127 members have voted

1. 1. PICK YOUR VOTES IN THIS GAME YALL ITS GONIG TO BE HARD

• WOS
    • PNG

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you have to be realistic here...WO-S is far and away a better team. I do think FairChief will have the Indians ready to rumble, but Stangs team speed will take this game to the verge of being ugly. The Indian D will be slashed and thrashed I am afraid to say. Hope they can prove me wrong, but after watching up close and personal the past few weeks, you don't just obtain speed over night.

WO-S 34
PN-G 14

[quote name="ScalpEm24" post="1260993" timestamp="1346855097"]
I think you have to be realistic here...WO-S is far and away a better team. I do think FairChief will have the Indians ready to rumble, but Stangs team speed will take this game to the verge of being ugly. The Indian D will be slashed and thrashed I am afraid to say. Hope they can prove me wrong, but after watching up close and personal the past few weeks, you don't just obtain speed over night.

WO-S 34
PN-G 14
[/quote]

And diving for the feet...not going to cut it.

[quote name="NDNation" post="1260968" timestamp="1346853710"]
I support who ever The Chief puts in...but I hope we haven't seen the last of AJ. Who ever is behind that Oline will be safe...would hate to have to cook for those boys.
[/quote]

If they look over AJ, it would be to every opponent in  20-4A advantage and a disrespect to the player.  He is talented, really the bright spot with the NDNs this year.

Can't see any coach doing that.  AJ has potential to play collegiate ball and you would trade that in for what?  I really am puzzled and I wonder if they have seen the size of WOS and our D for that matter.

Not that I want the NDNs to win vs us, but AJ would fair better at QB at this point.  And I want to play the best. 

The biggest problem with the NDNs is their defense.  I would put my concern there if I was the Ndn faithful, this drum beat of downing AJ to lift up someone else is distracting and hurtful to the team.

Also, any development in the running game would benefit the Indians, AJ should be utilized as run threat as well.  I can see this being the bread and butter for NDNs this year. 

The question is why are they not doing it?

[quote name="tdavis9" post="1259996" timestamp="1346728539"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=102438.msg1259986#msg1259986 date=1346727975]
really AJ running for 140 yards on wos, are you kidding me????  Did you fall on your head and bump it??? AJ will be lucky to get 50 yards rushing on their defense. Incase you haven't noticed, AJ may be the best runner we have and that ain't saying much. I would really be suprised if png scores at all, if we do it will be a plus. Kinda like your delusional thoughts though, you obviously don't know football.
[/quote]
just keep thinking as the indians are the underdogs..we love to think of us like that..we are gonna shock the world this year..and like i said wos offense sucks real bad
[/quote]

Are you counting the yards running from sideline to huddle?

[quote name="indianforever" post="1261075" timestamp="1346863422"]
I have heard the wos offense is struggling right now...does anyone know if that info is correct
[/quote]

They had 333 yards of total offense last week and had 4 guys average at least 6 yards a carry.  That doesn't sound like struggling to me.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1261066" timestamp="1346862810"]
[quote author=tdavis9 link=topic=102438.msg1259996#msg1259996 date=1346728539]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=102438.msg1259986#msg1259986 date=1346727975]
really AJ running for 140 yards on wos, are you kidding me????  Did you fall on your head and bump it??? AJ will be lucky to get 50 yards rushing on their defense. Incase you haven't noticed, AJ may be the best runner we have and that ain't saying much. I would really be suprised if png scores at all, if we do it will be a plus. Kinda like your delusional thoughts though, you obviously don't know football.
[/quote]
just keep thinking as the indians are the underdogs..we love to think of us like that..we are gonna shock the world this year..and like i said wos offense sucks real bad
[/quote]

Are you counting the yards running from sideline to huddle?
[/quote]ouch

[quote name="indianforever" post="1261110" timestamp="1346865186"]
I have a funny feeling AJ will be sharing time under center with walker this game...jmho
[/quote]

This will be the biggest coaching blunder....

Remember if aint broke, don't fix it!

Offense wasn't broke.  However, the NDN defense, if I was the coach, that would keep up at night worrying.  This is 20-4A after all.

Ozen, Vidor, Nederland, Central.....oh the nightmares I would be having trying to find a defense to stop them.

It could be a long season if the focus is not put where it needs to be. 

Politics doesn't sell football tickets - WINNING does!

There could be several fires at the ol' reservation this year.

I'm curious as to why all of a sudden they are bringing up the younger qb. I'm not complaining but maybe with AJ at wideout with his size and speed, it might be a good thing. But I too don't see coach faircloth getting away from him at QB. His size is a plus and speed too. As for the running game, I don't know what we are gonna do, it just hasn't been there yet. Defensively is a big question too, still say if a team can throw the ball it will be our downfall. Friday can't get here soon enough.

thedogs1987, I'm not seeing the argument that our defense is our weak link.  Silsbee averaged 2.8 yds per carry and the receivers averaged just under 5 yds per catch.  We gave theme excellent field position on their first two scores ( starting at our 10yd line and at our 25 yd line).  The only sustainable drive they had all night was the last one when our defense's tongues were hanging out for being on the field almost the entire second half. I'm looking forward to a really good game against two top notch defenses.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1261036" timestamp="1346861078"]
The biggest problem with the NDNs is their defense.  I would put my concern there if I was the Ndn faithful, this drum beat of downing AJ to lift up someone else is distracting and hurtful to the team.
[/quote]

I see alot of downing the defense from Friday night, but I thought the defense was a bright spot for most of the game...Silsbee scored after two PNG turnovers inside there 20. First half the defense was dominant, but the offense was controling the clock...Second half the offense sputtered and the defense was on the filed most of the half. They held a very good back to 3.4 ypc. Reed caught the defense over pursuing on one play and hit the backside WR for 50+ yards (great designed and executed play by the way), but the defense held and gave up no points. I didn't see alot yards after contact from the Tigers.

[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=102438.msg1261036#msg1261036 date=1346861078]
Also, any development in the running game would benefit the Indians, AJ should be utilized as run threat as well.  I can see this being the bread and butter for NDNs this year. 

The question is why are they not doing it?
[/quote]
They are running AJ. He ran 14 times, most if not all were designed runs, not scrambles. My biggest concern for my Indians this year is the lack of a running game. The past three teams had a workhorse and good lines that always plowed forward and rarely turned the ball over.

[quote name="indianforever" post="1261075" timestamp="1346863422"]
I have heard the wos offense is struggling right now...does anyone know if that info is correct
[/quote]

We looked really good running the ball and really needed to improve passing the ball. Really, it was the penalties that kept us from scoring more against LC-M. The running game was as impressive as I have seen at WO-S in some time.

[quote name="LifesABall" post="1261129" timestamp="1346866203"]
thedogs1987, I'm not seeing the argument that our defense is our weak link.  Silsbee averaged 2.8 yds per carry and the receivers averaged just under 5 yds per catch.  We gave theme excellent field position on their first two scores ( starting at our 10yd line and at our 25 yd line).  The only sustainable drive they had all night was the last one when our defense's tongues were hanging out for being on the field almost the entire second half. I'm looking forward to a really good game against two top notch defenses.
[/quote]

I did think they faired ok vs Silsbee.  Silsbee is 3A.

Consider 20-4A, Solid passing and running attacks coming at them.  I don't see the speed and size to keep up with Ozen, Vidor, or Nederland and even Central.

I think a QB like Raines and Ozen QB will shred the field with the current NDN D.

Watch your game this Friday and see what I am saying.  I think WOS will be the first good test for your D.  Maybe I am wrong.

To me, this seems to be the NDNs short stick this year.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1261121" timestamp="1346865853"]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102438.msg1261110#msg1261110 date=1346865186]
I have a funny feeling AJ will be sharing time under center with walker this game...jmho
[/quote]

Offense wasn't broke.  However, the NDN defense, if I was the coach, that would keep up at night worrying.  This is 20-4A after all.

Ozen, Vidor, Nederland, Central.....oh the nightmares I would be having trying to find a defense to stop them.

[/quote]
Offense wasn't broke?  They totaled 210 yards on 64 plays. Thats 3.3 yards per play of which they averaged 1.6 on the ground...Thats broke. Was it AJ? No. I'd say for his first start he did well enough to warrant another start.

There aint no politics going on at PNG. Love it when a Bulldog fan tries to stir the PNG Pot!  ;D

[quote name="badndn" post="1261227" timestamp="1346872269"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=102438.msg1261121#msg1261121 date=1346865853]
[quote author=indianforever link=topic=102438.msg1261110#msg1261110 date=1346865186]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Offense wasn't broke?  They totaled 210 yards on 64 plays. Thats 3.3 yards per play of which they averaged 1.6 on the ground...Thats broke. Was it AJ? No. I'd say for his first start he did well enough to warrant another start.

There aint no politics going on at PNG. Love it when a Bulldog fan tries to stir the PNG Pot!  ;D
[/quote]

If you go back and check, ALL posts bashing AJ (or any NDN player) have come from PNG fans and others, not me. 

I just stated the obvious, he's NOT the problem with PNG.  The bigger problem is NDN defense and lack thereof of a running attack. I have not bashed any players by name, rather the speed and size that is a fact. 

And,
as I said before, it sounds "disrespectful"

I have tried to defend AJ on this board, without much support.  That has me puzzled.

This Political assault by the other qb's faithful (whoever they are) is probably going to be successful.

There are bigger problems at the Reservation than a Bulldog fan making a comment.

Walker has only been at PNG for 1 year. He moved from HF before his Freshman year. Not any real ties to PNG. The folks that have called for him over AJ are not his "faithful" I can gaurantee you that. His "faithful" support AJ in his Senior campaign wholeheartedly as do I.

Now what I have no problem with is getting 2 very good athletes on the field at the same time...If this means AJ at WR some then so be it. His skill set, size and straightline speed, probably is better served at WR then Walkers would be elsewhere?? In other words Walker probably doesn't help the offense with himself at WR or RB like AJ can if you have another good QB. Think Tanehill moving to WR versus Johnson moving to WR for A&M a few years back. Johnson was not the athlete Tanehill was so it made since to keep him at QB and use Tanehill at WR to get the both on the field at the same time.