Vidor's Quirante heads up 20-4A All District teams

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1353607" timestamp="1355259858"]
I have loved watching MQ on the field under those Friday Night Lights, sure will miss watching him next year.
[/quote]

Maybe he will hook up with Lamar and you can see him on Saturdays. :)

[quote name="usedtobe" post="1353611" timestamp="1355260720"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=107390.msg1353607#msg1353607 date=1355259858]
I have loved watching MQ on the field under those Friday Night Lights, sure will miss watching him next year.
[/quote]

Maybe he will hook up with Lamar and you can see him on Saturdays. :)
[/quote]

I hope so, I know a lot of Pirate fans would go watch him on Saturdays.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1353598" timestamp="1355257716"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=107390.msg1353594#msg1353594 date=1355257345]
http://orangeleader.com/hssports/x1951921647/Vidors-Quirante-heads-up-All-District-20-4A-Team
[/quote]

I wonder will Tony Brown be happy with that 2nd team safety award?
[/quote]

It is what it is - won't matter much what Tony's level of happiness is.  Go stir something in the Kingwood area. ::)

Congrats to all on the ALL DISTRICT TEAMS your hard work and dedication to your team,coaches,family and communtiy is greatly appreciated. Thanks for some fantasic Friday night football and playoff games. May the next level of play for you be as exciting and rewarding as your high school days were.

i know the kid from vidor made mvp , but what position did he make on the the all district squad ? back in the day if a player was an mvp and he was a qb he was the the 1st team all district qb as well , if he played on the other side of the ball like linebacker he was also included on the 1st team , i would just like to know when did they start doing this format ? i live in va now and this was the 1st time i saw that format where the superlatives werent included on the all district team . the question i have is, is  the kid from vidor the best qb in the district ? is he the best linebacker in district ?

[quote name="phunter308" post="1353628" timestamp="1355263136"]
Yea not to sure how Hopkins is second team. [b]Way more yards during the season[/b]. Looks like everything else is ok I guess. Hopkins was dependable every down power. I guess JJs mister excietment title was enough. Congrats to all.
[/quote]
Not really... He only had 1,333 district rushing yards. the other 408 yards came from the playoffs.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1353646" timestamp="1355271496"]
He was the MVP/best player, don't get hung up on the position.
[/quote] i just asked a question ,but since you wanna go down that road then  if positions wasnt important dont pick no other players at all,  just say he is mvp and be done with it , but we know that is ridiculous !!!  i simply asked was  quirante  the best qb in his district ? if so then he should be 1st team , is he the best linebacker in the district if so then he should be on the 1st team . i asked because that is how it was some years ago , i was just asking when did the format change and why ? if you dont know then say you dont know , its ok , dont let your ego get the best of you im just asking a question .

I know nothing, I don't have an ego, but it's not like all-district picks need a 2/3rds vote congress to do it differently?  The all-district picks by the coaches are listed, there in black and white, I guess they decided how they would present their picks.  To my knowledge their are no published rules for how to select all-district picks, he was the best football player in the district, no matter where you put him on offense/defense/special teams whatever, the kid was just good.  I know your just raising a point of how it used to be in the past, but there also used to be 1 team make the playoffs.  I'm saying it really doesn't matter in my opinion, maybe it does to you, so maybe someone else can answer why the changed the procedures on how it was done back in the day.

62 JJ, I don't think the guy was being cocky when he stated "don't get hung up on position". Think he just misinterpreted your question. To answer your question, some time in the 90's they stopped placing all MVPs and any other superlative awards within the first team. This gave them an opportunity to place a few extra kids on first team. As far a Montana Quiranta goes he may or may not have been the best QB or LB, but he was hands down the Most Valuable Player in the district excelling both ways. If you were playing Vidor that coming Friday Night, you spent much of the week centered around him on both sides of the ball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder