Nederland beats Vidor in 20-4A showdown

AggiesAreWe

As a Nederland fan this was an extremely disappointing game. The win is good, but to struggle with Vidor who was a "good" team but far from elite says the Dogs are just "good" too. Vidor was a 2-3 deep team at best. I thought this was the year for the Dogs... It should be a good year but it looks like that elusive state contender is still something to hope for in years to come. :/

[quote name="Michael" post="1286402" timestamp="1348943320"]
As a Nederland fan this was an extremely disappointing game. The win is good, but to struggle with Vidor who was a "good" team but far from elite says the Dogs are just "good" too. Vidor was a 2-3 deep team at best. I thought this was the year for the Dogs... It should be a good year but it looks like that elusive state contender is still something to hope for in years to come. :/
[/quote]

What do you want? 90 to nothing every game? We went into a very fired up Vidor stadium and we won with a O line that was missing a few starters. We have a defense that didn't give Vidor anything, everything they got they earned the hard way. This team proved that it could go toe to toe with #3 in the state, get out of the fantasy and join the real world! The Dogs will be fine!

[quote name="Michael" post="1286402" timestamp="1348943320"]
[/quote]What were you expecting? Both of these teams went 3 rounds deep last year and both teams are than they were last year IMO. I would be willing to bet that these are 2 of the top 10 defenses in the region. Both teams struggled at times on offense but that's to be expected when you play against good defense.  Why would you think that Ned would or should blow Vidor out when both of these teams had the majority of there starters returning from last season?

Unless you have been following more than Vidor or (place your home team here) for the last 15 years I wouldn't expect you to understand. I know what I know, and again although I glad the Digs won, the fact that it was a close game against an average team, this year especially, was a disappointment. I know what state
Champs look like, neither looked even close
For this point in the season. :)

I know it's not a popular pov, but it doesn't change the fact. This Bulldog team has the size, speed, talent and experience to at least make it To a title game,,, or at least I thought so. I'm not giving up, just frustrated because all due respect to Vidor, a real contenders gonna destroy a small one dimensional team..

Mike, let's be fair here, Nederland played NOWHERE near it's best game, dude it's GAME 4... GAME 4 of the year, we're not even half way through this thing.  Neumann would be the first to tell you, yep got out of there with a win, but didn't play the polished football he's looking for.  WHEN, Nederland does, and I'm telling you it's gonna happen and you don't want to peak too early, Nederland will be there as one of the favorites for the Regional Championship.  Dude, have you watched Nederland's football teams under Neumann... few programs in the state get better as the season goes on like Neumann's teams.  His seasons are like giving birth, this is going to take some time to get that pretty thing out, it's not a fireworks show that fires high, explodes and falls to the ground.  Did you open your presents on Christmas Eve... be patient, and watch what this thing turns out.  I think your comments are about as out in left field this early in the year as I've ever read.

Let's face it, I understand the sentiment Mike, but let's look at it objectively. I agree, Ned on paper should've beat Vidor by at least two scores. But paper doesn't always matter. We went in to a fired up Vidor stadium against a group of talented kids, many of which played in the Ned game last year, who wanted nothing more than sweet revenge. Nederland's got the size and speed advantage over every team in district. But that doesn't always win you games. We did good to get out of there with a win last night. Our play-calling was atrocious for much of the night. It wasn't pretty but it's a W. Look at how many top ten teams have fallen so far this year and we are only in week 4! Many of these teams have fallen to unranked teams. Nederland is going to be fine. We were not the underdog last night and it showed. Vidor had nothing to lose. We did. When you're at the top of the mountain, it's harder to be satisfied.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1286823" timestamp="1348968951"]
I saw Neumann smile for the [b]first time ever [/b] in the postgame interview, i guess he was happy with the win.  :D
[/quote]

Oh he smiles a lot. Maybe not on camera or during games, but he always has a good-hearted spirit. He is sometimes like a little kid and all giddy, especially when he is excited about something.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1286846" timestamp="1348970273"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103881.msg1286823#msg1286823 date=1348968951]
I saw Neumann smile for the [b]first time ever [/b] in the postgame interview, i guess he was happy with the win.  :D
[/quote]

Oh he smiles a lot. Maybe not on camera or during games, but he always has a good-hearted spirit. He is sometimes like a little kid and all giddy, especially when he is excited about something.
[/quote]i thought he was like Saban lol

GoDogs,
I guess I am just expecting a lot of this team. They have probably the most balanced team and the most skilled team I have ever seen in Nederland on both sides of the ball. All the key components are there to be a really truly dominant team in the state This year. I didn't want to go after the play calling because I'm trying to assume good intentions, but I thought it was play calling out of fear,,, playing flat out not to lose.... And it showed.... Just like in anything
sports excessive caution and fear result in injury and loss. I'm tired of see coaching scared. This team is awesome, trust them and turn them loose!. Stop being nice and screwing around with mediocre teams like Vidor. Open up that playbook put the hammer down and start running over these teams and playing like you are going to win a championship this year. Vidor was no better than Goose creek, but we played them scared (too careful) and it almost
Cost them a pointless loss. They'll be fine? Forget that. Go for it
Coaches, the worst thing that can happen is you lose a district game. But if you do youre not that good anyway. Pull outthe stops and start crushing teams and lets win it all this year.

[quote name="Michael" post="1287337" timestamp="1349038048"]
GoDogs,
I guess I am just expecting a lot of this team. They have probably the most balanced team and the most skilled team I have ever seen in Nederland on both sides of the ball. All the key components are there to be a really truly dominant team in the state This year. I didn't want to go after the play calling because I'm trying to assume good intentions, but I thought it was play calling out of fear,,, playing flat out not to lose.... And it showed.... Just like in anything
sports excessive caution and fear result in injury and loss. I'm tired of see coaching scared. This team is awesome, trust them and turn them loose!. Stop being nice and screwing around with mediocre teams like Vidor. Open up that playbook put the hammer down and start running over these teams and playing like you are going to win a championship this year. Vidor was no better than Goose creek, but we played them scared (too careful) and it almost
Coaches, the worst thing that can happen is you lose a district game. But if you do youre not that good anyway. Pull outthe stops and start crushing teams and lets win it all this year.
[/quote]
Smh guy. Vidor went just as deep as yall last year and we aren't some team you just run over. Goose creek?? Really? Why don't you pull your hand out of your arse and realize that you beat a very good team and congratulate your team.  ::)

lol. 3 deep,,, woohoo. We've gone 3 deep too many times in Neumanns career. 3 deep is an okay year for Nederland. He's a great coach, I love the guy as our coach.  He and this team are better than 3 deep this year. Stop playing like a 3 deep team and start playing like state champs. This is the year, time to start thinking and playing like it. I predict Vidor 2 deep, Bulldogs State Finalist and possibly state champs 2012. Go get Dogs, this is the team to make it happen. Bye bye Vidorville, hello state finals. :)

[quote name="Michael" post="1287366" timestamp="1349040999"]
lol. 3 deep,,, woohoo. We've gone 3 deep too many times in Neumanns career. 3 deep is an okay year for Nederland. He's a great coach, I love the guy as our coach.  He and this team are better than 3 deep this year. Stop playing like a 3 deep team and start playing like state champs. This is the year, time to start thinking and playing like it. I predict Vidor 2 deep, Bulldogs State Finalist and possibly state champs 2012. Go get Dogs, this is the team to make it happen. Bye bye Vidorville, hello state finals. :)
[/quote]
Lol 2 deep? Okay man. Whatever you say.

Well a lot remains to be seen from Nederland. I know this is the most complete team I have ever seen. I do agree, this is the year to make a run at a state title, but let's not put the cart before the horse here. This team has to be peaking at the right time, staying healthy, and getting better offensively every week. There are lots of variables at play. As for Vidor, I disagree with your two rounds philosophy. Vidor is either going to be one and done, or they will go probably at least three rounds deep.

[quote name="Michael" post="1287366" timestamp="1349040999"]
[/quote]

Your prediction on Vidor may or may not be right I won't argue that point, and I'm all for the Bulldogs setting their sights on a state championship.  Don't count your chickens before they've hatched....you may be very disappointed.

Michael, I don't usually agree with your assessments, but I see your point with the offense. They are just not very consistent and seem to rely on big plays. I don't want to get into specifics but we need to put people away and stop jacking around, it's very frustrating, I'll leave it at that.

[quote name="Michael" post="1287337" timestamp="1349038048"]
GoDogs,
[/quote]
Would you rather be the 17-1 patriots and sit home and watch the superbowl or be the 13-6 giants and win the superbowl? Every game has its challenges...

[quote name="football04" post="1287568" timestamp="1349057235"]
Michael, I don't usually agree with your assessments, but I see your point with the offense. They are just not very consistent and seem to rely on big plays. I don't want to get into specifics but we need to put people away and stop jacking around, it's very frustrating, I'll leave it at that.
[/quote]

Lol have you guys been watching the same ones I have? We put away Crosby and Goose Creek pretty handily, we went blow for blow against one of the best teams in the state in Angleton after overcoming four first quarter turnovers and were a two point conversion away from a potential win, and beat a very good Vidor team on the road in a hostile environment. In each of those games, we put together long, solid drives. I dont get it? You can't beat everyone 56-0.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder