Yates 99 Manvel 58

BADSANTA

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185616" timestamp="1330191910"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185615#msg1185615 date=1330191814]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185614#msg1185614 date=1330191598]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185613#msg1185613 date=1330191226]
Name ONE kid on this year's team who attended a PAISD school, ONE!! U can't!
For the past two years all that we have heard is how bad Nederland will be after all of the PA kids graduate. Well it didn't happen and those who said it are hiding in their shells now.

Yes, I would bet my next paycheck on that one, and I'm sure Nash would too!
[/quote]
Ohh, but I thought ALL OF THE NEDERLAND KIDS grew up in the NISD schools?? ::) ::)...The Rodgers kid went to elementary school in Port Arthur... ::)....Second of all, if you are willing to bet your paycheck on something you know NOTHING about, I have some ocean front property that I would like to sell you off the PA sea wall... ::)
[/quote]
No he did not! He's been in NISD since elementary. And why would u assume that??
[/quote]
Why would you assume that Yates recruits? Get the point?
[/quote]
I love how you change the topic every time you are wrong. Doesn't Wise coach AAU teams during the summer which are not HIS kids? Wonder why he does that?? Don't you think that just maybe a few of them are encouraged to transfer to his school? Come on man it is clearly obvious to everyone but you. It is not an assumption, it is logical thinking that has led me and many many others to this same conclusion.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1185527" timestamp="1330182815"]
Lets see if we can beat Kingwood park then we'll have to face the music (Yates).  I'm pretty sure Wise and co. Will be the ones waiting for the KP/Central winner.
[/quote]Just enjoy the experience. Many never do because they run from tough opponents.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1185687" timestamp="1330197716"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96657.msg1185527#msg1185527 date=1330182815]
Lets see if we can beat Kingwood park then we'll have to face the music (Yates).  I'm pretty sure Wise and co. Will be the ones waiting for the KP/Central winner.
[/quote]Just enjoy the experience. Many never do because they run from tough opponents.
[/quote]
I've seen KW Park play, and I believe that Central is the better team. Jags by 6.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1185724" timestamp="1330199998"]
I challenge anyone on here to explain in detail how Wise recruit his players to Yates. Not what you think but what you know ;)
[/quote]
Thank you sir...I have asked this question HUNDREDS of times with ZERO answers.....Maybe you will have better luck than I did... 8)

Let's turn the whole question around.  Someone with knowledge of Yates program (maybe BD or DV) please explain how Yates is able to do what they do?

Obviously great players, but in more detail, how is Yates able to dominate the way they do?  Is there a rule in HISD that allows players freedom to choose their school? 

I have no idea, just honestly asking how is Yates so dominant? 

Bottom line is, kids transfer into Yates from other schools. Those schools sign off on them. Therefore their transfer is legal.

Wise coaches an AAU team, but none of those players are allowed to play for him in high school. But, it does allow him to have contact with other players in AAU. ;)

[quote name="Pumper" post="1185728" timestamp="1330200265"]
Let's turn the whole question around.  Someone with knowledge of Yates program (maybe BD or DV) please explain how Yates is able to do what they do?

Obviously great players, but in more detail, how is Yates able to dominate the way they do?  Is there a rule in HISD that allows players freedom to choose their school? 

[/quote]
I got this one DOVE...See in HISD kids are allowed to choose where they attend school as a 9th grader...There is no rule that states kids can't go to Yates! However, once you go to that school, THAT becomes your HOME SCHOOL...Coach Wise has built a great program over there, so naturally, if you are an aspiring basketball player, Yates would be an attractive option these days...As a parent, would you want your kid to play at Yates for a Coach like Greg Wise or at No Name High for an Offensive Coordinator chosen to coach basketball because its one mile closer to your house? That makes the choice easy...Build it and they will come...Yates does NOT recruit...Its that simple.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185762" timestamp="1330201292"]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=96657.msg1185728#msg1185728 date=1330200265]

[/quote]
I got this one DOVE...See in HISD kids are allowed to choose where they attend school as a 9th grader...There is no rule that states kids can't go to Yates! However, once you go to that school, THAT becomes your HOME SCHOOL...Coach Wise has built a great program over there, so naturally, if you are an aspiring basketball player, Yates would be an attractive option these days...As a parent, would you want your kid to play at Yates for a Coach like Greg Wise or at No Name High for an Offensive Coordinator chosen to coach basketball because its one mile closer to your house? That makes the choice easy...Build it and they will come...Yates does NOT recruit...Its that simple.
[/quote]

So, if you are in Houston, you can choose any school you wish to choose beginning in the 9th grade.  IF this is not the case in most other areas, would you consider that to be sort of an unfair advantage for the kids in Houston?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1185771" timestamp="1330201557"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185762#msg1185762 date=1330201292]
[quote author=Pumper link=topic=96657.msg1185728#msg1185728 date=1330200265]

[/quote]
[/quote]

So, if you are in Houston, you can choose any school you wish to choose beginning in the 9th grade.  IF this is not the case in most other areas, would you consider that to be sort of an unfair advantage for the kids in Houston?
[/quote]
No, because in smaller areas, teams are allowed to have mysterious transfers, with nothing said about it, PLUS, they can have Little Dribblers programs from elementary school, and they get to know their kids from the time they were small kids, and have their feeder schools run their system...WHO has the advantage, again?

So it is fair to say that Yates has "access" to quite a large pool of athletes, and given the history of success and coaching there, they are able to attract the best of the best from Houston to play there.  Pretty much correct?  Sounds to me like it is legal.  If the kids are choosing to go there, then so be it.

In BISD, which is clearly a much smaller pool to choose from, the rules also basically allow for this.  Currrently there is really no such "program" in place.  The last time there was such a program, we all know what the results were.  State title and multiple Austin appearances.

Whether such arrangements are fair or not is a whole different discussion.  Legal yes.

But it does explain how a Yates situation can happen.  Such an arrangement is effectively impossible if your school is not in a decent sized city, and if such transfer rules don't exist.  Yes, smaller schools can get an occasional transfer, but noting on the scale like we are talking about.

Give them their due for being smart enough to take advantage of the situation.  They are a very good team. 

From UIL:

Multiple High School Districts with schools in more than one conference, one of which is a magnet school. A multiple high school district with schools in more than one conference, one of which is a magnet school, shall have the magnet school placed in the same conference as the high school in that school district with the largest enrollment.

So tell me how Yates, and other "magnet" schools, somehow skirt this rule?  Just curious.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1185771" timestamp="1330201557"]
[/quote]I may be naive, but isn't this the rule in Beaumont?  Can an 8th grade student pick between Central, Ozen, and West Brook.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder