1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Angleton

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BigDog007" post="1268665" timestamp="1347485189"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=102781.msg1268598#msg1268598 date=1347480473]
Two more days and we'll know for sure. I can say personally tho, that after speaking with some of the players (and seeing them play every game last year and this year) that the Wildcats (and I) believe that they are already a much better team at this time than at any point during their last season playing both sides of the ball ... Time will tell.  :)
[/quote]P/S/W I can also say I have talked to some of our players also, they are ready for the battle. And you are right 2 more days and the team who controls the ball and the clock with out turn overs will be the victor. But, win or loose both teams will know they have been in a battle. I would love for Nederland to come home with the win but, as long as both teams walk away with no serious injuries thats my main concern before district play starts
[/quote]
Agreed 100%. Gonna be a knock-down-drag-out. Just hope all players still remain healthy by the end of game. And whomever wins will def be the best team, at least for tomorrow.  ;D
Also, I hope the storms hold off for gametime.. It's P!ss!ng rain sideways here right now..  :-\

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1269111" timestamp="1347544448"]
Anyone have the weather report for tomorrow night?  Looks like rain is in the forecast. 

What team does that benefit?
[/quote]

I like this forecast better.  ;)

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/angleton-tx/77515/hourly-weather-forecast/335900?day=2&hbhhour=17

[quote name="Purple/Silver/White" post="1269085" timestamp="1347540742"]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=102781.msg1268665#msg1268665 date=1347485189]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=102781.msg1268598#msg1268598 date=1347480473]
Two more days and we'll know for sure. I can say personally tho, that after speaking with some of the players (and seeing them play every game last year and this year) that the Wildcats (and I) believe that they are already a much better team at this time than at any point during their last season playing both sides of the ball ... Time will tell.  :)
[/quote]P/S/W I can also say I have talked to some of our players also, they are ready for the battle. And you are right 2 more days and the team who controls the ball and the clock with out turn overs will be the victor. But, win or loose both teams will know they have been in a battle. I would love for Nederland to come home with the win but, as long as both teams walk away with no serious injuries thats my main concern before district play starts
[/quote]
Agreed 100%. Gonna be a knock-down-drag-out. Just hope all players still remain healthy by the end of game. And whomever wins will def be the best team, at least for tomorrow.  ;D
[size=18pt][b]Also, I hope the storms hold off for gametime.. It's P!ss!ng rain sideways here right now..  [/b] [/size] :-\
[/quote]

[color=red]********Weather ALERT******[/color]

100 % chance of [b]Raines[/b] predicted for Friday, September 14 in Angleton, Texas.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1269504" timestamp="1347575330"]
[quote author=Purple/Silver/White link=topic=102781.msg1269085#msg1269085 date=1347540742]
[quote author=BigDog007 link=topic=102781.msg1268665#msg1268665 date=1347485189]
[/quote]
[size=18pt][b]Also, I hope the storms hold off for gametime.. It's P!ss!ng rain sideways here right now..  [/b] [/size] :-\
[/quote]

[color=red]********Weather ALERT******[/color]

100 % chance of [b]Raines[/b] predicted for Friday, September 14 in Angleton, Texas.
[/quote]
LOL! Like I said earlier, I don't think that it'll matter much..... ::)

I've seen some wild predictions on this game with a lot of disparity. Anywhere from Nederland by 21 to Angleton by 24! I'd like to have both of those points! I think this will be a closer ball game than both of those predictions. This will be a good early season test for both teams and I hope it is injury free for both teams!

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1270115" timestamp="1347638851"]
Unless angleton is having a down year I dont see nederland beating them. To much team speed for angleton on both sides of the ball. I think nederlands defense can hold its on but I think nederland will need to score at least 28 to make this a game and I dobt see it happening.
[/quote]

Anything can happen...GO DOGS!!!!!!

I keep hearing how good this Angleton offense is. How many points they can put up in such a short amount of time and this and that. And they keep talking about how Nederland hasn't played against a quality opponent. Well Crosby isn't a scrub of a team. And goose creek, well, they could be better. But this Nederland Defense is the best defense in the state. That's just my opinion. We average 260-270+ on the defensive line, our linebackers are very solid hard-hitting kids, and with our defensive line getting in the backfield every play, you know our corners and safeties will be slobbering at the mouth for a QB mistake. Now there is no doubt in my mid that Angleton is a STUD...A STUD of a team....BUT they have not faced a defense like this one in Nederland. And should I mention an offense with a running back who can bust a 50 yarder at anytime, and a Qb who has four, count 'em, four studs at wide out who have speed and great hands. This game is going to be hard hitting, nasty, and outright rough. Gonna be tied in the fourth and Nederland will pull away winning by 2 scores. I will say Nederland 31- Angleton 21. Go Dogs! Clear eyes, Full Heart, Can't Lose!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder