1. 1. Who wins?

• Nederland
    • Angleton

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1264639" timestamp="1347103583"]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=102781.msg1264637#msg1264637 date=1347103365]
Nederland wins. It will be  smashing performance!!!!!!! :o
[/quote]If Nederland wins this they will have to put some Dayton fans on suicide watch along with the dope smoking baby from the ant mound  ;)
[/quote]

That's great!  ;D

[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=102781.msg1264637#msg1264637 date=1347103365]
[/quote]If Nederland wins this they will have to put some Dayton fans on suicide watch along with the dope smoking baby from the ant mound  ;)
[/quote] why is that?

[/quote]
WHY...............THAT MEANS DAYTON SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPANK ANG IF WE MATCH UP IN DA PLAYOFFS  ;) TAKING DA PUPS IN THIS ONE BY 7

[quote name="Daytonfan" post="1264656" timestamp="1347106771"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=102781.msg1264639#msg1264639 date=1347103583]
[/quote] why is that?
[/quote]Not all you guys just having a little fun with a few of the Dayton faithful.. 8)

I will take the Dogs in this one....going against what I know of Angleton.

But I am going on what I know of the Dogs.

I will say this....THERE is a group of players on the Dogs that will be the Difference in this game and that is our (seldom mentioned)  OFFENSIVE LINE.

Those guys will be the reason that our offense outscores Angleton.

It will a high scoring game and I know that it will be tough to go into their stadium and take one....but I am going with the Dogs, rain or shine.

Go Dogs!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1264757" timestamp="1347117657"]

I will say this....THERE is a group of players on the Dogs that will be the Difference in this game and that is our (seldom mentioned)  OFFENSIVE LINE.

It will a high scoring game and I know that it will be tough to go into their stadium and take one....but I am going with the Dogs, rain or shine.

Go Dogs!
[/quote]Hey 1987-What makes you think it will be high scoring? I ask, bc I know nothing about Angleton, and you seem to follow Ned football much closer than I. If I were to make a prediction, I would guess it would be low scoring based on Ned's D. But I can see how it may be different in your mind; is it bc Ned's D creates such great field position AND they score points directly with pick 6's (BTW very impressive. Ned didn't have a single pick 6 during the 3 years I played Varsity there)? Would guess that Angleton has speed based from their team last year, but so did Crosby And GCM. Our offense is more explosive this year, no doubt, but the nay Sayers claim it's bc the field position is so favorable. If Angleton can reduce turnovers and pin Ned's O deep with a good kicking game, Big Ned MAY struggle. If not, I say Ned wins by 2 scores. Even if we are stopped, Noel will get us at least '3'. Having said that:
Nederland 23 (3FGs)
Angleton 13

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1264782" timestamp="1347118875"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=102781.msg1264757#msg1264757 date=1347117657]

Go Dogs!
[/quote]Hey 1987-What makes you think it will be high scoring? I ask, bc I know nothing about Angleton, and you seem to follow Ned football much closer than I. If I were to make a prediction, I would guess it would be low scoring based on Ned's D. But I can see how it may be different in your mind; is it bc Ned's D creates such great field position AND they score points directly with pick 6's (BTW very impressive. Ned didn't have a single pick 6 during the 3 years I played Varsity there)? Would guess that Angleton has speed based from their team last year, but so did Crosby And GCM. Our offense is more explosive this year, no doubt, but the nay Sayers claim it's bc the field position is so favorable. If Angleton can reduce turnovers and pin Ned's O deep with a good kicking game, Big Ned MAY struggle. If not, I say Ned wins by 2 scores. Even if we are stopped, Noel will get us at least '3'. Having said that:
Nederland 23 (3FGs)
Angleton 13
[/quote]

Agreed everyone is entitled to their opinion.....

Angleton vs Bwood last night....broadcast
[url=http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/TPBS/tpbs.htm]http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/TPBS/tpbs.htm[/url]

[url=http://thefacts.com/sports/high_school_football/article_80fec30a-f97b-11e1-96ea-0019bb2963f4.html]http://thefacts.com/sports/high_school_football/article_80fec30a-f97b-11e1-96ea-0019bb2963f4.html

[/url]

Angleton ONLY needed 13 plays to produce 6 TDs.

Nederland is explosive BOTH defensively and Offensively.....Our O line is doing a great job and I Look for those guys to be difference makers this week.

Field position matters AND you win the game at the line of scrimmage....I look also for the BEEF to come in on certain plays on O this week.

Go Dogs!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1264801" timestamp="1347120222"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=102781.msg1264782#msg1264782 date=1347118875]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=102781.msg1264757#msg1264757 date=1347117657]

Go Dogs!
Nederland 23 (3FGs)
Angleton 13
[/quote]

Agreed everyone is entitled to their opinion.....

Angleton vs Bwood last night....broadcast
[url=http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/TPBS/tpbs.htm]http://www.legacysportsnetwork.com/Audio/2012-2013/Football/TPBS/tpbs.htm[/url]

[url=http://thefacts.com/sports/high_school_football/article_80fec30a-f97b-11e1-96ea-0019bb2963f4.html]http://thefacts.com/sports/high_school_football/article_80fec30a-f97b-11e1-96ea-0019bb2963f4.html

[/url]

Angleton ONLY needed 13 plays to produce 6 TDs.

Nederland is explosive BOTH defensively and Offensively.....Our O line is doing a great job and I Look for those guys to be difference makers this week.

Field position matters AND you win the game at the line of scrimmage....I look also for the BEEF to come in on certain plays on O this week.

Go Dogs!
[/quote]WOW-Brazoswood gave up 58 & 69 points in their two games! :o Just read that Angleton beat Montgomery 28-18 in week one. Montgomery started the season against 2 top ranked team's. They lost to Dawson last night 28-17. I bet Montgomery is beat up this morning. With that information, I'll stick with my prediction.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1264814" timestamp="1347121186"]
Also, honest.....

I would NOT put Angleton in the same category as GCM or Crosby (no disrespect to either).  Angleton is ranked in top of the state for a reason.....just a side note.
[/quote]I hear ya, and I think I'll make the trip for this one. Sounds worth the 2 hour drive.

Actually Brazoswood didn't give up 58 and 69 points. They won last week 29-0 against Westbury. Brazoswood is supposed to be a playoff contender in 24-5A, along with Clear Springs, Clear Brook Clrear Creek. I expect a great effort from the dogs of Nederland, but the Angleton offense looked terrific last night and they cleaned up alot of the mistakes they made at Montgomery. Kids looked in better shape also. I gotta go with the Cats of course with probably the same spread as the Montgomery game 28-17.

Speaking of Montgomery, sounds like they played Dawson pretty tough on the road. They closed the gap some at the end, but Dawson just had a little more last night. Got alot of respect for the Bear head coach and the entire program. They are a solid football team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder