WOS @ PN-G predictions.......

dustoff03

PICK YOUR VOTES IN THIS GAME YALL ITS GONIG TO BE HARD  

127 members have voted

1. 1. PICK YOUR VOTES IN THIS GAME YALL ITS GONIG TO BE HARD

• WOS
    • PNG

He was correct about them playing from 01-03, but he was not correct about the score. It was def 21-20 in favor of WO-S. That was the game that PNG tied just before halftime and instead of pouch kicking, decided to kick it deep and Kerry Franks Jr returned it 90 something yards for a TD. The 14-13 game was in 92 or 93. WO-S scored at the end of the game and went for 2 and didn't make it.

I was home on leave from the service and was at that 92 game. Also the last time I saw Wos and Png play. Man that sure doesn't seem like 20 years ago!!!  I'll be there this friday though. Wasn't that the year Wos had to forfeit about 6 or 7 games?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) i agree with you football 2010----------18-0 not that big a score BUT the score relly did not reflect the game at all.the kids from wo-s owned the game from start to finish and when the mustangs  hurt themself in the red zone  by sloppy play and the yellow flag and thats a no no it drives coaches crazy and gives them gray hairs lol .i sent the png fight song from yourtub over to the wos  and said if you dont come to play your A game its going to be a LONG NIGHT and have dreams of the chif dancing all night long in the middle of the field . ok i better get off of here my spelling is killing me.PS your fan  support is one of the best are the best around good luck friday

[quote name="football2010" post="1259295" timestamp="1346646907"]
I mean come on really 18-0 against LCM isnt very impressive!
[/quote]

The Mustang offense is coming around and it will take a few games, but what the 18-0 doesn't show was that LCM never got anywhere near the red zone (I don't recall them making it inside the 20 all night...but I have been know to make a mistake from time to time). LCM had 37 rushing yds with the longest be 16 yds, 85 passing yds with the longest being 27 yds. LCM only crossed mid field a few of times. All WOS needs is one score whether it be a FG, TD, or a safety (like the one in the video on post #23), and the defense will do the rest. I'm not comparing PNG offense to LCM offense just saying that WOS "D" is that good and is what Mustang football is and has always been about.

Ahh why not, here is the video again. I can't believe no one even came close to putting a block on him, untouched to the QB.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkrtdLLaS6A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkrtdLLaS6A[/url]

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="football2010" post="1259295" timestamp="1346646907"]
[/quote]

On the high school level and below, the emotional level of a game can be a big factor.  It is also unpredictable.  That WO-S was in control of the game the whole distance impresses me.  I'm sure that Coach Thompson is not impressed, either - but I'll bet he is satisfied with the outcome.  Congrats to the Bears on a hard played game.  And, of course, way to go Stangs - find (or make) a way to win. 8) 

[quote name="biaplayer" post="1258464" timestamp="1346550790"]
we dont have a good record against the stangs, think we have lost the last 7 if im not mistaken. Wos has a very good defense. From what i saw last night i dont think the offense we have is gonna cut the mustard. no running game it is non existent! AJ throwing the ball over chipmans head over and over isnt gonna cut it. we will have to spread out the stangs defense and go vertical if they are capable of getting that done. we wont have any success running the ball if we dont, im sorry no running game regardless. It wont get any easier the week after that either. i hate to say it but if i was in the pickems i would go with the stangs.
[/quote]

you won't go vertical against the Stangs defense..maybe underneath routes..but vertical no. But I do expect a close, low scoring game with PN-G capable of winning.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1259373" timestamp="1346682223"]
[quote author=football2010 link=topic=102438.msg1259295#msg1259295 date=1346646907]
[/quote]

On the high school level and below, the emotional level of a game can be a big factor.  It is also unpredictable.  That WO-S was in control of the game the whole distance impresses me.  I'm sure that Coach Thompson is not impressed, either - but I'll bet he is satisfied with the outcome.  Congrats to the Bears on a hard played game.  And, of course, way to go Stangs - find (or make) a way to win. 8)
[/quote]

What impressed me (and I was at the game) is that really there was not a lot of emotion in this game for crosstown rivals. It was a workman-like performance by the Stangs. Not even the crowd was really into it. I expect to see a fired-up group of Mustangs this week which could be trouble if we can eliminate the penalties.

i will just be glad when someone scores on wo-s (D) and get the presser off there shoulders thay are just human lol and the 2nd game already. over 35 years the mustangs have been known for there chain gang but the chain gang is only human also--double talking myself lol sorry

[quote name="One4All" post="1259880" timestamp="1346721570"]
[quote author=tdavis9 link=topic=102438.msg1259860#msg1259860 date=1346720127]
wos has no offense so they will not score any points
png-35
wos-0
aj runs for 140 yards
[/quote]
Lmao !!!!!!
Aj or any1 won't even get close to 140 yards
[/quote]
watch and learn