VIDOR vs SUMMER CREEK D1 ROUND 1

dustoff03

winner?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

i know SC is the favorite in this game but they do have 117 people that thinks Vidor will win to 149 thinks SC will win so its a pretty close call who will win. i for one picked Vidor to win and seen them play many times and have not seen SC play but have seen alot of film on SC. SC is really good at attacking the line but Vidor is great at hiding the ball and fakes so i dont feel that SC wil be able to stop all the running backs and QB . Can i say over pursuit on SC behalf...lol Vidor wins 24 to 20

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="theoneandonly" post="1329406" timestamp="1352838332"]
[quote author=theoneandonly link=topic=106059.msg1329402#msg1329402 date=1352838209]
Wow! For someone to actually be DESPERATE enough to come on a FOOTBALL forum & start talking about another town's poverty levels in their post to prove a point about their football team, speaks VOLUMES about their character & class!!!! What's next cougar14? Your mamma jokes?
[/quote]
[/quote]Where did I say anything about my team? Just tired of Nachoboy posting that. I didn't post anything but a fact. I can give you some "your mamma jokes", I'd rather tell you in person though. I can pm you my home address if you would like.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1326461" timestamp="1352571638"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106059.msg1326450#msg1326450 date=1352570449]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1326427#msg1326427 date=1352569383]
I love how Dayton has a bad game with some missing starters and now all of a sudden sc's defense is better than nederlands.

::)
[/quote]SC defense is not better than NED. ive watched both teams.
[/quote]I have to disagree with you on this one MBG. Besides 92 what position is Ned better at on D. Maybe 90 on the other side but if so not much. # 76 for SC is the best d-tackle in this district and the best I've seen so far this year. SC secondary are bigger and faster, the linebackers are bigger and faster, I'll give the D-line a push but SC gets interior pressure while Ned gets it off the ends. We played both teams, and we only scored 7 on Ned but it was the first game of the season with a new coaching staff so I'm sure it would be different now. We barely got 20 on SC and we're one of the most potent offenses in the region. Pryor is one of Ned big time players and doesn't have a rivals offer/interest sheet yet. Start looking up the SC players on D and you'll see what I'm talking about.
[/quote]

Not sure what game you were watching, the wonder twins got held to 43 yards rushing and that "potent offense" was held to 149 total.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1328442" timestamp="1352751983"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106059.msg1328437#msg1328437 date=1352751827]
If Vidor has to pass, this game is over.  I hate those misdirection offenses, but they tend to be slow in getting out the gate.  How strong is Vidor's O line?  What did Nederland do to stop the misdirection?
[/quote]
Vidor made mistakes that game and was missing a third of our offense that night. Ned capitalized on our mistakes and won the game.
[/quote]
[size=18pt]Vidor is a VERY GOOD Football Team... Beware of the Pirates!!![/size]

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1328454" timestamp="1352752590"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=106059.msg1328446#msg1328446 date=1352752311]
All chat aside, it will be fun to see just how good/bad each team is on Friday.  Please be advised, if SC rolls Vidor like they rolled Dayton (and the rest of the district), I'll be back here to remind all the nay-sayers of their words.

Friday will be fun regardless.  I LOVE TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!  I'm from the Northeast and Texas football is INCREDIBLE.
[/quote]yeah texas high school football is great. If sc does win this region any team from around the dallas area would be ones to watch. They have excellent coaching up there and tons of talent and enrollment #s similar to sc. I dont think a 4a team from this region has won a title in around 6 years.
[/quote]
I'm sure Nederland or Pearland Dawson will have something to say about who wins Region III 4A

[quote name="bigdog" post="1329456" timestamp="1352840206"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=106059.msg1326461#msg1326461 date=1352571638]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=106059.msg1326450#msg1326450 date=1352570449]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=106059.msg1326427#msg1326427 date=1352569383]
I love how Dayton has a bad game with some missing starters and now all of a sudden sc's defense is better than nederlands.

[/quote]I have to disagree with you on this one MBG. Besides 92 what position is Ned better at on D. Maybe 90 on the other side but if so not much. # 76 for SC is the best d-tackle in this district and the best I've seen so far this year. SC secondary are bigger and faster, the linebackers are bigger and faster, I'll give the D-line a push but SC gets interior pressure while Ned gets it off the ends. We played both teams, and we only scored 7 on Ned but it was the first game of the season with a new coaching staff so I'm sure it would be different now. We barely got 20 on SC and we're one of the most potent offenses in the region. Pryor is one of Ned big time players and doesn't have a rivals offer/interest sheet yet. Start looking up the SC players on D and you'll see what I'm talking about.
[/quote]

Not sure what game you were watching, the wonder twins got held to 43 yards rushing and that "potent offense" was held to 149 total.
[/quote]
Oh but don't you know bigdog. That was crosby's first game of the season under a new coach. That's the only reason Nederland was able to do that since Crosby has one of the most "potent" offenses in the region.

[quote name="bulldog1984" post="1329433" timestamp="1352839410"]
i know SC is the favorite in this game but they do have 117 people that thinks Vidor will win to 149 thinks SC will win so its a pretty close call who will win. i for one picked Vidor to win and seen them play many times and have not seen SC play but have seen alot of film on SC. SC is really good at attacking the line but Vidor is great at hiding the ball and fakes so i dont feel that SC wil be able to stop all the running backs and QB . Can i say over pursuit on SC behalf...lol Vidor wins 24 to 20
[/quote]

On paper SC wins this game. They are talented.

Who knows what happens on any given night.

They are fast and play pretty good assigment football. Everybody who might have the ball will get hit, and it does take its toll on you. Buckle up. I am going for the 19-4A dawgs in this one.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1329100" timestamp="1352823870"]
[quote author=C O Wilson Bullpups link=topic=106059.msg1329082#msg1329082 date=1352822284]

[/quote]

Nederland's entire front 4 are beasts big strong and fast... Nederland's linebacks are tough also... Nederland's secondary has lots of ints and lots of pick 6's also...

Vidor wins with ball control... Run it down their throats  like you all did Crosby last year and SC  will be crying like Crosby did last year saying "how did a bunch of white boys running the ball beat us"  :o :o :( >:( :-\ :'( :'(
[/quote]Did they give you a break from the nacho bucket again? Maybe one day you can get a minimum wage job at the local Cracker Barrel and make your parents proud. They didn't run it down our throat, they barely had 300 total yards which was 100 shy of their average and got outgained by 100 yards giving up 10 per carry. If anything we ran it down their throat, just made too many mistakes. Flannigan never made the DC adjust and now he's coaching at Westbrook after going to the playoffs 6 straight years. I doubt you heard any Crosby fans saying that, but SC is 99% brothers and they definitely won't be saying that.
[/quote]

Who WON? I was sitting on your side last year since Vidor's side was packed... I heard what you all said couldn't believe a bunch of white boys beat you all...

[quote name="cougar14" post="1329435" timestamp="1352839461"]
[quote author=theoneandonly link=topic=106059.msg1329406#msg1329406 date=1352838332]
[quote author=theoneandonly link=topic=106059.msg1329402#msg1329402 date=1352838209]
Wow! For someone to actually be DESPERATE enough to come on a FOOTBALL forum & start talking about another town's poverty levels in their post to prove a point about their football team, speaks VOLUMES about their character & class!!!! What's next cougar14? Your mamma jokes?
[/quote]
[/quote]Where did I say anything about my team? Just tired of Nachoboy posting that. I didn't post anything but a fact. I can give you some "your mamma jokes", I'd rather tell you in person though. I can pm you my home address if you would like.
[/quote]

Truth HURTS??? Crosby fans did say that, not one but several of them did...

[quote name="UgotTRUCKED" post="1329478" timestamp="1352841097"]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=106059.msg1329433#msg1329433 date=1352839410]
[/quote]

They are fast and play pretty good assigment football. Everybody who might have the ball will get hit, and it does take its toll on you. Buckle up. I am going for the 19-4A dawgs in this one.
[/quote]

And on paper Atlanta should have beat NOLA Sunday and Houston should of beat Green Bay.......

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1329468" timestamp="1352840738"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=106059.msg1329456#msg1329456 date=1352840206]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh but don't you know bigdog. That was crosby's first game of the season under a new coach. That's the only reason Nederland was able to do that since Crosby has one of the most "potent" offenses in the region.

