WOS fans...

ST413

We have all heard how confident you are in your defense.  From this point in the season on at some point you are going to run into a team with a very good defense as well.  My questi points againston to you is that if this team manages in one way or the other to score 21 points, how confident un your offense are you? Do you feel like your offense is strong enough to score that many points against a very good defense? What about coming back from a deficit of  14 or more?

A lot of WO-S fans think they will win it all every year.  They have underperformed several years in the playoffs since their move down to 3A.  I think this is their best shot, to date, to win it all in 3A.  Even though they have had some more talented offenses in the recent past, I don't think they have been this good on defense in many years.  They have had many standouts through the years on defense, but this group is like the true chaingang of old.  I wish them the best and hope they bring back a crown to SETexas.  If Jasper survives to see them again in their tough bracket, I will change my tune.  :)

[quote name="Hupernikomen" post="1324414" timestamp="1352477645"]
A lot WO-S fans think they will win it all every year.  They have underperformed several years in the playoffs since their move down to 3A.  I think this is their best shot to date to win it all in 3A, even though they have had some more talented offenses in the recent past, I don't think they have been this good on defense in many years.  They have had many standouts through the years on defense, but this group is like the true chaingang of old.  I wish them the best and hope they bring back a crown to SETexas.  If Jasper survives to see them again in their tough bracket, I will change my tune.  :)

I agree, we have underachieved, but I also agree this is the CHAINGANG D. We will do our best to rep SETX well and I am sure that Jasper and Silsbee will do the same. Good luck to the Bulldogs until we meet again.
[/quote]

[quote name="ST413" post="1324353" timestamp="1352474300"]
We have all heard how confident you are in your defense.  From this point in the season on at some point you are going to run into a team with a very good defense as well.  My questi points againston to you is that if this team manages in one way or the other to score 21 points, how confident un your offense are you? Do you feel like your offense is strong enough to score that many points against a very good defense? What about coming back from a deficit of  14 or more?
[/quote]Your post really scared me. I want to change my prediction. SILSBEE  50,  wos 0.

My post wasnt supposed to scare you.  I dont know that the Tigers can do that.  Our  defense has had its ups and downs.  My question was just what was stated.  I hope tonights game will be a good one.  I know the Tigers are used to big plays and won't get many tonight so our offensive production will be down. However your avoidance in answering my question speaks volumes as far as your confidence in your offense.

ST14, I encourage you to have a broader view of WO-S fans.  It's easy to focus on a few trumpet blowers on this message board, but I know quite a few of by Mustang friends/alumni who scope this board and they do NOT brag and carry on with bold predictions and constant reminders of this year's accomplishments, etc., not even in private conversation.  Most of the WO-S fans here take the cautious optimistic approach to our chances in tonight's game.  We respect Silsbee and their ability on the field.  This is not Lou Holtz/Notre Dame speak...I mean it.  Personally, I'm tired of the shut-out talk.  It will not shock many of us if Silsbee scores and makes this a competitive game. 

I can safely speak for the "quiet majority" of Mustang fans that we wish both teams an injury-free game and a deep run into the playoffs. 

[quote name="griff" post="1324668" timestamp="1352491250"]
ST14, I encourage you to have a broader view of WO-S fans.  It's easy to focus on a few trumpet blowers on this message board, but I know quite a few of by Mustang friends/alumni who scope this board and they do NOT brag and carry on with bold predictions and constant reminders of this year's accomplishments, etc., not even in private conversation.  Most of the WO-S fans here take the cautious optimistic approach to our chances in tonight's game.  We respect Silsbee and their ability on the field.  This is not Lou Holtz/Notre Dame speak...I mean it.  Personally, I'm tired of the shut-out talk.  It will not shock many of us if Silsbee scores and makes this a competitive game. 

I can safely speak for the "quiet majority" of Mustang fans that we wish both teams an injury-free game and a deep run into the playoffs.
[/quote]

Well said and 100% correct.

I agree completely and was not trying to stir the put with this thread.  I have heard and tonight will see how good the defense is.  I an just inquiring how WOS fans feel about their offense.  The outcome really has little meaning overall.  Yes its a district title but is that really the goal....

[quote name="ST413" post="1324703" timestamp="1352492938"]
I agree completely and was not trying to stir the put with this thread.  I have heard and tonight will see how good the defense is.  I an just inquiring how WOS fans feel about their offense.  The outcome really has little meaning overall.  Yes its a district title but [b]is that really the goal[/b]....
[/quote]

Well, since I come from an era where only the district champ made the playoffs, I consider it very important to a football program. Winning a championship is a good thing, something to be proud of and strive towards. Is it the end all be all? No. But it's nothing to just completely discard.

Winning a state championship is the ultimate goal, but a district title should be a goal as well.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1324712" timestamp="1352493401"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=105983.msg1324703#msg1324703 date=1352492938]
I agree completely and was not trying to stir the put with this thread.  I have heard and tonight will see how good the defense is.  I an just inquiring how WOS fans feel about their offense.  The outcome really has little meaning overall.  Yes its a district title but [b]is that really the goal[/b]....
[/quote]

Well, since I come from an era where only the district champ made the playoffs, I consider it very important to a football program. Winning a championship is a good thing, something to be proud of and strive towards. Is it the end all be all? No. But it's nothing to just completely discard.

Winning a state championship is the ultimate goal, but a district title should be a goal as well.
[/quote]

Well said!!!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1324631" timestamp="1352488626"]
I think the good fans of WOS think Silsbee should just roll over and not play!
[/quote]

I doubt any Stang fan thinks Silsbee will roll over...fetch maybe. Seriously, though should be a great ballgame between two great teams. IN reality this is the first playoff game for both teams, just both survive to play another day. I think the belief among WOS fans is that THIS is our best in recent memory and we expect to go deep because of that. I don't know if Tiger fans think this  this is their best team in recent memory? I haven't heard any say that it is. 

[/quote]

Love the Holtz reference..he could make Notre Dame vs. Sisters of the Poor sound like the game of the century.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1324721" timestamp="1352494235"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=105983.msg1324631#msg1324631 date=1352488626]
[/quote]

I doubt any Stang fan thinks Silsbee will roll over...fetch maybe. Seriously, though should be a great ballgame between two great teams. IN reality this is the first playoff game for both teams, just both survive to play another day. I think the belief among WOS fans is that THIS is our best in recent memory and we expect to go deep because of that. I don't know if Tiger fans think this  this is their best team in recent memory? I haven't heard any say that it is.
[/quote]Are yall through heaping praise and patting each-other on the back and where is the ultimate back end smoocher, skippy. I  know he would like to get in on this love-fest.

Personally, I'm tired of the shut-out talk.  It will not shock many of us if Silsbee scores and makes this a competitive game. 

[/quote]

I found the shut-out-the-whole-district prediction laughable.  I am not laughing anymore.  Very impressive!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1324712" timestamp="1352493401"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=105983.msg1324703#msg1324703 date=1352492938]
I agree completely and was not trying to stir the put with this thread.  I have heard and tonight will see how good the defense is.  I an just inquiring how WOS fans feel about their offense.  The outcome really has little meuaning overall.  Yes its a district title but [b]is that really the goal[/b]....
[/quote]

[/quote]

And I am sure the players in this game feel the district title us important.  But from many many of the statements here from fans, this game has little meaning. Out probably has more meaning to we Tiger fans as well much like a district title in basketball would mean more to WOS fans than to ours.  The district title is nice fobragging  rights for fans but in football WOS fans expect a deep trip in the playoffs and want it all like we do on the court.

[quote name="speveto" post="1324751" timestamp="1352496429"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=105983.msg1324721#msg1324721 date=1352494235]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=105983.msg1324631#msg1324631 date=1352488626]
[/quote]

[/quote]Are yall through heaping praise and patting each-other on the back and where is the ultimate back end smoocher, skippy. I  know he would like to get in on this love-fest.
[/quote]

Dude, I respect your convictions. You honestly think Silsbee is gonna be scared to step on the field? Come on, give them their due. They are a good team. Just stating my belief why Stang fans are so confident. I think and I believe we will win the game..however, I am not playing so my beliefs and actions mean nothing. I have defended MY team as much as you have. No need to be rude or even rub our success in others faces. You think we have to hate Silsbee to win?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1324863" timestamp="1352502323"]
Im the guy who started the whole we will shut-out the entire district talk and so far I have been right..

Here's my next prediction [b]we shut-out Silsbee and win state[/b]!!!
[/quote]

Just say No to drugs!! ;D

[/quote]

Very well said!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder