1. 1. Who wins?

• WO-S
    • Jasper

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Jasper95" post="1275250" timestamp="1347992389"]
Jasper has 3 to 4 RB that r beast that coach Barbay subs in so to keep a fresh pair of legs in the game not only that you have that nasty O blocking and if the cant cover #1 on the outside we got a gooood shot to win
[/quote]

Lol ..., I love the hype!!.....WOS get the best out of everyone they play but late late Friday night or  Saturday morning, , you can't find anyone on here that posted about what their thing was going to do...

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1275216" timestamp="1347990232"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=103208.msg1275211#msg1275211 date=1347989900]
[quote author=Jasper95 link=topic=103208.msg1275131#msg1275131 date=1347984334]
I like the fact that no one is giving jasper a chance just like they did in 04 when wos was ranked 1 in state and jasper went and got that W in west orange
[/quote]

Not quite the same.I think Jasper was ranked right behind WO-S at the time..both were loaded.I think WO-S will have to pull a Dallas for Jasper to win.
[/quote]

Lord, not a dallas!!!!! No disrespect, TD.
[/quote]

they are the same color... :o

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1275290" timestamp="1347995199"]
As of now the voting is 2-1 wos over jasper...[b]and the vidor thread has 12 pages.[/b].
[/quote]

That thread getting to 15 pages was inevitable. I mean the game is not until Friday the 28th, not this Friday. Making the thread two weeks in advance pretty much assured the thread would reach 15 pages. ::)

wosquote author=Jasper95 link=topic=103208.msg1275131#msg1275131 date=1347984334]
I like the fact that no one is giving jasper a chance just like they did in 04 when wos was ranked 1 in state and jasper went and got that W in west orange
[/quote]

To be honest, I really don't think it's we're not giving Jasper a chance I believe it has alot to do with the way the WOS defense is playing. If you haven't seen them play you're in for a treat. Every week I look at the opposing team and say to myself, "Man...we are under-sized."and then the defense amazes me every week. They are that special.

I do not know anything about these teams.  Question, how do the three 4a teams that WO-S defeated compare to the two 4a teams that Jasper dominated in their scrimmages?  The two 4a teams might not have been world beaters.  Just do not know.  But for a fact, Jasper did dominate them in their scrimmages.  As I understand it, Marshall was in the 4a playoffs last year; so there possibly is at least some ability there.  Nacogdoches, who knows about them?  But for a fact, Jasper outscored them 14-0 in one live quarter.  So were the WOS 4a teams all that superior to the 4a exposure that Jasper has had?  Point is, Jasper has out-played everyone they have been on the field with this year, not just the 3a teams.  Again, just looking forward to Jasper once again being on the same field with WO-S!

i will be upfront with the jasper faithfull, jasper is a very good football team thay  know all about the mustangs D i feel sure the kids read all about them on here .now on the other hand the coaching staff at wo-s know jasper is a big play  team and have put up some big points on the scoreboard so far and not looking to stop the presser is on the mustangs agan friday night belive me.the jasper coaching staff might have played the kids at wo-s at the right time becouse  the mustangs are haveing a tuff go finding there O

[quote name="j_dog" post="1275434" timestamp="1348004855"]
I do not know anything about these teams.  Question, how do the three 4a teams that WO-S defeated compare to the two 4a teams that Jasper dominated in their scrimmages?  The two 4a teams might not have been world beaters.  Just do not know.  But for a fact, Jasper did dominate them in their scrimmages.  As I understand it, Marshall was in the 4a playoffs last year; so there possibly is at least some ability there.  Nacogdoches, who knows about them?  But for a fact, Jasper outscored them 14-0 in one live quarter.  So were the WOS 4a teams all that superior to the 4a exposure that Jasper has had?  Point is, Jasper has out-played everyone they have been on the field with this year, not just the 3a teams.  Again, just looking forward to Jasper once again being on the same field with WO-S!
[/quote]

I understand the point that you're trying to make. But you can't read too much into a scrimmage. However, with that being said, I doubt very seriously if Jasper would dominate Nederland and Vidor. Those are the teams WOS scrimmaged.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1275434" timestamp="1348004855"]
[/quote]

So far, Marshall is 0-3 this season and have been outscored 133-28 in those 3 games.  Nacogdoches is 0-2 this year having been outscored 71-21.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1275471" timestamp="1348007636"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=103208.msg1275434#msg1275434 date=1348004855]
[/quote]

So far, Marshall is 0-3 this season and have been outscored 133-28 in those 3 games.  Nacogdoches is 0-2 this year having been outscored 71-21.
[/quote]

But none of that is of any import, Friday night's game is the toughest regular season test that both teams have faced so far.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1275471" timestamp="1348007636"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=103208.msg1275434#msg1275434 date=1348004855]
[/quote]

[/quote]

WO-S has beaten 3 teams that haven't done so well this year either.  This is the first true test for either team.  I think Central played WO-S closer than that game should have been.

I agree scrimmages mean very little. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LocknLoad" post="1275850" timestamp="1348064513"]
DAWGS- 31

WOS- 14
[/quote]

A 17 point margin?  Man, you are delusional!  Given that any team with a "Barbay" coach has a chance of winning, you are playing West Orange - Stark.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1275870" timestamp="1348065636"]
[quote author=LocknLoad link=topic=103208.msg1275850#msg1275850 date=1348064513]
DAWGS- 31

WOS- 14
[/quote]

A 17 point margin?  Man, you are delusional!  Given that any team with a "Barbay" coach has a chance of winning, you are playing West Orange - Stark.
[/quote]

So what....we have played wos many times in the past..just because silsbee hasnt had much success against them..we're not silsbee..

I believe Coach Barbay is doing wonders in Jasper and is proving to be a fantastic coach that will turn the Jasper program around for the better. With that being said I am very much impressed with Walker as the QB. The Jasper offense will have their hands full with a good WOS defense. I believe this will be a fantastic game that WOS will pull out. 28-20 in favor of WOS

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder