1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Angleton

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="tdavis9" post="1265414" timestamp="1347155624"]
[quote author=Daytonfan link=topic=102781.msg1265394#msg1265394 date=1347155070]
[quote author=tdavis9 link=topic=102781.msg1265254#msg1265254 date=1347147332]
angleton number in the state....nederland number 8 in the state.....whoeveer wins should be number 1 in the state......nederland takes it by 21
[/quote] Nederland is good I'll admit, but do you seriously think that Nederland is the #1 team in the state? Come on now!!! Let's be real
[/quote]
if they beat angleton whon is number 4 in the state then they deserve to be number 1
[/quote]

Actually, technically if they beat the #4 team, they deserve to be #4...

tdavis is a PNG fan.  You will find many of them trying to build Nederland up and make them more than they are over then next couple of week... at least until we come to the RESERVATION.  Nederland is a team that gets BEAT down by their COACH every week, they DESERVE  NOTHING, they earn every thing, only one week at a time.  They don't have the LUXURIES of some neighboring districts, and Neumann lets em know it.  If you thin that these Nederland players will EVER think they aren't CLAWING their butt out of the gutter every week, then you haven't been around.  None of the silly comments matter. Neumann is in his teams kitchen and they know they are underdogs everyweek.  It really doesn't matter what any Nederland poster puts up here, or what a PNG fan tries to portray Nederland to be in the way of overconfidence, trust me, in that Lockerroom, the ultimate in focus, hardwork, determination, and humbleness is taking place.  But keep trying to think what you THINK is going on at Nederland, cuz you have NO freakin IDEA.... But we will find out.  In due time.

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1266498" timestamp="1347250191"]
tdavis is a PNG fan.  You will find many of them trying to build Nederland up and make them more than they are over then next couple of week... at least until we come to the RESERVATION.  Nederland is a team that gets BEAT down by their COACH every week, they DESERVE  NOTHING, they earn every thing, only one week at a time.  They don't have the LUXURIES of some neighboring districts, and Neumann lets em know it.  If you thin that these Nederland players will EVER think they aren't CLAWING their butt out of the gutter every week, then you haven't been around.  None of the silly comments matter. Neumann is in his teams kitchen and they know they are underdogs everyweek.  It really doesn't matter what any Nederland poster puts up here, or what a PNG fan tries to portray Nederland to be in the way of overconfidence, trust me, in that Lockerroom, the ultimate in focus, hardwork, determination, and humbleness is taking place.  But keep trying to think what you THINK is going on at Nederland, cuz you have NO freakin IDEA.... But we will find out.  In due time.
[/quote]
i played for both png and nederland..and neumann treats the kids as his own and does not beat them down

You played for him and you think he's not keeping them hungry like a pack of freakin wild dogs...... maybe you didn't play for him.  Beatin them down maybe a mistatement, but he's Absolutely got his teams mental focus in the right direction.  The notion that Nederland is overconfident is LAUGHABLE... did you pay attention while you played for him.

Big statement looking to be made by both teams here. I'm a Nederland fan and my pick may be viewed as biased, but I'm picking Nederland in a close one. There is just something special about this team. No doubt this will be both teams' toughest test yet. I'm willing to bet Angleton will be the toughest offense Nederland will face this year in the regular season. I'm looking for a game similar to last year's Nederland vs. Pearland Dawson playoff game.

Nederland - 27
Angleton - 21

Wouldn't miss this game for nothing!  I agree, last year's game between Nederland and Pearland Dawson was a brutal fight. I look to see the DOGS come out against ANGLETON and play very focused, skilled and with minimum mistakes.  Neumann has them very prepared for this test and I see the DOGS winning this one.  Defense has been running like a fine tuned machine, but our offense is so close to finding their timing and I think it will happen Friday night.  Very close game though......Ned 17 Angleton 14

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1265847" timestamp="1347198326"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102781.msg1265819#msg1265819 date=1347196478]
Nederland is good, no doubt, but will lose to this Angleton team by 2 td's.
[/quote]Come on Soulja, 2 TDs? Have you ever picked Ned to win a tough game in FB or BB? Anything could happen of course, but when was the last time Ned lost by 2 TDs? You're gonna lose cred with those types of predictions!  :-\
[/quote]
Just FYI, Angleton put up more than 500 yds of offense and outscored a very strong 5A Brazoswood Buccaneer team by 6 TDs (okay, 5.9) last friday night at our home with only one turnover, and an otherwise mistake-free game. T.J. Austin, senior QB was also 100% on his passing with no int. The 'Cats D was responsible for many of those points because they were wreaking havoc, causing and recovering fumbles, and picked off three Int's which ALL ultimately resulted in scores for Angleton in one way or another.
They looked MUCH better than they ever did in ANY of the 13 games that they won last year. Score at half time was 41-14  Final score was 69 - 28, and the only reason that B'wood was able to score 28 points is because our starters only played for the first 2 1/2 quarters. The rest of the game was played by the second and third string players. NED better make sure they have those jock straps on tight this friday 'cause they are gonna need 'em!  ;) It will be a good game no matter what the outcome tho, and whomever the win goes to should (and hopefully will) definitely receive the respect of the opposing team / school...Hope to see many 'Dogs fans make the game, and please drive safely.

I expect a great effort and tough play from the Nederland Bulldogs. This game might turn out to be like the hard hitting games we played against Dayton the past couple of years. This game might come down to turnovers and special teams play. Should get some media attention from the Houston area with 2 of the best 4A schools in the state going at it.

Explosive would be the word I would use to describe the Angleton offense...Nederland needs to play ball control and field position to win...make Angleton play on a long field against that tough D...great test for the Dogs early in the season...I think the Dogs will be the more physical team

[quote name="Razor" post="1267194" timestamp="1347334364"]
Explosive would be the word I would use to describe the Angleton offense...Nederland needs to play ball control and field position to win...make Angleton play on a long field against that tough D...great test for the Dogs early in the season...I think the Dogs will be the more physical team
[/quote] I have NED winning by 3 TDs but i think a couple of those will be late TDs IMO with Angleton forcing it sorta speak trying to comeback late throwing a couple of INTs.

I'll go Angleton by 17 points.  I don't think the Angleton defense gets enough credit.  It's hard to keep the yardage per game low when you're playing 75-80 defensive plays because it takes your offense two to score.  They do manage to get turnovers.  They forced 32 turnovers in 14 games last year and have forced 7 in two games so far this year.

[quote name="Bulldogs2011" post="1267202" timestamp="1347335095"]
I'll go Angleton by 17 points.  I don't think the Angleton defense gets enough credit.  It's hard to keep the yardage per game low when you're playing 75-80 defensive plays because it takes your offense two to score.  They do manage to get turnovers.  They forced 32 turnovers in 14 games last year and have forced 7 in two games so far this year.
[/quote]
Good point.

I don't think Nederland wins this game without a few "wrinkles" in the game plan, and I don't think those are coming out of the bag pre-district, just my opinion.  Nederland is very good, but offensively will need dig into the playbook so to speak and I don't think you see that in a non-district game.  Can Nederland beat Angleton, absolutely, will they, my gut says no.... this time.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder