VIDOR vs SUMMER CREEK D1 ROUND 1

dustoff03

winner?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

HOW IN THE HECK IS THAT AN EXCUSE????? I said it happens......WE LOST.......forget it and move on......no one's crying over it!!! By the way,this lil Pirate is probably older than you......but I bet my Sophomore is bigger than your Varsity kid with better grades too.....we'll see which kid goes further in carerrs and life.....let it go man.....lol....its a game!

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1330738" timestamp="1352938894"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106059.msg1330685#msg1330685 date=1352936907]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=106059.msg1330654#msg1330654 date=1352935383]
We still have to remember that SC has not played a player the like of Montana, who along with Collins are the best atheletes of 20-4A or 19-4A. With Montana being my MVP pick of both district, but if SC plays like they played last Friday, it will be interesting to watch. Gotta go with SC though they are well balanced.
[/quote]You can't keep saying they're the best athletes of 19 or 20-4a. Montana isn't the baseball player Kaleb Denny is and Collins isn't the basketball player Raelon Singleton is. Singleton is bigger and faster than Collins and Denny is more agile and elusive than Quirante. You have to think, the only good team Montana plays qb for over here is BH and Collins would be a true db. Playmaking ability is what stands out in 19-4a, we have athletes everywhere over here, even CE King. Wait 'til Vidor sees Greg Hogan, he's not big on a lot of schools radar but he will be the best receiver Vidor has seen this year, you have to roll coverage to him and then they backdoor you with Ruffin. We have some awesome athletes over here in 19-4a, I think the bi-district matchups are going to show that. I'd never thought I'd say it but Dayton is actually the only team I see with a .500 chance or better of losing.
[/quote]

You are right, Cougar.

I know of a girls softball player (pitcher) in 19-4a who is better than any athlete on the Vidor, or SC football teams.(no she doesn't attend SC) She has already been tapped for a Olympic team, and she is only 14 years old. She didn't compete in the Olympics this year, because of her age. She WILL be in Brazil in four years, unless she gets injured.

Posters need to qualify their post before clicking the post button.
[/quote]

That's a hilarious notion.  Can she break a 5.0 40 yard dash and take a hit from a 250 pound lineman?  Let's see her in some pads.  This is a football board, not "the softball chat cafe".  Come on, dad.

[quote name="Summercreek dad" post="1330756" timestamp="1352939488"]
[quote author=watsx2 link=topic=106059.msg1330748#msg1330748 date=1352939142]
Oh so she's better than the 15YR OLD WORLD RECORD HOLDER in powerlifting in 20-4a???? Look it up shes from LCM.........
[/quote]

I SAID better than any player on the FOOTBALL TEAM! Is not reading comprehension taught in 20-4A? Again, one should preview, and qualify, a post before clicking the post button.
[/quote]

Maybe you should check your info before you post, they didn't have softball in the 2012 Olympics. 2s of now there will not be softball in 2016 either. They are trying to hey it back inn the Olympics in 3020.

[quote name="LagunaMadre" post="1330625" timestamp="1352933293"]
Summer Creek passes the ball better than anyone in 19-4A. They have an athletic d-line but I'm not sure it's better than Nederland's d-line. Vidor has the intangibles with good coaching and Quirante. Should be good game to watch. I think I have to give the edge to Summer Creek after the way they handled Dayton.

SC 35
Vidor 30
[/quote]hey what up Cap Rock? whats shakin'?

[quote name="watsx2" post="1330796" timestamp="1352941891"]
I didn't mention the 3rd loss because it was in rd3 of the playoffs and ya'll weren't there.....so I was only talking reg. season  ;D
[/quote]You don't have to worry about being there either this year, or the next. Like I said earlier, you'll be back to struggling for fourth in the not so distant future. You'll be talking about those same two playoff wins for several years to come. It's just like how we were beating up on Ned before this year, they're a different team now. I know y'all haven't been good two years in a row since the AFL-NFL merger but you're going to find out these things go in cycles, that's why Dayton's streak is amazing. Y'all have Quirante and have been at a peek the last two years, the valley is right on the other side of the parabola.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1330805" timestamp="1352942633"]
[quote author=watsx2 link=topic=106059.msg1330796#msg1330796 date=1352941891]
I didn't mention the 3rd loss because it was in rd3 of the playoffs and ya'll weren't there.....so I was only talking reg. season  ;D
[/quote]You don't have to worry about being there either this year, or the next. Like I said earlier, you'll be back to struggling for fourth in the not so distant future. You'll be talking about those same two playoff wins for several years to come. It's just like how we were beating up on Ned before this year, they're a different team now. I know y'all haven't been good two years in a row since the AFL-NFL merger but you're going to find out these things go in cycles, that's why Dayton's streak is amazing. Y'all have Quirante and have been at a peek the last two years, the valley is right on the other side of the parabola.
[/quote]
i am so glad you are an expert on the future of vidor football. i'm gonna go ahead and place my bets in vegas for next season.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1330805" timestamp="1352942633"]
[quote author=watsx2 link=topic=106059.msg1330796#msg1330796 date=1352941891]
[/quote]

But sometimes...just sometimes, you might see a light at the end of the hyperbola.  Don't you use any parabola analogies with me!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1328364" timestamp="1352748628"]
bulldog1984 -->  SCHS is a hitting team as well.  This team has swagger and is not pushed around.  If anything, we'll see some unsportsman like penalties.  The defense is full of kids with nasty attitudes.

The biggest fun is seeing this team hang 40+ points on proud, highly ranked opponents.  Its the most satifying to see those opponents fall.  The Vidor kids are already trash talking on Twitter and Facebook.  [b]It will be a long ride back to hick-ville[/b].
[/quote]
Come on DemDAWGS, Vidor is not hick-ville as you say. I grew up in Vidor but now I live in hick-ville and its called Mauriceville. What a D-bag comment from you, should be Summer's Eve rather than Summer Creek.  ;D

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1329552" timestamp="1352844928"]
I like UgotTrucked comment because it sounds like he actually played in the game vs. SC.

[b]I'm not taking any shots at the fans or players of Vidor related to their town, race or wealth.[/b]  I'm strictly talking football ...and yeah, I've been trash talking.  Its fun.  I do hope to see a great game.

Back to football, I stand by my earlier comment: Vidor is a one dimensional offense.  What I'm curious to see on Friday is 1) if SC is as good as I think they are, 2) will Vidor experience a team on an entirely different level than they have seen (Dayton, BH, & Crosby would say "YES"), and 3) was 19A a weak conference in comparison to 20A.

Any Vidor fans been to an SC game?  Any SC fans been to a Vidor game?  I wish Crosby, BH or Dayton played Vidor so we could get their assessment.
[/quote]
And then you follow it up with this. Trying to crawfish a bit?

Good Luck Pirates.  SC's QB is very good. He likes to throw to #7 and #81. RB's are quick.  The D Lineman in the middle is good and plays fired up.  I love what I saw out of #44 on defense during the 1 game I watched against BH. They took the foot off the pedal in the second half of that game. If SC plays that 3 man front the whole game I feel Vidor will move the ball on them. Gonna say 32-31 Pirates.

Say what u want about vidor but I would take their kids any day over some outer Houston kids.  Make no mistake vidor kids wil not back down from anybody. Especially the winner of 19 4a in a down year. Vido will win this game Friday. That's not a guess that's a fact. So after Fridays game I do expect all these " high class" SC fans to message me and say " sir I'm sorry for being such trash and talking so much crap all week. I promise I won't do it again and Thank you so much for showing us what a real football team looks like. Can't wait to be knocked out in the first round AGAIN next year"

Here is my prediction of how the game unfolds.  Vidor is a frustrating team to play.  They run that Slot T crap and bore you to death with 3-4 yard gains.  You have to be SUPER disciplined to stop it... you can't be athletic and big and fast to stop it, you MUST be DISCIPLINED.  I think the Pirates frustrate the CRAP outta SC which will put pressure on that high flying offense.  This is my analysis, and this is why the game will be close.  I think Nederland is a better team than Vidor, but I think SC will have more trouble with Vidor because of the numbing affect of the Vidor offense.  Them boys play pretty good defense too.  I see a much closer game than some folks in SE TX who saw SC deystroy PNG... that game has nothing to do with what will take place this weekend.  Vidor and PNG this year are about as night and day as you can get.

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1330883" timestamp="1352948086"]
Here is my prediction of how the game unfolds.  Vidor is a frustrating team to play.  They run that Slot T crap and bore you to death with 3-4 yard gains.  You have to be SUPER disciplined to stop it...[b] you can't be athletic and big and fast[/b] to stop it, you MUST be DISCIPLINED.  I think the Pirates frustrate the CRAP outta SC which will put pressure on that high flying offense.  This is my analysis, and this is why the game will be close.  I think Nederland is a better team than Vidor, but I think SC will have more trouble with Vidor because of the numbing affect of the Vidor offense.  Them boys play pretty good defense too.  I see a much closer game than some folks in SE TX who saw SC deystroy PNG... that game has nothing to do with what will take place this weekend.  Vidor and PNG this year are about as night and day as you can get.
[/quote]

But you can be athletic, big, fast and disciplined and stop it. Discipline is the one variable you can work on. The other three are gifts!

[quote name="Brubaker" post="1330883" timestamp="1352948086"]
Here is my prediction of how the game unfolds.  Vidor is a frustrating team to play.  They run that Slot T crap and bore you to death with 3-4 yard gains.  You have to be SUPER disciplined to stop it... you can't be athletic and big and fast to stop it, you MUST be DISCIPLINED.  I think the Pirates frustrate the CRAP outta SC which will put pressure on that high flying offense.  This is my analysis, and this is why the game will be close.  I think Nederland is a better team than Vidor, but I think SC will have more trouble with Vidor because of the numbing affect of the Vidor offense.  Them boys play pretty good defense too.  I see a much closer game than some folks in SE TX who saw SC deystroy PNG... that game has nothing to do with what will take place this weekend.  Vidor and PNG this year are about as night and day as you can get.
[/quote]
Just takes one wrong step and they will be off for the races.

I just read that Vidor plays man coverage.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Vidor-cornerbacks-need-big-game-Friday-4038008.php

Really?  They must really have a lot of confidence in these kids.

This misdirection offense better be incredible. If U play SC w/ man coverage, ur bound to get torched. Once U pull back to support the pass, SC will run it down ur throat. This team is loaded w/ playmakers. I still have a hard time believing Vidor offense is much different from BH.

Vidor's first drive will be telling. If they punt, it will spell trouble n give SC's defense even more confidence

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1330868" timestamp="1352947338"]
Say what u want about vidor but I would take their kids any day over some outer Houston kids.  Make no mistake vidor kids wil not back down from anybody. Especially the winner of 19 4a in a down year. Vido will win this game Friday. That's not a guess that's a fact. So after Fridays game I do expect all these " high class" SC fans to message me and say " sir I'm sorry for being such trash and talking so much crap all week. I promise I won't do it again and Thank you so much for showing us what a real football team looks like. Can't wait to be knocked out in the first round AGAIN next year"
[/quote]"outer Houston kids"  ??????????????????????

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1330949" timestamp="1352956825"]
I just read that Vidor plays man coverage.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/hs/article/Vidor-cornerbacks-need-big-game-Friday-4038008.php

Really?  They must really have a lot of confidence in these kids.

This misdirection offense better be incredible. If U play SC w/ man coverage, ur bound to get torched. Once U pull back to support the pass, SC will run it down ur throat. This team is loaded w/ playmakers. I still have a hard time believing Vidor offense is much different from BH.

Vidor's first drive will be telling. If they punt, it will spell trouble n give SC's defense even more confidence
[/quote]
I wouldn't put that much stock into that article. Jeff isn't gonna just give his defensive gameplan out to the press so everyone can read it. We have had a top notch defense for about two years now. I'm sure our dc will be prepared for your offense. And you'll see the difference Friday night.

[quote name="VHS95" post="1331014" timestamp="1352986150"]
[quote author=knightrider link=topic=106059.msg1330745#msg1330745 date=1352939034]
How much are the tickets for the game? :o
[/quote]

Vidor ISD website says gate tickets are $7.
[/quote]

You can purchase tickets at the field house today from 8-11 and 1-3:30 then Friday 8-11. Students $3 Adults $5 if you purchase at the game they will be $7