West Orange-Stark vs Navasota Rattlers Game Thread/Navasota wins 38-7!

I understand. Navasota showed me a well coached team with very good athletes. But, again, WOS offense is/was not very good. I was not supprised to see your LBs and D-line in the backfield. The Rattlers D forced the fumbles but not the interceptions. Those were solely on the QB.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Rattler99" post="1351649" timestamp="1354951998"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=107262.msg1351617#msg1351617 date=1354948019]
[quote author=Rattler99 link=topic=107262.msg1351532#msg1351532 date=1354941274]
Some of you are full of it. Before tonight, WOS would be the team to beat the Rattlers. Now, it's Gilmer. Grow a pair and take the loss. The better team won from start to finish.
[/quote]

Quit your freakin belly achin the person who said that is not even a WOS fan. Nobody is trying to take anything away from you... Act like youve been here before...
[/quote]

First, if you didn't make the statement about Gilmer beating the Rattlers, I wasn't talking to you.  Reading comprehension is NOT your friend.

Yes FULL OF IT... We played and dominated the #1 DEFENSE. Now, Gilmer is going to be the team to beat Navasota?

Act like you have been here before!  Congrat the better team and take your loss. 

Game over.  NEXT!!!
[/quote]

Nothing wrong with my comprehension, homey. Navasota has a great team, but it's obvious some of the fans  need to learn how to win. People like you make it hard to pull for Navasota going forward...

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1351707" timestamp="1354978435"]
I just got back from the pet store and bought my new favorite pet, a Rattler.  The ars kicking had nothing to do with turnovers, it's just the fact REAL FOOTBALL is played WEST OF THE TRINITY......... ;) ;) ;D
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better smoking baby.  If Navasota and WOS played 10 times, Navasota would win at least 9 of them.  Just to much speed on both sides of the ball for Navasota.  #2 Austin Collins is a special player.  He plays both sides and you couldn't find a classier player on either team.  He scores and gives the ball to the official and gets off the field.  Never runs his mouth.  I did see him pick up WOS players off the ground last night several times.  I again was surprised with the cheap shots WOS was taking.  #14 was doing something dirty the entire night and #68 threw a punch at one of our players. 

It's amazing that you didn't see what your players were doing. 11 and 12 were taunting and pushing after the play all night. So quit whinning.  Number 12 has been a trouble maker all year. You can see it on film and I've seen comments about him from referee's on other sites so please stop trying to make your kids sound like poor little victims. When 60 got ejected it was because 11 shoved his helmet into the ground when he was getting up. No excuse for his actions, but quit acting like your kids were innocent.

IMO, nothing ever got started on the WOS side of the ball. From the time west orange walked in the stadium they already lost. Offense couldnt keep it in control and the defense was off. Not making excuses because u have to be ready on any friday or saturday night. Hats off to the rattlers though. well played game. now bring home the title to region 3. this wos fan is pulling for u.

P.S. Thanks to everyone who came out to support WOS. the stadium was almost packed on both sides.

Congratulations to Navasota.  You were easily the better team.

Nothing suprised me about how well you played, with the exception of how well your team rushed the ball in the second half.  The big play ability, the QB, receivers...they were good as I thought.  Especially #2.

Before the game, I thought that the ONLY way WO-S had a chance to win was if we did not have turnovers and minimized the number of penalties on offense.  We did neither.  Even IF you remove the WO-S INTs, fumbles, and penalties, Navasota still wins this game, probably by a score of something like 35-21 or 38-28.  That is about as close as the game COULD have been and ONLY IF everything went right for WO-S.  The Rattlers were better. 

I expect Navasota to easily beat Bellville next week (who should beat Port Isabel).  Then, Gilmer (who will beat Henderson) will provide some competition, but not enough.  You have a very impressive team.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1351755" timestamp="1354982599"]
It's amazing that you didn't see what your players were doing. 11 and 12 were taunting and pushing after the play all night. So quit whinning.  Number 12 has been a trouble maker all year. You can see it on film and I've seen comments about him from referee's on other sites so please stop trying to make your kids sound like poor little victims. When 60 got ejected it was because 11 shoved his helmet into the ground when he was getting up. No excuse for his actions, but quit acting like your kids were innocent.
[/quote]

They may have been taunting, but I am pretty sure everyone was running their mouth.  The difference was they had no penalties called on them. 

[quote name="griff" post="1351766" timestamp="1354984124"]
Congratulations to Navasota.  You were easily the better team.

Nothing suprised me about how well you played, with the exception of how well your team rushed the ball in the second half.  The big play ability, the QB, receivers...they were good as I thought.  Especially #2.

Before the game, I thought that the ONLY way WO-S had a chance to win was if we did not have turnovers and minimized the number of penalties on offense.  We did neither.  Even IF you remove the WO-S INTs, fumbles, and penalties, Navasota still wins this game, probably by a score of something like 35-21 or 38-28.  That is about as close as the game COULD have been and ONLY IF everything went right for WO-S.  The Rattlers were better. 

I expect Navasota to easily beat Bellville next week (who should beat Port Isabel).  Then, Gilmer (who will beat Henderson) will provide some competition, but not enough.  You have a very impressive team.
[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better, Griff. We had to have a perfect game and we didn't get it. I'm trying to give the Rattlers credit, but the way some of their fans act is making it difficult for me.

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1351769" timestamp="1354984501"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=107262.msg1351755#msg1351755 date=1354982599]
[/quote]

They may have been taunting, but I am pretty sure everyone was running their mouth.  The difference was they had no penalties called on them.
[/quote]

So getting away with it makes it OK? Then why are you still whinning about 14? He wasn't flagged either...

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1351769" timestamp="1354984501"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Much of this kind of stuff never gets caught by the refs. 

Guest wosmustang06
I am new to this site and am tired of talking about the game but I will give my opinion. First off, I will congratulate the rattlers on a great performance but I agree with coach Thompson we did help a lot and beat ourselves. I agree the fumbles were just good hits but the picks were unforced. Our qb is a hard worker but I just don't feel he's a big game performer he did this last year. I feel like we have great offensive players who should be given a chance. Every turnover came while we were driving downfield. I also feel our playcalling was too conservative as they were just waiting for our qb to run and the bubble screens They knew we couldn't throw deep on them. We should've mixed it up and gave other people a chance we have a good qb with a rifle arm and good running backs who don't even get a chance. As for our "vaunted" defense. They forced 2 early turnovers but got no help from the offense and eventually tired out. I also saw their "dominant" o line get away with holding A LOT. Again great game rattlers but if the shoe was on the other foot and you had several turnovers and lost you would say you beat yourself too. Oh, one more thing, #60 was nauseous the whole game and kept getting punched by the "innocent" rattlers in the stomach and he just finally lost it. That doesn't make it ok but just because you don't get caught doesn't make it ok to taunt and shove and throw punches.

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1351594" timestamp="1354946237"]
Y'all are taking what coach Thompson said and making it something else! Go back and watch the film! We were constantly driving on navasota and then shooting ourselves in the foot! Yes navasota made us pay for the turnovers, that's what great teams do! They scored 24 points off of turnovers...add 80 yards of penalties to that and that's what happened! Coach Thompson was right on the money with what he said! I'm not saying the mustangs were the better team. Just wish we could have seen how it would have been if we didn't have the worst game of our season tonight.
[/quote]Dude stop it...yall couldnt of beat navasota with 12 players on the field

[quote name="wosmustang06" post="1351796" timestamp="1354987671"]
I am new to this site and am tired of talking about the game but I will give my opinion. First off, I will congratulate the rattlers on a great performance but I agree with coach Thompson we did help a lot and beat ourselves. I agree the fumbles were just good hits but [color=blue][b]the picks were unforced[/color][/b]. Our qb is a hard worker but I just don't feel he's a big game performer he did this last year. I feel like we have great offensive players who should be given a chance. Every turnover came while we were driving downfield. I also feel our playcalling was too conservative as they were just waiting for our qb to run and the bubble screens They knew we couldn't throw deep on them. We should've mixed it up and gave other people a chance we have a good qb with a rifle arm and good running backs who don't even get a chance. As for our "vaunted" defense. They forced 2 early turnovers but got no help from the offense and eventually tired out. I also saw their "dominant" o line get away with holding A LOT. Again great game rattlers but if the shoe was on the other foot and you had several turnovers and lost you would say you beat yourself too. Oh, one more thing, #60 was nauseous the whole game and kept getting punched by the "innocent" rattlers in the stomach and he just finally lost it. That doesn't make it ok but just because you don't get caught doesn't make it ok to taunt and shove and throw punches.
[/quote] The WOS QB had only two interceptions all year long, and last night he had three.  I would think that maybe they were forced.....just saying.

