Jasper @ WOS predictions

rykerx144

Who wins?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• WO-S
    • Jasper

[quote name="One4All" post="1276224" timestamp="1348089218"]
[quote author=Hupernikomen link=topic=103208.msg1276124#msg1276124 date=1348081849]
Not much left to be said here..clock just needs to keep on ticking.  Going to be a packed house and a great game to watch.  Hope the weather isn't a factor.
[/quote]

weather will not be a factor
[/quote]
good!  then, no excuses after the game, either side!  :)

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jasper is no doubt very good on offense but dont get caught up in these lofty numbers.  The defense this week will be from another planet from what they've seen thus far.  Liberty defense allowing 48 ppg, Orangefield 43 ppg, Kville 32 ppg.  This will not be the case Friday night.  Will allow that this will be the best offense WO-S has seen this year but when you're allowing 4 points per game you've got some room.  WO-S offense will have to show up and the penalties and fumbles will not work against the 'Dogs.  Good luck.

It is so true about the WOS defense.  That is why I am so excited to see Jasper playing WOS right now so that Jasper can get a better read on how good they are and can be.  You cannot get a good read from scoring on average 25 points per game in the first quarter as they have been doing.  Once you do that, the game is effectively over in most cases and the team can get a little sloppy.  That will not be the case on Friday night.  No way Jasper is going to score 25 points in the first quarter!

I keep reading that WOS has no offense. Over 333 and 352 yds first two games, only 182 against Central , that's still avg 5.4 yds per play. Turnovers, WOS is plus 1 for 3 games. Average drive start for WOS is their own 41 while the opps have started on their own 31. All of this against three 4a teams. Funny how people can only remember the last half of the last game and think that is how a team has played all year. Just sayin

the mustangs are in trouble IMO becouse no -----offense i hate saying this but its true i hope thay make a lier out of me.this game will be a true test for the kids from wo-s.i can remember back when wo-s had the best defense in the state and came up agnest gilmer i belive it was them  it was a long ride home for the kids from wo-s so in closeing find a offense coach T

WOS has 3 guys in the secondary with D-1 Offers, Two of the are already commited to D-1 schools in Quentin Tezeno (Utep) he's probably the fastest guy on the tam and a dynamic punt returner. Travon Blanchard (Baylor) he is a big body in thee secondary he can come down and make tackles and he can run with wideouts. But I really like J'Marcus Rhodes 6'2 185 Cornerback, (offers from Mcneese State, SFA, Lamar) he has commited yet because he is waiting on some bigger schools to offer and if he keeps playing the way he has they will come. Kid is a big play waiting to happen..

But since I'm at it I might as well talk about the entire Mustang Defense.. First of all the mustang D by my count has 17 sacks on the season which is crazy! Their seniors on D-Line Caleb Franklin and Jahylen Monnett Get after the QB. The Linebackers Daniel Woodson and Joe Lynch are three year starters who play the game with speed and passion (the mustang way) Rover Colin Janice (offers from Mcneese,Lamar and North Texas) Plays the game fast and with no fear he will hit you plain and simple.

I'm ready for some mustang football!

[quote name="FootballCrazy1990" post="1276526" timestamp="1348146114"]
Why people think the stangs' don't have any type  offense? After all you better watch tape or something cause they got a different running back every drive so don't think Jasper is the only one with more than one because WOS have a good 5 not including Salter
[/quote]

The Stangs have an offense,they just shoot themselfs in the foot a lot.I think the qb hesitates to long when he decides to run letting the defense adjust.They are having a lot of penalties and turn overs. When they correct these they will be a lot better but they aren't there yet.It's good to have depth at RB but I haven't seen that great back they seem to always have. But that can be a good thing.For those that might remember when we played Pairs in the State game,they had 4 or 5 running backs they used( all had only 300 to 400 yrds each ) and they killed us on those sweeps.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin