Nederland baseball

dogbite

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TEXASLH07" post="1351586" timestamp="1354945778"]
The Price kid has grown since his Freshman year. He has given up football and basketball so that he can concentrate strictly on baseball. He is a natural in the outfield but can play any position. He definitely will get some looks come his junior/senior year.
[/quote]

Doesn't make anyone the best to "concentrate" on one sport.....conditioning from other sports is great for baseball especially.

Look forward to the Varsity Bulldogs.

Just don't see room on Varsity for underclassmen this year with all talent returning with seniors...sorry!

There's one kid who I could see moving up and it's not a great utility player.....Varsity loaded with them.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="ram0524" post="1350564" timestamp="1354840105"]
One kid to keep an eye on is Soph. Colby Price for Ned. He's not the strongest or fastest but he has a beautiful swing and hits the ball hard every time. Robbins may bring him up to pinch hit or just to get experience in tourneys. The JV and Soph team will be strong again this year as well.
[/quote]
With the depth and talent the JR and Sr class has, I dont see many sophmores going up to Varsity this year. Maybe for tournaments at the begining of the year.

We are talking about hitting ..not pitching....Barrow and Richard were the top 2 hitters and one is back, along with Wood and a few others. And please dont compare guys who were hitting off under-level pitching with those hitting off Varsity pitching. Don't get me wrong, B.Smith is gonna be a good one.

[quote name="Mars" post="1358705" timestamp="1356565846"]
We are talking about hitting ..not pitching....Barrow and Richard were the top 2 hitters and one is back, along with Wood and a few others. And please dont compare guys who were hitting off under-level pitching with those hitting off Varsity pitching. Don't get me wrong, B.Smith is gonna be a good one.
[/quote]

B Smith is power hitter, as well as strong southpaw pitcher.  saw him hit off 85 (+)mph  pitchers last summer.  That's varsity pitching in my area.  Don't know what you have in Mid County that tops that.

What about other tall Smith kid (close in age to Lefty Smith), haven't seen him in baseball circles last couple of years, kid was good as well.

neederland needs all the hitting they can get.

send Smith our way.....we'll know what do with him...heheheehee

Bulldogbacker you know how to stir the pot early.Dogs did have a tough year in the clutch last year.We have a chance at a new beginning of being clutch.It is contagious.If there had been a pool on who would have been the best hitter last year about the only one who would have bet on Barrow would have been Seth.Things change from year to year some hitters get hot others go into a slump.My point is that Brett will get to show what he can do.For you to get on here and say he is the best hitter in the program is very disrespectful to some really good hitters.Barrow was the best hitter last year hands down!

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1359004" timestamp="1356666620"]
Bulldogbacker you know how to stir the pot early.Dogs did have a tough year in the clutch last year.We have a chance at a new beginning of being clutch.It is contagious.If there had been a pool on who would have been the best hitter last year about the only one who would have bet on Barrow would have been Seth.Things change from year to year some hitters get hot others go into a slump.My point is that Brett will get to show what he can do.For you to get on here and say he is the best hitter in the program is very disrespectful to some really good hitters.Barrow was the best hitter last year hands down!
[/quote]

Scapegoat nailed this. Hitting is contagious. With the success of football and basketball in the boys program, look for this disease to carry on with the baseball program, in regards to a deeper run.

[/quote]

B Brown going D1 in baseball says it all.  Kid could hit as well as pitch. 

Sure other hitters like Richard, Barrow were good last season....neederland struggle with clutch hitting.

just don't see the bats will keep this team competitive in district and beyond.

[/quote]

To take my words and twist them is maybe something else from you....not sure what you are trying to prove or accomplish.

Barrow had a great season and so did Brown and Richard last season.  No disrespect to them.

As for Bret, I know that he works hard and did lead his team last season in RBI's.  That's what I meant.  Not that he was or Brett Brown was the best in the program verses any other player. They fulfilled their roles and lead their teams.  Maybe I said things that could be misunderstood or could have said on their individual team.

Not sure, maybe it's the chemo drugs or regiment of other medicines that I am on.

I am looking forward to baseball season.  For a while, I didn't even know that I would get there to see my kids.

My apologies for offending anyone.  I have the most respect for the Nederland Program and players. 

Looking forward to a great season.

Hopefully some of the hitting issues referenced above will be improved with the return of Duplant and possibly Weisbrod.  Plus Barrow, Wood, Raines and others will be back with another year of experience under their belts.  As scapegoat said, it is cyclical.  And you never know when an underclassman that wasn't really counted on going into the season is going to come up and have a big year.  There is definitely enough talent in the program that Nederland will be fine this year and at least the next couple. 

[quote name="bulldogbacker" post="1359021" timestamp="1356670658"]
[quote author=scapegoat link=topic=105768.msg1359004#msg1359004 date=1356666620]
[/quote]

To take my words and twist them is maybe something else from you....not sure what you are trying to prove or accomplish.

Barrow had a great season and so did Brown and Richard last season.  No disrespect to them.

As for Bret, I know that he works hard and did lead his team last season in RBI's.  That's what I meant.  Not that he was or Brett Brown was the best in the program verses any other player. They fulfilled their roles and lead their teams.  Maybe I said things that could be misunderstood or could have said on their individual team.

Not sure, maybe it's the chemo drugs or regiment of other medicines that I am on.

I am looking forward to baseball season.  For a while, I didn't even know that I would get there to see my kids.

My apologies for offending anyone.  I have the most respect for the Nederland Program and players. 

Looking forward to a great season.
[/quote]Glad to see you doing better "D"

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1359059" timestamp="1356707244"]
Hopefully some of the hitting issues referenced above will be improved with the return of Duplant and possibly Weisbrod.  Plus Barrow, Wood, Raines and others will be back with another year of experience under their belts.  As scapegoat said, it is cyclical.  [b]And you never know when an underclassman that wasn't really counted on going into the season is going to come up and have a big year[/b].  There is definitely enough talent in the program that Nederland will be fine this year and at least the next couple.
[/quote]

Never know if chance isn't given.

Pitching won't be issue for this season....many arms to throw in there if anyone struggling on mound.

Hitting IMO (and everyone's minds) is the big question.  Put everyone you can in there who is hitting and has solid swing.  DH 'em if defense play of another player is "overwhelmingly good". 
Barrow, Duplant, Feltman, Stampley, Carson, Sampere, like Brandon Self's bat (coming up this season). Shaw's speed, i'd do bunt drills all day with him. IF Weisbord comes back (???).  Bret, Bordelon and Broussard (who is coming off injury) are standouts for underclassmen.  All 3 have live, LH bats.  I'd buy some of those anywhere.  Those 3 IMO I would pull up for tournament play for experience.  All these kids are team players and bashing a kid's ability is someone who has ulterior motive IMO.

This is just to mention a few players....not offending anyone not mentioned above.  Ned is loaded and ready, just need "it" in the clutch.  I know there is someone out there to count on,just gotta find it.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1359088" timestamp="1356713354"]
[quote author=Mr. Happy link=topic=105768.msg1359059#msg1359059 date=1356707244]
Hopefully some of the hitting issues referenced above will be improved with the return of Duplant and possibly Weisbrod.  Plus Barrow, Wood, Raines and others will be back with another year of experience under their belts.  As scapegoat said, it is cyclical.  [b]And you never know when an underclassman that wasn't really counted on going into the season is going to come up and have a big year[/b].  There is definitely enough talent in the program that Nederland will be fine this year and at least the next couple.
[/quote]

Never know if chance isn't given.

Pitching won't be issue for this season....many arms to throw in there if anyone struggling on mound.

Hitting IMO (and everyone's minds) is the big question.  Put everyone you can in there who is hitting and has solid swing.  DH 'em if defense play of another player is "overwhelmingly good". 
Barrow, Duplant, Feltman, Stampley, Carson, Sampere, like Brandon Self's bat (coming up this season). Shaw's speed, i'd do bunt drills all day with him. IF Weisbord comes back (???).  Bret, Bordelon and Broussard (who is coming off injury) are standouts for underclassmen.  All 3 have live, LH bats.  I'd buy some of those anywhere.  Those 3 IMO I would pull up for tournament play for experience.  All these kids are team players and bashing a kid's ability is someone who has ulterior motive IMO.

This is just to mention a few players....not offending anyone not mentioned above.  Ned is loaded and ready, just need "it" in the clutch.  I know there is someone out there to count on,just gotta find it.
[/quote]

I hope you don't think I was bashing anyone in that post.  I think they will be fine with the experienced seniors and some of the talented younger kids coming up this season. 

Bulldogbacker,sorry that I misunderstood your meaning. I do apologize.I hope the Dogs prove 11 bchill wrong this year.IMO there will be good talent on the field, bench and underclassmen teams.Keeping good team chemistry will be a challenge!If the Dogs can play with real enthusiasm and not the" fake stuff" the sky is the limit for the Dogs!

This is what I think.....Woods,Stampley,Rains,Barrow,Feltman,Shaw,Sampere....(Duplant)..This is one bad a$$ roster to start with...The first seven guys need to step up and be leaders ...I see the dogs taking district....Some good underclassmen comeing up....Looking forward to watching these young men and hanging with some old friends....Last year looking in with no son on this team I felt that leadership was missing....I believe these front seven have matured a great deal and are up for the task...Look at the names you think these young men know how to win ;)....Scapegoat & Roughrider I need to get with Woods & Stampley & Carson...I will be working Trevin out next week if they want to take a lil fungo ;)

[quote name="11cbhill" post="1359698" timestamp="1356842346"]
Beating BH this year, not going to happen, sorry.  I just don't see neederland doing anything remotely better this season after losing Brown. Good Luck with all of that!
[/quote]

Losing Brown does hurt, but we have Duplant back this year. He is just as good if not a better overall player than Brown. Solid JV guys coming up for depth and pitching. BH and Ned would be fun to watch.

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1359384" timestamp="1356782595"]
This is what I think.....Woods,Stampley,Rains,Barrow,Feltman,Shaw,Sampere....(Duplant)..This is one bad a$$ roster to start with...The first seven guys need to step up and be leaders ...I see the dogs taking district....Some good underclassmen comeing up....Looking forward to watching these young men and hanging with some old friends....Last year looking in with no son on this team I felt that leadership was missing....I believe these front seven have matured a great deal and are up for the task...Look at the names you think these young men know how to win ;)....Scapegoat & Roughrider I need to get with Woods & Stampley & Carson...I will be working Trevin out next week if they want to take a lil fungo ;)
[/quote]

Just let me know Bubba.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="ram0524" post="1359858" timestamp="1356903032"]
[quote author=11cbhill link=topic=105768.msg1359698#msg1359698 date=1356842346]
Beating BH this year, not going to happen, sorry.  I just don't see neederland doing anything remotely better this season after losing Brown. Good Luck with all of that!
[/quote]

Losing Brown does hurt, but we have Duplant back this year. He is just as good if not a better overall player than Brown. Solid JV guys coming up for depth and pitching. BH and Ned would be fun to watch.
[/quote]

8)