I see WOS fans or delusional "Navasota was the better team tonight" they exposed every flaw in WOS's team last night...That weak schedule of WOS is the only reason they were even as hyped up as they were this year...I've said it once and I'll say it again WOS is known to choke in these situations and last night was a prime example it's no way yall were beating Navasota with that simple offense...WOS offense was terrible too simple not beating a good team being one dimensional like that

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1351771" timestamp="1354984715"]
[quote author=cbmurphy11 link=topic=107262.msg1351769#msg1351769 date=1354984501]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So getting away with it makes it OK? Then why are you still whinning about 14? He wasn't flagged either...
[/quote]

First of all not whinning, we won the game.  Not much to whin about.  I said I just didn't expect this from WOS.  What game were you watching.  #14 had two personal fouls called against him.  The first one was on a 3rd down in the first half.  We ran the ball to the left and got stopped for no gain.  He was 50 yards from the play and threw our receiver to the ground, giving us a first down.  The 2nd was in the 4th quarter when he ran threw the back of 1 of our db's after the play was over.  I am really surprised about all the bashing WOS QB is taking from his own fans.  The kid played his heart out last night.  He may have had a few turnovers, but the offensive line gave him no time.  He extended several drives with his running.  This is no place to bash players.  At times he made our defense look not very good.  I wish him all the best. 

[quote name="wosmustang06" post="1351796" timestamp="1354987671"]
I am new to this site and am tired of talking about the game but I will give my opinion. First off, I will congratulate the rattlers on a great performance but I agree with coach Thompson we did help a lot and beat ourselves. I agree the fumbles were just good hits but the picks were unforced. Our qb is a hard worker but I just don't feel he's a big game performer he did this last year. I feel like we have great offensive players who should be given a chance. Every turnover came while we were driving downfield. I also feel our playcalling was too conservative as they were just waiting for our qb to run and the bubble screens They knew we couldn't throw deep on them. We should've mixed it up and gave other people a chance we have a good qb with a rifle arm and good running backs who don't even get a chance. As for our "vaunted" defense. They forced 2 early turnovers but got no help from the offense and eventually tired out. I also saw their "dominant" o line get away with holding A LOT. Again great game rattlers but if the shoe was on the other foot and you had several turnovers and lost you would say you beat yourself too. Oh, one more thing, #60 was nauseous the whole game and kept getting punched by the "innocent" rattlers in the stomach and he just finally lost it. That doesn't make it ok but just because you don't get caught doesn't make it ok to taunt and shove and throw punches.
[/quote]

We turned the ball over 4 times against LaMarque.  Great teams can over come turnovers if they have to.

Warm my crow up and gimme some Tabasco with it please. I was wrong and highly mistaken. GREAT TEAM NAVASOTA. We were manhandled. From jump. To stay in our base D all night was.......baffling. Our QB had a horrible game, but he was rushed and hit ALL NIGHT. HELL maybe we should've held them like we claim they were holding. Taunting only stops when u shut them up and give them nothing to taunt about. We didn't STOP them from talking. If anything we added to their "swag" because certain players left no doubt they were getting in their heads. Run A dime, a nickel, zone blitz..... Something to throw The Rattlers off. I love my Stangs. No excuses from me.

[quote name="Stangs92" post="1352155" timestamp="1355011080"]
Warm my crow up and gimme some Tabasco with it please. I was wrong and highly mistaken. GREAT TEAM NAVASOTA. We were manhandled. From jump. To stay in our base D all night was.......baffling. Our QB had a horrible game, but he was rushed and hit ALL NIGHT. HELL maybe we should've held them like we claim they were holding. Taunting only stops when u shut them up and give them nothing to taunt about. We didn't STOP them from talking. If anything we added to their "swag" because certain players left no doubt they were getting in their heads. Run A dime, a nickel, zone blitz..... Something to throw The Rattlers off. I love my Stangs. No excuses from me.
[/quote]

Very well said.  I respect the WOS program.  We did try to warn everyone about this offense.

[quote name="Stangs92" post="1352155" timestamp="1355011080"]
[/quote]Well said! Great season Stangs and good luck to the Rattlers I think yall got this!

I had posted this on the Nederland thread and also wanted to post it here also...You know i have been watching High School Football in this area since the early 70's and what has happened recently to the local teams is it seems like we have great defenses, but when we get to the 3rd and 4th round of the playoffs the offenses just cannot carry their share of the load.  Whether it is schematic or types of offense's being ran, they just do not match up against the teams that they face in the later rounds.  This happened to WO-S and it happened To Nederland, the offense's imploded with turnovers, therefore keeping their defense's on the field to long and eventually wearing down.  I saw a very dominant team in Navasota last night, with one of the best offense's I've seen in a long time.  Not taking anything away from WO-S's defense, but the QB from Navasota was very good, and it would have taken a mistake free game by the offense to even stay close. It seems like Nederland ran into the same type of buzzsaw today...Congrats to both WO-S and Nederland on great seasons and you have nothing to hang your head about...and to Navasota and Georgetown I hope ya'll bring the hardware back to Region III.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine