162 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• WO-S
    • Jasper

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jasper tries to get in a shootout with Wos they will get blown out. You will not big play this defense. Jasper's best bet is to try and make it a low scoring game and get some kind of points each time they have the ball. Getting in a shootout will cause them a lot of 3 and outs and keep their defense on the field. You will wear out before halftime.

Central tried to speed the game up and you saw their players grabbing their waste before the half was over. Wos is too fast and too athletic. I think their is a misconception out there that Wos offense can't score. They lived in each of these teams redzone in each game. They are still a little undisciplined and got a lot of penalties and turnovers. (5 fumbles against Central) bumping into their own players and coughing up the ball.

They have big play ability, if they don't get the penalties, they score. I know anything can happen, but Playing the teams Jasper has played has not prepared them for the defense they will face Friday night. Wos have had defenses that bend but don't break. We haven't really seen this defense bend this year.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1274384" timestamp="1347906386"]
It's never what you think its gonna be...we could be in store for a shootout..
[/quote]

You know kinda agree with the thought that Jasper-WOS games are rarely what you think they would be. Still going with my Stangs in a low scoring game though.

all i am going to say about this game the mustangs better find a offense to go along with there defense. if your a mustang fan  have seen all  the games so far i feel sure your not that pleased at what you have seen so far.i just cant understand with salter at QB and and the mustangs spred other teams out the field is wide open for salter he could run wild each night if he wanted to but its not to be.in the png game he could have run for big yards the kid is not slow at all so in closeing  find a offense in a hurry are it just might be a long night for the mustangs jasper has one just take a look at the points  the dogs put on the scoreboard

[quote name="skipper" post="1274578" timestamp="1347916695"]
all i am going to say about this game the mustangs better find a offense to go along with there defense. if your a mustang fan  have seen all  the games so far i feel sure your not that pleased at what you have seen so far.i just cant understand with salter at QB and and the mustangs spred other teams out the field is wide open for salter he could run wild each night if he wanted to but its not to be.in the png game he could have run for big yards the kid is not slow at all so in closeing  find a offense in a hurry are it just might be a long night for the mustangs jasper has one just take a look at the points  the dogs put on the scoreboard
[/quote]Offense does need to clean some things up (mainly turn overs) but they have outscored all three teams they have played and I think that will continue!

This one's a tough one to call and might be the most even matchup we've seen between these two teams in quite a while. Granted, we haven't seen a defense like WOS at all...but I can't remember the last time Jasper just came out and dominated three games like this to start a season.

The big thing I've noticed so far is that almost all of the points we've given up (13 per game) have been in the first half, which tells me that Coach Barbay and the defensive staff have done a great job with halftime adjustments. Jasper's been known to give up huge plays regardless of the coach for about the last decade and it's refreshing to see that starting to improve.

I think the biggest key to this game will be whether we can stop the Mustangs and a lot of that will depend on whether they can clean things up on offense (penalties, turnovers, etc.). It's hard to change those habits in one week. Jasper's bugaboo has been those same things for as long as I can remember, but it hasn't really shown as much as in the past.

This will be a classic Jasper/WOS game and defense wins, especially at home. The Bulldogs have gone down there and won before and I'm pulling for them, but I think the Mustangs pull out a close one, 21-20. Both teams will be much better having tested each other, too. I'm looking forward to a well-played game and success down the road for both teams. Go Dawgs!!

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1274695" timestamp="1347926432"]
With all due respect to Jasper this game wont be close. Jaspe will be lucky to score. Call me arrogant or whatever but Stangs roll in this one and possibly get another shut-out.. Jasper's opponets have been averaging 13 ppg.. WO-S has only given up 13 points all season..
[/quote]

Jasper's not bad on defense, either. 13 ppg is nothing to sneeze at, especially these days when almost everyone can score with their pretty little spread offenses (including us...lol). It's gonna be a great game.

[quote name="speveto" post="1274099" timestamp="1347889327"]
3-0,  Jasper is obviously a very good team. I just hope you Jasper fans show up for the game and dont "HIGH-TAIL" it  in the 3rd quarter like PNG did to their team. I expect to see only "PARENTS" on the Jasper side. I hope you people will prove me wrong and show up and enjoy a very good game and enjoy your "SAD" 75 mile trip back to Jasper. (thats 150 miles round trip)
[/quote]

The back way through Buna is about 30 miles less round trip.  ;)

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1274770" timestamp="1347932814"]
A lot of WOS fans have been breathing to much pollution..
Jasper WILL score.
Jasper WILL not get beat by 20+.
[/quote]
careful.  sounds like the script that we have been reading from some posters for Jasper's first three opponents.  ;D

Anything can happen in a high school game; and even though I don't think it will happen, Jasper really could get blown right off the field.  :(  or vice versa.  ;D

WOS is one of the best 3a teams in the state, expect their offense and defense to play very well. They're both good teams, just WOS is better.

MUSTANGS take it by 21 points.

WOS 35 - Jasper 14[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zs7FWZmlgCg/TKJ1SsUcwII/AAAAAAAAAKM/o3Wo-Kli8EM/s1600/Lee+corso+is+buster+bronco.jpg[/img]

[quote name="Jasper95" post="1275131" timestamp="1347984334"]
I like the fact that no one is giving jasper a chance just like they did in 04 when wos was ranked 1 in state and jasper went and got that W in west orange
[/quote]

Not quite the same.I think Jasper was ranked right behind WO-S at the time..both were loaded.I think WO-S will have to pull a Dallas for Jasper to win.

[quote name="GUNHO" post="1275211" timestamp="1347989900"]
[quote author=Jasper95 link=topic=103208.msg1275131#msg1275131 date=1347984334]
I like the fact that no one is giving jasper a chance just like they did in 04 when wos was ranked 1 in state and jasper went and got that W in west orange
[/quote]

Not quite the same.I think Jasper was ranked right behind WO-S at the time..both were loaded.I think WO-S will have to pull a Dallas for Jasper to win.
[/quote]

Lord, not a dallas!!!!! No disrespect, TD.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder