1. 1. Who wins?

• WO-S
    • Jasper

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=103208.msg1272575#msg1272575 date=1347730362]
First it was, "PNG is much bigger than WOS. They will beat them with size." Then it was, "Central has too much speed. They played Memorial and  West Brook close. They will beat the stangs." We man handled both of them. What else do we have to do to  show people this is the BEST defense in SETX?

Totally agree!!!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1272739" timestamp="1347739228"]
Ive made it pretty clear i thought wos was the better team..im just sayin i think its going to be hard for them to get up for this one and jasper will be ready and they are better than most people know at this point...jmo
[/quote]

I'm curious. What makes you think it will be hard for WOS to get up for this game?

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="wos_112%" post="1272722" timestamp="1347738330"]
[quote author=VNUPE link=topic=103208.msg1272575#msg1272575 date=1347730362]
First it was, "PNG is much bigger than WOS. They will beat them with size." Then it was, "Central has too much speed. They played Memorial and  West Brook close. They will beat the stangs." We man handled both of them. What else do we have to do to  show people this is the BEST defense in SETX?

Totally agree!!!
[/quote]

C'mon, NUPE.  You know you haven't played anybody? ;D

[quote name="c/95 Mustang" post="1272549" timestamp="1347729292"]
Jasper will not put up 45 on this DEFENSE. Sorry!!
[/quote]

very low scoring game..be surprised if either team scores more than a couple of TD's. I honestly think  Jasper will be the best team we played so far this year. We are coming off three tough games for us. Definately a trap game, Jasper has a chance, but I go with my Stangs cause I'm a homer. :)

[quote name="VNUPE" post="1272760" timestamp="1347739905"]
Lol! Ok Tiger....I partially agree with that. But according to some people, we should have lost our last 2 games....ijs
[/quote]

Thats my point..im not trying to take anything away from wos..
If id ask u to circle the easiest game for wos for the first four no doubt it would have been jasper before week zero....i agree with the previous poster..its a trap game and i think jasper is better than expected but just havent played anyone with enough credit to show it...if wos os firing on all cylinders and playing at par then its no game but dont give jasper a shot cause i agree i think they will be the toughest game so far

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="VNUPE" post="1272760" timestamp="1347739905"]
Lol! Ok Tiger....I partially agree with that. But according to some people, we should have lost our last 2 games....ijs
[/quote]

It was tongue in cheek - people don't know what WO-S has until they PLAY them.  And then, it's too late.  We know, because we have to do it every year. :)

This is game will be, with apologies to Liberty, OF and Kirbyville on the Jasper side and LC-M, PN-G and Central on the WO-S side, by far the toughest test for both teams thus far this season.  I'll have to respectfully disagree with my friend ryker that the team and coaches are foolish enough as some fans are to look past Jasper.  Do I think WO-S will win? Yes.  Do I think some sort of blowout will occur? No.  It will be, as many Jasper/WO-S games have been, uncomfortably close for fans on both sides of the field.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1272801" timestamp="1347741576"]
This is game will be, with apologies to Liberty, OF and Kirbyville on the Jasper side and LC-M, PN-G and Central on the WO-S side, by far the toughest test for both teams thus far this season.  I'll have to respectfully disagree with my friend ryker that the team and coaches are foolish enough as some fans are to look past Jasper.  Do I think WO-S will win? Yes.  Do I think some sort of blowout will occur? No.  It will be, as many Jasper/WO-S games have been, uncomfortably close for fans on both sides of the field.
[/quote]

Well stated!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1272801" timestamp="1347741576"]
[/quote]
couldn't have said it better myself.  8) 

I think Jasper fans do know how good WO-S is.  Very good indeed.  We do not yet truly know how good Jasper is this year because no one has yet really challenged them.  Friday night should reveal a lot.

[quote name="j_dog" post="1272831" timestamp="1347742824"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=103208.msg1272801#msg1272801 date=1347741576]
[/quote]

I think Jasper fans do know how good WO-S is.  Very good indeed.  We do not yet truly know how good Jasper is this year because no one has yet really challenged them.  Friday night should reveal a lot.
[/quote]

You know it is kinda refreshing to see posts from fans who truly respect the other team, not saying their team is going crush the other one. I think WO-S fans obviously think we will win but I guarantee we respect the 'Dogs for they have earned our respect on the field.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Txdragon" post="1272839" timestamp="1347743168"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=103208.msg1272831#msg1272831 date=1347742824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You know it is kinda refreshing to see posts from fans who truly respect the other team, not saying their team is going crush the other one. I think WO-S fans obviously think we will win but I guarantee we respect the 'Dogs for they have earned our respect on the field.
[/quote]

I believe that the difference MAY be with the home team, the Stangs.  I agree that us outside observers may not know what Jasper has this year.  I do know one thing - they have a coach named Barbay, who is there for the long run.  He can communicate and he can motivate.  And won't that get your high school team a long way down the line?  If I didn't have to climb those dreaded visitor stands in WO-S, that would be the game that I would see this Friday.  It will be good.

Wosgrad...i believe u have mis interpreted what i said...i never said wos was looking past jasper...i know wos woud not let that happen...my assessment was that due to the tougher schedule of wos jasper has had more time to prepare for this game..i dont think many thought jasper would be showing signs of possibly being this good this early..

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1272839" timestamp="1347743168"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=103208.msg1272831#msg1272831 date=1347742824]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Most of the outlandish predictions will come from the outsiders.  Those of us who have been watching these games for the past 20+ years knows that there is no sure thing when these two meet.  WO-S has had Jasper outgunned last several years.  Jasper will be hungry against a long time rival.  This will be great game to go and watch.  WO-S always seems to be on the verge of making a serious run a state title.  This might be their year.  They have looked good so far.  Defense has been the key when they did win their crowns.

I'm proud of the strides Jasper has made. We still have some polishing to do before we are ready to compete with the upper eschelon. But, we are on our way. If we can possibly pull out the upset, it'll be by less than a touchdown. Realistically, I think WO-S will wear us down by the 4th quarter, which is when they'll pull away and win by 2 TD's.

why don't people give WO-S what they deserve? i mean every week people tend to hate them and think they will lose. THEIR TEAM DOESN'T SUCK. these guys have the ability to compete with any team in this area and would most likely win. im sure Coach Thompson won't overlook any team and will have his guys compete. the speed on their defense is unbelievable and their offense isn't where it needs to be , but with the momentum they will keep running the ball down people's gut. it'll be a shootout at at dan.r hooks stadium friday but WO-S wins this one 28-6

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder