Nederland baseball

dogbite

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1364328" timestamp="1358417122"]
Will the Nederland A.D sign the paper .. Does it matter that it is a differnt district ..IMO..Dup may be sitting out another year ...Not a good thing when UIL board members know you by your first name..
[/quote]

Hate to hear this.....Was looking forward to seeing Duplant back on the field.....Nederland will sure miss him in their lineup.....Hope he gets to play somewhere his Senior year....

Enrolled Tuesday, signed scholarship papers Tuesday night to play baseball at Weatherfod College. Dont see how the coach could stop him. He moved back in with his mother, established residency, and already signed his scholarship. No way UIL doesnt let him play... Ineligable for 2 weeks once residency is established, plus he played JV last year. Why would you not sign the paper?

[quote name="rounder17" post="1364616" timestamp="1358478328"]
[quote author=IronMike link=topic=105768.msg1364476#msg1364476 date=1358451572]
Yes, he does have to be released regardless if it is a different district. If Nederland does not sign his release he will be out again.
[/quote]

If Nederland doesn't sign his release, it's chicken$&@#
[/quote]

We did not sign him to play in Vidor last year. Robbins knows to well to let this kid play anywhere else but NED. Robbins doesn't let a kid who has messed up so many times and keep letting him back in for no reason. He doesn't like losing the best player in the Area.

[quote name="ram0524" post="1364623" timestamp="1358482757"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=105768.msg1364616#msg1364616 date=1358478328]
Yes, he does have to be released regardless if it is a different district. If Nederland does not sign his release he will be out again.
[/quote]

[/quote]

We did not sign him to play in Vidor last year. Robbins knows to well to let this kid play anywhere else but NED. Robbins doesn't let a kid who has messed up so many times and keep letting him back in for no reason. He doesn't like losing the best player in the Area.
[/quote]Big Larry does the signing not Cody....

[quote name="ram0524" post="1364623" timestamp="1358482757"]
[quote author=rounder17 link=topic=105768.msg1364616#msg1364616 date=1358478328]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What do you mean "Robbins knows to well to let this kid play anywhere else but NED"? Who is he to decide the future of a young man? If so, I think that says a lot about what kind of man he is. Sounds like he may be bitter. 

Rounder the shot about Robbins as a man is way below the belt IMO.I do not think you know how much Robbins tried to help the kid.He caught a lot of heat from some for giving him so many chances to clean up his act.I know he still hopes the best for Dylan but it is not going to happen in Nederland.Sometimes you have to cut a man loose!

[quote name="scapegoat" post="1364737" timestamp="1358534744"]
Rounder the shot about Robbins as a man is way below the belt IMO.I do not think you know how much Robbins tried to help the kid.He caught a lot of heat from some for giving him so many chances to clean up his act.I know he still hopes the best for Dylan but it is not going to happen in Nederland.Sometimes you have to cut a man loose!
[/quote]

I'm not saying that's the kind of man he is. I'm saying if he wouldn't sign a release because of the reasons stated. What do you mean Nederland had some investment in him. He is a high school kid, that happens to be a great athlete. He doesn't owe Nederland a thing.

I am sure Dylan will not find a baseball coach and community that is more forgiving than Nederland.One family took a gamble that most people would not dream of to help the kid turn his life around.So forgive me for feeling like he owes Ned.gratitude.As for as investment,it would not be fair to compete against someone who you made a little bit better than he was when he came to your program.He knows most of Nederlands hitters strengths and weaknesses.He also knows the teams tendencies and game plans.It would not be right to pass that information to a team in the same district as Nederland.It would sure make it easy for him to pitch against Ned.I hope Dylan lands on his feet and has a great story to tell later in his life of how he turned things around.Good Luck and Lets Play Ball! 

:) Well said Scapegoat.... I don't know the guy, but I have heard a thing or two about him. And I agree, wish nothing but the best for this guy.  I personally didn't really care about hearing how this young man would carry our team. I have been around baseball for a while and theres always been 9 men on the field not just one....  As for now, I am counting the days down for next Friday!!!!