Yates 99 Manvel 58

BADSANTA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1187138" timestamp="1330397377"]
Has anybody explained yet if Beaumont players are allowed to choose the high school they want to attend and how this is different from Houston schools, even if it is on a [b][i]slightly [/i][/b]smaller scale.
[/quote]
beaumont texas population - 118,296
houston texas population - 2,100,000

yeah thats real slight.  ::)

A large majority of schools recruit.  It happens.  I think Wise gets so much negative attention, because he puts up so many points on people.  HISD has open enrollment.  The great coach Boutte did recruit himself.  I know of few people he tried to get and they denied him.  I was offered a position on one of his Lincoln teams to get one of my friends to come over.  I was no where near the player of my friend, but he knew I could influence him.  Many people from the Port Arthur area know many kids zoned in the T.J. area played basketball at Lincoln.  No one questioned the Houston Bellaire team that was stacked with Emeka Okafor.  There were many players on that team from other areas in Houston.  When I was in high school I saw a lot of kids transfer into Silsbee to play basketball.  Also Nederland lands a lot of Port Arthur kids on it's Football team.  I know quite a few, this years tail back, who made the move due to a crowded back field at Memorial.  Does Wise recruit, probably so, just as many others do.  But I think he is just better than most.  Hell I know back in the late 90's, plenty of kids from Beaumont were playing ball at Hardin Jefferson.

[quote name="vp32" post="1187270" timestamp="1330405937"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=96657.msg1187138#msg1187138 date=1330397377]
Has anybody explained yet if Beaumont players are allowed to choose the high school they want to attend and how this is different from Houston schools, even if it is on a [b][i]slightly [/i][/b]smaller scale.
[/quote]
beaumont texas population - 118,296
houston texas population - 2,100,000

yeah thats real slight.  ::)
[/quote]So, you are saying its all right to do it, just don't get carried away?

[quote name="Stillagat24" post="1187308" timestamp="1330414586"]
A large majority of schools recruit.  It happens.  I think Wise gets so much negative attention, because he puts up so many points on people.  HISD has open enrollment.  The great coach Boutte did recruit himself.  I know of few people he tried to get and they denied him.  I was offered a position on one of his Lincoln teams to get one of my friends to come over.  I was no where near the player of my friend, but he knew I could influence him.  Many people from the Port Arthur area know many kids zoned in the T.J. area played basketball at Lincoln.  No one questioned the Houston Bellaire team that was stacked with Emeka Okafor.  There were many players on that team from other areas in Houston.  When I was in high school I saw a lot of kids transfer into Silsbee to play basketball.  Also Nederland lands a lot of Port Arthur kids on it's Football team.  I know quite a few, this years tail back, who made the move due to a crowded back field at Memorial.  Does Wise recruit, probably so, just as many others do.  But I think he is just better than most.  Hell I know back in the late 90's, plenty of kids from Beaumont were playing ball at Hardin Jefferson.
[/quote]

You became a member on here to tell THAT LIE?  ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1187375" timestamp="1330436748"]
[quote author=Stillagat24 link=topic=96657.msg1187308#msg1187308 date=1330414586]
[/quote]

[/quote]

How do you know he is lying? Do you know him?

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1187397" timestamp="1330437467"]
If you knew ANYTHING about basketball in Port Arthur, you would KNOW that when Lincoln was around it was NO NEED to recruit ANYBODY....THAT, SIR, IS A LIE, if you say that any kid had to be "recruited" to play at Lincoln.
[/quote]
Prove it dickie. Right now its your word against that guys and frankly i'm leaning towards believing him more than you.

[quote name="vp32" post="1187450" timestamp="1330441294"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1187397#msg1187397 date=1330437467]
If you knew ANYTHING about basketball in Port Arthur, you would KNOW that when Lincoln was around it was NO NEED to recruit ANYBODY....THAT, SIR, IS A LIE, if you say that any kid had to be "recruited" to play at Lincoln.
[/quote]
Prove it dickie. Right now its your word against that guys and frankly i'm leaning towards believing him more than you.
[/quote]
Prove it? For what? Nothing to prove....thats just fact...believe whatever you want.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1187375" timestamp="1330436748"]
[quote author=Stillagat24 link=topic=96657.msg1187308#msg1187308 date=1330414586]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Are U questioning a life experience he encountered? Is it possible that he and his friend were recruited?  ???

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1187455" timestamp="1330441506"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=96657.msg1187450#msg1187450 date=1330441294]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1187397#msg1187397 date=1330437467]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Prove it? For what? Nothing to prove....thats just fact...believe whatever you want.
[/quote]
Its not fact until you prove it dickie. i thought even you would know that.  ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1187470" timestamp="1330441887"]
100% NOT POSSIBLE....Honestly, it would be MORE believable had he said at Ozen, even though that was not the case either...But LINCOLN? That's laughable...[b]EVERY kid that could walk and chew gum in Port Arthur wanted to play for Lincoln[/b]...Recruit for what? Makes no sense at all.
[/quote]
I didn't. And i could walk and chew gum.  ::)

Stevie Jackson was recruited... To go to Oakhill!!!! That was recruiting.  The West Side of PA is the hood and most of the kids on the West Side go went to lincoln.  Back in the 80's and early 90's TJ was nearly 50-50 on its minority to majority ratios. Once Gamble became the coach, it was all about PA Lincoln and winning. Gamble is not a recruiter and neither was Boutte.  Ozen BBall was big because it was a new school.  You see the kids starting to flood back to central & Westbrook now that the new school nostalgia is gone!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1187524" timestamp="1330446379"]
[quote author=team first link=topic=96657.msg1187502#msg1187502 date=1330444722]
Stevie went to oakhill cause that was his only chance to possible get his sat, and credit high enough to get in d1 college!!!!!
[/quote] Melo was in that situation and went to Oak Hill, according to his book. Go Oak Hill
[/quote]
I agree smart decision by both

[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=96657.msg1187561#msg1187561 date=1330448810]
Oakhill opennly recruits, they would hav no part with Stevie if he wasn't a 6'7" stud!
[/quote
Of course they do, they are a private school and are allowed to do it.
There biggest selling point was we can help u with ur grades so u have a chance. Bingo bango bongo, sold to mr Jackson

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami