VIDOR vs SUMMER CREEK D1 ROUND 1

dustoff03

winner?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. winner?

• VIDOR
    • SUMMER CREEK

[quote name="ndnsrock44" post="1329743" timestamp="1352858279"]
SC it is.... I didn't mean that your kids would take them lightly, they seem to well coached to do that. What I meant is when you watch film you don't get a real feel for a team. Vidor is a lot quicker on defense than they show on film and they are a very physical team, even though they aren't very big. I am going to try to make it out to Deer Park to see this game. I think it will be a good one.
[/quote]

Oh I know it will be a good game....Vidor is tougher than everybody thinks. I know you didn't mean it that way. Should be a great game :)

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="theoneandonly" post="1329402" timestamp="1352838209"]
Wow! For someone to actually be DESPERATE enough to come on a FOOTBALL forum & start talking about another town's poverty levels in their post to prove a point about their football team, speaks VOLUMES about their character & class! What's next cougar14? [b]Your mamma jokes[/b]?
[/quote]

;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1329779" timestamp="1352859622"]
Vidor has always been a scrappy team, but I am sorry to tell you scrappy, shaggy, scooby and the whole gang won't help. SC is going to blow you out if they choose to do so. Hopefully they don't "Lose the battle to win the war"....... ::) ::) ::)
[/quote] ;D

Guest inthedawghouse
I just registered for the forum, and  finished reading all the posts. The ones saying Summercreek will underestimate Vidor have their head up the "tookas". Summercreek players are still like children coming from out of the sticks, and going to the big city. Since it is only the second time in the history of Summercreek going to the playoffs, they don't know what to expect, and think everyone they run into will be better than they are. I can promise you that Summercreek players do not have inflated egos, and will come prepared to play against a superior opponent.

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1329863" timestamp="1352864031"]
I don't think vidor cares how big and fast SC is. When you have guys trying to inject knee poison ( cut blocks) every play you tend to slow down on defense. [b]Vidors offense will score in bunches[/b]
[/quote]

Vidor is gonna need to score slowly... You don't want a shoot out. It's gonna be difficult to break long runs with consistency. The team speed with SC is too good to let that happen for very long. Vidor will have to keep moving the chains.

[quote name="inthedawghouse" post="1329799" timestamp="1352860952"]
I just registered for the forum, and  finished reading all the posts. The ones saying Summercreek will underestimate Vidor have their head up the "tookas". Summercreek players are still like children coming from out of the sticks, and going to the big city. Since it is only the second time in the history of Summercreek going to the playoffs, they don't know what to expect, and think everyone they run into will be better than they are. I can promise you that Summercreek players do not have inflated egos, and will come prepared to play against a superior opponent.
[/quote]Summer Creek will be ready cause they already had their playoff type atmosphere game with Bronx! ;)

[quote name="dayton" post="1329882" timestamp="1352864794"]
[quote author=Teamlast link=topic=106059.msg1329863#msg1329863 date=1352864031]
I don't think vidor cares how big and fast SC is. When you have guys trying to inject knee poison ( cut blocks) every play you tend to slow down on defense. [b]Vidors offense will score in bunches[/b]
[/quote]

Vidor is gonna need to score slowly... You don't want a shoot out. It's gonna be difficult to break long runs with consistency. The team speed with SC is too good to let that happen for very long. Vidor will have to keep moving the chains.
[/quote]
I agree, and I think Jeff does also that is how his team is built.

Guest inthedawghouse
[quote name="captainclaude" post="1330369" timestamp="1352918146"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=106059.msg1329882#msg1329882 date=1352864794]
[quote author=Teamlast link=topic=106059.msg1329863#msg1329863 date=1352864031]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I agree, and I think Jeff does also that is how his team is built.
[/quote]

SummerCreek can force turnovers against a running, or passing team. Granted, it is harder against a running team, but Summer creek has done it before in this season.

SC better not misunderstand that Vidor has good team speed. Montana and Miller have speed to burn you with. Vidors defense better contain SC qb has he will scramble and make a play but sometimes makes mistakes also.If Vidor controls clock and play solid defense they have a chance but if theylet SC offense play to long they will be in trouble. Similar to the Angleton game last year. Just got wore out.

Teams like Crosby, BH, and Dayton are used to scoring lots of TD's, but none of them could manage to score much against SC.  Crosby did the best.  BH runs a similar offense as Vidor.  SC is in full playoff mode.  They had very light practices for much of the season, but they ramped up the week before the Dayton game and they're playing at an even higher level.

I agree with "inthedawghouse", this this program is young and very hungry.  They take all opponents seriously and won't underestimate anyone.  That loss last year to Magnolia West is still pushing them.

Guest inthedawghouse
[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1330447" timestamp="1352922083"]
Teams like Crosby, BH, and Dayton are used to scoring lots of TD's, but none of them could manage to score much against SC.  Crosby did the best.  BH runs a similar offense as Vidor.  SC is in full playoff mode.  They had very light practices for much of the season, but they ramped up the week before the Dayton game and they're playing at an even higher level.

I agree with "inthedawghouse", this this program is young and very hungry.  They take all opponents seriously and won't underestimate anyone.  That loss last year to Magnolia West is still pushing them.
[/quote]

The loss to Magnolia West, last year, opened a lot of SC eyes to the difference between a regular season team, and a playoff level team. A lot of SC players (most of whom returned this year) realized that it is a totally different level of play in the playoffs.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1330447" timestamp="1352922083"]

[/quote]
First of all no team besides sc is close to what Vidor averages a game. We average 436 yards a freaking a game. The team closest to us in 19-4a besides sc is Bh with 368 yards a game. That's quite a drop off y'all lol. And the closest team to reach our scoring average of 42 points a game is bh with 35. By the way May i add that bh was missing there starting qb wih there gsme against sc, and he averages almost a quarter of there offense. And there's  not a team is 19-4a that comes with 100 yards of our average 404 rushing yards a game. Bh is the closest with 297.

And second of all bh does have a run based offense but they are completely different tha us. They do not run a misdirection offense.

So to say that sc has seen an offense like us in district is laughable at best.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1330429" timestamp="1352921472"]
SC better not misunderstand that Vidor has good team speed. Montana and Miller have speed to burn you with. Vidors defense better contain SC qb has he will scramble and make a play but sometimes makes mistakes also.If Vidor controls clock and play solid defense they have a chance but if theylet SC offense play to long they will be in trouble. Similar to the Angleton game last year. Just got wore out.
[/quote]

Yea it looks like Vidor Qb has good speed....The SC QB don't scramble too much, he is more of a pocket passer....he may run very little, but that's what we have backs for....and what Qb don't make mistakes at time? We have great wrs, rbs, etc....we are a well balanced team

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="1330534" timestamp="1352927922"]
Throw out all the stats. Vidor has not seen a team as athletic as SC. Dayton got beaten like a drum last weak and Vidor lost as well.....they just don't know it yet. It won't be close.
[/quote]

I've said this over and over, if you're going into a game with the mindset of we've already won, you've already taken your mind out of the game and that's when mistakes start happening.  Looks like you guys might have a playoff repeat, one and done.