Jasper @ WOS predictions

rykerx144

Who wins?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• WO-S
    • Jasper

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1277696" timestamp="1348257360"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=103208.msg1277649#msg1277649 date=1348254463]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=103208.msg1277645#msg1277645 date=1348254325]
[b]Mustangs Win Big![/b] Jasper gets a max of 14 points if that! [b]And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is..[/b]
[/quote]

Describe "big" as in how bad WO-S will beat Jasper and we might can do some business. ;)

Let's just say I'm willing to give whoever wants to bet a 10 point Jasper lead on th spread. And WOS will still be the winner, for those who don't know what the spread is (whatever Jasper has at the end of the 4th quarter add 10 points to it and if Jasper would win with those added 10 points I owe you whatever we bet, if the points don't help Jasper and WOS would still be the winner then you owe me)..
[/quote]
[/quote]

So you are giving 10 points, simply WO-S -10. In high school football, an 11 point win is not a "big" win, in terms of a number goes. Big win for the team because you have beaten a very good, quality team, yes. That would be the case even if you won by less than 10. But I take it your are speaking of "blowout", "dominating" and so on when you use the term "Mustangs win Big!!".

You make it "big" like let's say 17-20, and we have a bet. Name your price.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1277660" timestamp="1348255030"]
[quote author=Jasper95 link=topic=103208.msg1277562#msg1277562 date=1348248955]
This game has a playoff feel to it i like it ;D LET'S GO DOGS!!!!!!
[/quote]

Don't let the young ones fool you 95.WO-S fans always get up for Jasper even if the game means nothing more than bragging rights.
[/quote]Always a Great game?

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1278681" timestamp="1348286126"]
If he gave him Jasper and 10 then the WOS kid lost. We would have had to win by 11.
[/quote]
I hope he bet the $200 then.  ;)  Just kidding.

I thought the wild predictions on both sides were kind of unrealistic knowing the history of how these two teams play. 

The thing that surprised me was Jasper's scoring late, rather than early.  I read where Coach Thompson was counting on Jasper being tired toward the end of the fourth quarter and WO-S winning the game then.  Of course it did not play out that way.  Did WO-S put in reserves at the end; or could it have been WO-S getting worn down?  It seemed to me that Jasper got most of its yards in the second half.  I guess that Jasper had gotten better used to WO-S speed and made some adjustments?

[quote name="j_dog" post="1278701" timestamp="1348286965"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=103208.msg1278681#msg1278681 date=1348286126]
If he gave him Jasper and 10 then the WOS kid lost. We would have had to win by 11.
[/quote]
I hope he bet the $200 then.  ;)  Just kidding.

I thought the wild predictions on both sides were kind of unrealistic knowing the history of how these two teams play. 

The thing that surprised me was Jasper's scoring late, rather than early.  I read where Coach Thompson was counting on Jasper being tired toward the end of the fourth quarter and WO-S winning the game then.  Of course it did not play out that way.  Did WO-S put in reserves at the end; or could it have been WO-S getting worn down?  It seemed to me that Jasper got most of its yards in the second half.  I guess that Jasper had gotten better used to WO-S speed and made some adjustments?
[/quote]

Jasper's defensive coaching staff has been outstanding at halftime all season long. They don't give up much after that...

[quote name="tam0003" post="1278717" timestamp="1348287684"]
Wos had about five penalties on that drive and Jasper fell on their own fumble in the end zone. Wos wasn't worn down and nothing great by Jasper. Undiciplined on defense by Wos and a fluke play caused that TD.
[/quote]

Wow you can't give a team that held you to 17 points any credit?  The gift wrapped one of those scores with a red zone turnover.  Win with a little class.

Jasper showed no class on this site all week so take your lumps and eat your crow. Wos killed there on drives with penalties. Jasper fought all the way through. That's the best I can say about them. When a team show some class and respect before the game, they will get it back.

[quote name="tam0003" post="1278749" timestamp="1348288957"]
Jasper showed no class on this site all week so take your lumps and eat your crow. Wos killed there on drives with penalties. Jasper fought all the way through. That's the best I can say about them. When a team show some class and respect before the game, they will get it back.
[/quote]
Most of the posters from both sides had healthy exchanges. Sure every school has a couple nitwits.  Don't be one of your teams.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Gasilla" post="1278681" timestamp="1348286126"]
[/quote]

Wouldn't Jasper and 10 be a push?  WO-S had an actual 17 points vs. Jasper 7 + 10 = a theoretical 17 points.  A break even final position.

[/quote]
True, some Jasper fans may have been overly exuberant, but certainly no more so than some WO-S fans.  And not all the "pro Jasper" posts were from folks with any apparent connection whatsoever to Jasper; just as was probably to case for WO-S.  Jasper fans who were not there were just asking honest questions to gauge how to interpret the implications for their future games.  And Jasper did not have drives killed by penalties?  Peddle that story somewhere else.

I am hereby eating my crow for picking Jasper to win by one I think it was.  Now, let's see if all those posters that said WO-S was going to blow Jasper out of the stadium come by for theirs.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1278769" timestamp="1348289841"]
[quote author=tam0003 link=topic=103208.msg1278749#msg1278749 date=1348288957]
[/quote]
True, some Jasper fans may have been overly exuberant, but certainly no more so than some WO-S fans.  And not all the "pro Jasper" posts were from folks with any apparent connection whatsoever to Jasper; just as was probably to case for WO-S.  Jasper fans who were not there were just asking honest questions to gauge how to interpret the implications for their future games.  And Jasper did not have drives killed by penalties?  Peddle that story somewhere else.

I am hereby eating my crow for picking Jasper to win by one I think it was.  Now, let's see if all those posters that said WO-S was going to blow Jasper out of the stadium come by for theirs.
[/quote]

Funny. I just posted basically the same thing on the game thread. I don't think we would have been that bitter if we would have won. It's pointless.

[quote name="XDOG" post="1277340" timestamp="1348216966"]
I cant believe Jasper is even entertaining the idea. Especially @ WOS. Playing them is bad enough, but at home, .........Brutal
[/quote]

I told ya . IIIIIIIIIIII told ya. But nobody listens to me nooooooo. ;D

[/quote]

I'll amen that... ;) :D

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1278766" timestamp="1348289679"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=103208.msg1278681#msg1278681 date=1348286126]
[/quote]

Wouldn't Jasper and 10 be a push?  WO-S had an actual 17 points vs. Jasper 7 + 10 = a theoretical 17 points.  A break even final position.
[/quote]

It is a push.  He would have to had to give 10.5+ in order to lose and 9.5- in order to win.  Since it is with individuals no one would win.  Had it been a bookee, a push is his dream.....he collects the juice from both sides and doesn't pay anything.

[quote name="skipper" post="1278940" timestamp="1348324839"]
:ostill trying to figer this one out,ok now west orange driveing very late in the 4th QT 4 down and a eye lash for a first.the mustangs had the ball somewhere on jaspers40 yard line dont hold me to the 40 lol mustangs punt jasper goes on to score . ( where is beasleyfor wo-s)
[/quote]

Was trying to preserve the shutout, I guess, by trying to pin the Dogs deep.  I was puzzled that Jasper punted twice from inside of the 40 instead of going for it.  Seems both teams were more concerned with not being score on in these instances than trying to score themselves.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder