigger does not mean something good. Im glad lamar is recruting this area. I wish more players from memorial take a look at Lamar.  If Lamar had players from the area, the stadium would be packed every Saturday. It all boils down to his EDUCATION. EDUCATION, EDUCATION.

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1354971" timestamp="1355509091"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=107406.msg1354909#msg1354909 date=1355505649]
I hope Mitchell waits to see if he can get a better offer...
[/quote]

This is bothersome.  You're Nederland and the Lamar University community might think that because of the proximity, that you would be supportive of the University and its programs.  Apparently not.  So, because of sporatic area support it's taking longer than at some other schools to crank the football program up.  If as many area people would be supportive of Lamar as there are that just want to degrade the school what a school our entire area could / would be proud of. 8)
[/quote]

Ditto that! we seem to pull for district opponents come playoff time, and everyone seems to enjoy oppurtunities to play at Provost stadium. However we can't pull for our back yard collegiate program, which can only make playing on their field more exciting, IMO!

No doubt!  If he want to Lamar, it would help to grow their fan base.  If Central supporters started going to Lamar games to support Mitchell, and other fans from other school followed suit to support their players who were staying at home, it could change everything for Lamar football.  I like the idea.

I guess I'm just not in the know on some things. What's the deal with better school? Better school in what sense? Is D1 supposed to be the best school? I was told that if u want to go pro then D1 is the route. I've stressed to my son that EDUCATION is our top priority if he is blessed to go pro then that's an added benefit but I want to be realistic about it. As I've communicated with recruiters one of my first questions is regarding the graduation rate of athletes. I wish Robert the best in whatever route he takes.

[quote name="Scatright" post="1355674" timestamp="1355670635"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=107406.msg1355661#msg1355661 date=1355639402]

[/quote]

WOS has a recruiting coordinator?
[/quote]  :o lol

Considering Green went to PV A&M last year, I would consider Lamar Football a step up for Mitchell. Based on what I saw out of the two QBs the last several years I thought Green was the better QB prospect. Thats not a knock on Mitchell as he was the best QB I saw in SE TX this year and could play the position at the FCS level and would benefit greatly from a full time QB coach.

Congratulations to Him. I hope to see him with the Cardinal helmet on next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xoxox
    Newest Member
    xoxox