Jasper @ WOS predictions

rykerx144

Who wins?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• WO-S
    • Jasper

Ok, I don't know about anyone else, but I am sick of hearing the same old broken record.  WOS, we know your team has many d1 recruits. Too bad you you can't even get out of the region with that college team. All that does is just makes ya'll look bad when you lose or have a close game with a bad team. You are a good team no doubt, but spouting the reasons why you should win because of offers makes no sense.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gunho i agree salter is just not reading the DBs he is a good runner and could make this team click if he just would run when the DB has his back to him the OC needs to sit him down in the film room.in the lc-m game he could have had over a 100 yards rushing by himself only if he could have read the DB --------------sorry for the spelling---------JMO

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1276790" timestamp="1348162486"]
Ok, I don't know about anyone else, but I am sick of hearing the same old broken record.  WOS, we know your team has many d1 recruits. Too bad you you can't even get out of the region with that college team. All that does is just makes ya'll look bad when you lose or have a close game with a bad team. You are a good team no doubt, but spouting the reasons why you should win because of offers makes no sense.
[/quote]
what have Jasper done lately...... year  in and year out they have lots of talent, but yeah it is always the same story.....

[quote name="One4All" post="1276834" timestamp="1348165837"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=103208.msg1276790#msg1276790 date=1348162486]
[/quote]
what have Jasper done lately...... year  in and year out they have lots of talent, but yeah it is always the same story.....
[/quote]

Get your popcorn ready. ;D

[quote name="skipper" post="1276805" timestamp="1348163119"]
gunho i agree salter is just not reading the DBs he is a good runner and could make this team click if he just would run when the DB has his back to him the OC needs to sit him down in the film room.in the lc-m game he could have had over a 100 yards rushing by himself only if he could have read the DB --------------sorry for the spelling---------JMO
[/quote]

Just my opinion, but I honestly think we have been holding back some of our offense because our Defense is so good. It has been taking only a couple of scores then we tend to get conservative. Oddly enough it seems if we are wearing opposing defenses down with the running game, I think we will begin to open up the offense more and more. To me the problem is so far is most of our routes are just outs and outside curls. We have to go over the middle and occasionally deep to keep the defense honest and keep those linebackers out of the flats so much. I honestly think Salter takes a little too much heat from the homies, he stepped into an impossible situation and has handled it like a man. He's a better QB than a lot of people sometimes think.

I would buy the theory that WO-S has been holding back on offense and going conservative because they did not need the scoring.  That is vintage WO-S football.

Likewise, Jasper probably has been holding back some of its defense because they had such big leads.  As a matter of fact, it was Jasper's defense partially responsible for the AVERAGE 25 points scored per first quarter.  It would be hard to score 25 points in a quarter without some good defensive stops.  Once Jasper had the good leads they seemed to start playing conservatively offensively, plus I understand that they substituted liberally on both offense and defense in the second half as noted in the comments by WO-S Coach Thompson.

Consequently, the stats for both teams are probably somewhat misleading due to their playing different type opponents.

This is going to be a good test for both teams.  And as someone said; for Jasper it will be good preparation for playing Carthage.  :)

I'm not to sure I buy in to the holding back thing.Thing is this seems to be what takes place every year.The defense is always way ahead of the offense.After this game WO-S is going to have a string of weaker teams and start scoring a lot of points.This can give a false reading of the offense in this stretch of games until they play Silsbee.Happens every year.I don't mean to disk any team but this has to be one of the weakest districts in the state.
As for Salter.The young man did step up big time and has done a good job.I just think he could be a lot better...he has the tools for it that's for sure.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1276802" timestamp="1348163026"]
[quote author=T-Dawd link=topic=103208.msg1276799#msg1276799 date=1348162886]
Oh yea, WOS probably wins, but if they don't I will [b]poke at the d1 card pullers. Not all WOS posters.[/b]
[/quote]

I believe that case to be just one. ;)
[/quote]

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing...

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1277370" timestamp="1348232037"]
I'm not to sure I buy in to the holding back thing.Thing is this seems to be what takes place every year.The defense is always way ahead of the offense.After this game WO-S is going to have a string of weaker teams and start scoring a lot of points.This can give a false reading of the offense in this stretch of games until they play Silsbee.Happens every year.I don't mean to disk any team but this has to be one of the weakest districts in the state.
As for Salter.The young man did step up big time and has done a good job.I just think he could be a lot better...he has the tools for it that's for sure.
[/quote]Salter is a good one but what makes a good qb a great qb is decision making and that is very hard to teach. Split decisions on when to tuck it and run or to pass is sometimes the difference in the two! jmo

[quote name="77" post="1277408" timestamp="1348234486"]
[quote author=GUNHO link=topic=103208.msg1277370#msg1277370 date=1348232037]
[/quote]Salter is a good one but what makes a good qb a great qb is decision making and that is very hard to teach. Split decisions on when to tuck it and run or to pass is sometimes the difference in the two! jmo
[/quote]

I agree 77.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1277649" timestamp="1348254463"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=103208.msg1277645#msg1277645 date=1348254325]
[b]Mustangs Win Big![/b] Jasper gets a max of 14 points if that! [b]And I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is..[/b]
[/quote]

Describe "big" as in how bad WO-S will beat Jasper and we might can do some business. ;)

Let's just say I'm willing to give whoever wants to bet a 10 point Jasper lead on th spread. And WOS will still be the winner, for those who don't know what the spread is (whatever Jasper has at the end of the 4th quarter add 10 points to it and if Jasper would win with those added 10 points I owe you whatever we bet, if the points don't help Jasper and WOS would still be the winner then you owe me)..
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder