195 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Angleton

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ppl im a nederland fan and lets just be honest here....ned has good team but no way #1 in the state.....not even close...played 2 games against average teams...havent proved anything yet....lets get back to reality and let these kids have fun and play football..these 1st 3 games dont mean squat.........

Being ranked gets you nothing, you still have to win games on the field. I don't think Nederland is #1 in 4a, and I don't think anyone in nederland thinks this is the #1 team in the state, most people feel like we have a good team and win or lose at Angleton it will not make us state champions or keep us from winning a championship, it's 1 non district game, it doesn't change the goal of winning district and going as deep as we can in the playoffs.

[quote name="who-you-think" post="1265492" timestamp="1347157854"]
Vidor hasnt played anybody....santa fe and bridge city are weak....gotta prove something...bad thing is vidor is very one deminsional cant throw..thats hurts bad the deeper you go...
[/quote]
There are always good things and bad things about offense selection. The bad thing is with our offense is that we don't pass much and its based a lot on the run but the good thing is once you get into the playoffs teams don't see our offense very often and therefore it is hard to gameplan for it and we may not pass much at all but we can when we need to and when we do it correctly it usually turns out to be a big gain or 6 points.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1265501" timestamp="1347157998"]
[quote author=who-you-think link=topic=102781.msg1265492#msg1265492 date=1347157854]
Vidor hasnt played anybody....santa fe and bridge city are weak....gotta prove something...bad thing is vidor is very one deminsional cant throw..thats hurts bad the deeper you go...
[/quote]
There are always good things and bad things about offense selection. The bad thing is with our offense is that we don't pass much and its based a lot on the run but the good thing is once you get into the playoffs teams don't see our offense very often and therefore it is hard to gameplan for it and we may not pass much at all but we can when we need to and when we do it correctly it usually turns out to be a big gain or 6 points.
[/quote] vidor will be alright, not knocking on Nederlands team but what's with all the arrogant fans on this website? Y'all are ate up with them!

Rankings are just a cool thing on the side but really don't mean squat! I don't know who the #1 team is, but if you honestly think that the boys that suit up in the black and gold on friday nights dont believe that they can beat anybody in the state, then you're highly delusional. All the talk is about the defense, but I am going to give everybody a little nugget here. Carson Raines is money in the bank. He hasn't been talked about much but I've seen him zero in and deliver while scrambling in the two games this year. He has improved quite a bit. Watch out for the offense if they can get the O-line situation handled. But like I said rankings are rankings. #8 Arkansas lost to UL-Monroe today at home. That's how much rankings mean. Nederland is talented enough and coached well enough to beat anyone. That's what I know.

and disclaimer: no I am not in any way related to Raines, nor have I ever met him. Just an observation.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1265501" timestamp="1347157998"]
[quote author=who-you-think link=topic=102781.msg1265492#msg1265492 date=1347157854]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I agree.  If whatever you do on offense is effective and the opposing team CAN't Stop it, you usually win.

High School teams on average are ok with the run defense.  However, if you can gain 3-4 yds on every play, then you will keep the chains moving.  And of course, you will eventually bust through a hole and run for the big one.

A 4 A team last year was successful deep into the playoffs with a run (mostly) attack.  Teams had a difficult time defending them.

No one expects Nederland to go to Angleton and win. Angleton is a solid team with speed and size and good coaching. This will be a game for Nederland to see where they stand and see what they need to adjust to be a top contender. These Dogs will go down and play their hearts out and play to win. If the Dogs  come out with a win it will be great and they will have some great momentum going into district play. I think Nederlands defense is really solid all around and will seriously tested and vice verse Angletons defense is solid and will be a great test for Dogs offense to learn against. So it is a win win for Nederland, if we win we are playing good football and if we lose it will be a learning experience to prep for a hard district . The difference could come down to kicking and Tanner has been strong so far. Going to go with my DOGS 17-14

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1265819" timestamp="1347196478"]
Nederland is good, no doubt, but will lose to this Angleton team by 2 td's.
[/quote]Come on Soulja, 2 TDs? Have you ever picked Ned to win a tough game in FB or BB? Anything could happen of course, but when was the last time Ned lost by 2 TDs? You're gonna lose cred with those types of predictions!  :-\

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1265829" timestamp="1347197028"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=102781.msg1265405#msg1265405 date=1347155451]
Ned gets a big wake up call here.

Angleton by 17.
[/quote]You're killing me, my friend!  ;D
Ok, I'm going back to the basketball forum where I

In the immortal words of John Madden the team that scores the most points usually wins. I do believe when the dust clears this will have been a really good game between two fairly evenly matched teams. I know Ned will not underestimate Angleton. I also reckon that will work both ways. Both teams have the athletes and ability to win this game. Don't be surprised if it comes down to the wire and maybe the last possession. Got to go with Ned by close.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1265829" timestamp="1347197028"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=102781.msg1265405#msg1265405 date=1347155451]
Ned gets a big wake up call here.

Angleton by 17.
[/quote]You're killing me, my friend!  ;D
Ok, I'm going back to the basketball forum where I belong!  8)
[/quote]
lol just giving my honest opinion man.

AP poll.
4A AP Selections
Rank School Overall Record Last Week's Rank
1. Tyler 1-0 3
2. Aledo 1-0 6
3. Pearland Dawson 0-0 4
4. Leander 1-0 7
5. Angleton 1-0 9
6. CC Calallen 1-0 10
7. Denton Guyer 0-1 1
8. Cedar Park 0-1 2
9. Kerrville Tivy 1-0 NR
10. Nederland 1-0 NR

This was before Aledo aand Tyler lost this past Friday!!

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1265847" timestamp="1347198326"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=102781.msg1265819#msg1265819 date=1347196478]
Nederland is good, no doubt, but will lose to this Angleton team by 2 td's.
[/quote]Come on Soulja, 2 TDs? Have you ever picked Ned to win a tough game in FB or BB? Anything could happen of course, but when was the last time Ned lost by 2 TDs? You're gonna lose cred with those types of predictions!  :-\
[/quote]Nothing againt Nederland at all.  It's just that I have some pretty goodinfo on this year's Angleton team.  This game will be competitive, but they'll put Nederland away in the 4th.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1266043" timestamp="1347214076"]
AP poll.
4A AP Selections
Rank School Overall Record Last Week's Rank
1. Tyler 1-0 3
2. Aledo 1-0 6
3. Pearland Dawson 0-0 4
4. Leander 1-0 7
5. Angleton 1-0 9
6. CC Calallen 1-0 10
7. Denton Guyer 0-1 1
8. Cedar Park 0-1 2
9. Kerrville Tivy 1-0 NR
10. Nederland 1-0 NR

This was before Aledo aand Tyler lost this past Friday!!
[/quote]
nederland moved up on latest poll

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder