Nederland baseball

dogbite

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1321401" timestamp="1352204071"]
[quote author=PhatMack19 link=topic=105768.msg1320866#msg1320866 date=1352143926]
Duplant and Feltman are back.  They look ready to make another run at the district title.
[/quote]

I thought Feltman moved?
[/quote]

He did for about a week.  He's back now.

[quote name="XDOG" post="1321155" timestamp="1352160823"]
Mack who will be in the roration besides Duplant. Been hearing great things about Nevela.
[/quote]

Nevala, Sanderson, Raines, White, Stampley and I'm sure I forgot some...........Nederland has plenty of arms this year. 

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="shell005m" post="1343404" timestamp="1354037548"]
Just wondering what is so great about Duplant? I have heard his name for a few yrs. So why did he not play last yr? Is he the guy that moved and played in Vidor on the JV team?
[/quote]
He got kicked off the team last year because of off the field issues. And didn't he win district mvp as a sophomore?

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1321960" timestamp="1352233871"]
[quote author=XDOG link=topic=105768.msg1321155#msg1321155 date=1352160823]
Mack who will be in the roration besides Duplant. Been hearing great things about Nevela.
[/quote]

Nevala, Sanderson, Raines, White, Stampley and I'm sure I forgot some...........Nederland has plenty of arms this year.
[/quote]

Sanderson and Duplant, White, for sure.  Stampley and Raines always can come in.
Hernandez is a flame thrower, could see him relief, strikeout type pitcher.
if Ramoine comes back healthy, I could see him being #2,  Kid can pitch, great velocity, great control.

and several others, of course.

Dogs will have a tough PNG team, Vidor looks good as well in 20 4A.  And never count out LCM.

I must be missing something with PNG but this group of Juniors and Seniors have always handled PNG pretty easily. Dogs1987, I believe you are underestimating Nederland this year. I don't see where PNG will be strong at all. Their ace pitcher give up 9hrs in 30 innings pitched last yr and this group has handled him and LeDoux very well in the past couple of years. PNG's bats will be pretty weak this year.

[quote name="IronMike" post="1348182" timestamp="1354544846"]
I must be missing something with PNG but this group of Juniors and Seniors have always handled PNG pretty easily. Dogs1987, I believe you are underestimating Nederland this year. I don't see where PNG will be strong at all. Their ace pitcher give up 9hrs in 30 innings pitched last yr and this group has handled him and LeDoux very well in the past couple of years. PNG's bats will be pretty weak this year.
[/quote]

We had trouble with PNG last year as I recall, remember?

[quote name="purplehorn" post="1348293" timestamp="1354556267"]
[b]Ashworth has only pitched 1 inn. against Ned[/b], . You faced LeDoux twice and your 1-1. I dont know if i would call that "handled very well"
[/quote]

Saw the game last year at the Reservation, great game. The bomb Brown hit off Ashworth was easily one of the longest BBCOR homers I ever saw! It was ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED!!!

These 2 teams play each other tough every game, fun to watch.

Rake1

Last years JV and when they were Freshman has never beaten Nederland. Now whatever happened 2 ago is past tense and some the big hitters in that PNG lineup has now graduated. If I remember right it was Hanks and Sperl who were the big hitters in that lineup. Sorry but they have now graduated. Name the guys that are going to be swinging the big sticks for PNG. The best player's will be Saatzer, Foster, and Clark. I just dont see them finishing any better than 3rd or 4th. They lost a lot of talent.

One kid to keep an eye on is Soph. Colby Price for Ned. He's not the strongest or fastest but he has a beautiful swing and hits the ball hard every time. Robbins may bring him up to pinch hit or just to get experience in tourneys. The JV and Soph team will be strong again this year as well.