[/quote]

:)  LOL

[quote name="indianforever" post="1329516" timestamp="1352843031"]
Im telling you I have seen these boys in person unfortunately and they are huge and fast...that's why all the posters that are saying how good they are are the ones who have seen them play....you Nederland and vidor posters haven't seen them in person...but you will see what we are talking about Friday.
[/quote]

And I have no doubt these kids are great players and I don't think anybody is down playing the fact that they are good.  It's this major big head cocky attitude that gets me.  It's almost as if they are saying well Pirates, go ahead and wave the flag. If you think you've won a game before it's even started you may be caught extremely off gaurd.

I like UgotTrucked comment because it sounds like he actually played in the game vs. SC.

I'm not taking any shots at the fans or players of Vidor related to their town, race or wealth.  I'm strictly talking football ...and yeah, I've been trash talking.  Its fun.  I do hope to see a great game.

Back to football, I stand by my earlier comment: Vidor is a one dimensional offense.  What I'm curious to see on Friday is 1) if SC is as good as I think they are, 2) will Vidor experience a team on an entirely different level than they have seen (Dayton, BH, & Crosby would say "YES"), and 3) was 19A a weak conference in comparison to 20A.

Any Vidor fans been to an SC game?  Any SC fans been to a Vidor game?  I wish Crosby, BH or Dayton played Vidor so we could get their assessment.

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1329504" timestamp="1352842229"]
[quote author=UgotTRUCKED link=topic=106059.msg1329478#msg1329478 date=1352841097]
[quote author=bulldog1984 link=topic=106059.msg1329433#msg1329433 date=1352839410]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And on paper Atlanta should have beat NOLA Sunday and Houston should of beat Green Bay.......
[/quote]

Did Drew Brees just move into Vidor?  ;D

Just kidding. Good luck to your Pirates

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1329552" timestamp="1352844928"]
I like UgotTrucked comment because it sounds like he actually played in the game vs. SC.

I'm not taking any shots at the fans or players of Vidor related to their town, race or wealth.  I'm strictly talking football ...and yeah, I've been trash talking.  Its fun.  I do hope to see a great game.

Back to football, I stand by my earlier comment: Vidor is a one dimensional offense.  What I'm curious to see on Friday is 1) if SC is as good as I think they are, 2) will Vidor experience a team on an entirely different level than they have seen (Dayton, BH, & Crosby would say "YES"), and 3) was 19A a weak conference in comparison to 20A.

Any Vidor fans been to an SC game?  Any SC fans been to a Vidor game?  I wish Crosby, BH or Dayton played Vidor so we could get their assessment.
[/quote]

No but I watched it first hand and noticed the D popping anybody close to the ball.

[quote name="indianforever" post="1329516" timestamp="1352843031"]
Im telling you I have seen these boys in person unfortunately and they are huge and fast...that's why all the posters that are saying how good they are are the ones who have seen them play....you Nederland and vidor posters haven't seen them in person...but you will see what we are talking about Friday.
[/quote]
I have seen them in person too and I think Vidor will hang tough with them. They are big and athletic, but Vidor's scheme and tough, hard nosed brand of football will challenge any team. Vidor needs to score early before SC gets settled in against that offense and cause some havoc with their blitzing, stunting defense and they can come away with a W. I think SC will be surprised what a tough,quick, hard hitting team that Vidor brings to Deer Park Friday Night. Go Pirates!

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1329616" timestamp="1352848505"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=106059.msg1329516#msg1329516 date=1352843031]
[/quote]
I have seen them in person too and I think Vidor will hang tough with them. They are big and athletic, but Vidor's scheme and tough, hard nosed brand of football will challenge any team. Vidor needs to score early before SC gets settled in against that offense and cause some havoc with their blitzing, stunting defense and they can come away with a W. I think SC will be surprised what a tough,quick, hard hitting team that Vidor brings to Deer Park Friday Night. Go Pirates!
[/quote]

Nope. They won't be Suprised , they know Vidor is a tough team...they will not take them lightly, the kids already said it. The kids respect Vidor

SC it is.... I didn't mean that your kids would take them lightly, they seem to well coached to do that. What I meant is when you watch film you don't get a real feel for a team. Vidor is a lot quicker on defense than they show on film and they are a very physical team, even though they aren't very big. I am going to try to make it out to Deer Park to see this game. I think it will be a good one.