Yates 99 Manvel 58

BADSANTA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185504" timestamp="1330179520"]
Yates defeats the second state ranked team in a row by 40... ::). Ironically they have the toughest bracket and make it look so easy...
[/quote]
I wonder why? Any college team should be able to be a HS team. Yates is a disgrace to HS basketball. I don't understand how you can get on here and boast about an AAW team/Collegiate team whipping up on a HS team? It's time someone steps up and does what is right, and have them disqualified!  >:(

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1185557" timestamp="1330186174"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185504#msg1185504 date=1330179520]
Yates defeats the second state ranked team in a row by 40... ::). Ironically they have the toughest bracket and make it look so easy...
[/quote]
I wonder why? Any college team should be able to be a HS team. Yates is a disgrace to HS basketball. I don't understand how you can get on here and boast about an AAW team/Collegiate team whipping up on a HS team? It's time someone steps up and does what is right, and have them disqualified!  >:(
[/quote]
About the response I expected...first of all those kids are ALL ELIGIBLE, HIGH SCHOOL AGED KIDS....FACT..To call those kids "college kids" because they are good is just ignorant.  If it were illegal, they would have BEEN REPORTED...You people on here make assuptions about these kids that are not factual or fair to them...They are JUST LIKE YOUR NEDERLAND KIDS...Coach Wise is a heck of a coach...I wonder if those kids were at Kingwood or Katy, would you deem them ILLEGAL... ::) ::)..Just a thought. NB-Dawg, that was not a very intelligent or well thought out post...Come on, they are just THAT good AND well coached...Stop trying to scandalize them because they are... :(

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185565" timestamp="1330187275"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185557#msg1185557 date=1330186174]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185504#msg1185504 date=1330179520]
[/quote]
[/quote]
About the response I expected...first of all those kids are ALL ELIGIBLE, HIGH SCHOOL AGED KIDS....FACT..To call those kids "college kids" because they are good is just ignorant.  If it were illegal, they would have BEEN REPORTED...You people on here make assuptions about these kids that are not factual or fair to them...They are JUST LIKE YOUR NEDERLAND KIDS...Coach Wise is a heck of a coach...I wonder if those kids were at Kingwood or Katy, would you deem them ILLEGAL... ::) ::)..Just a thought. NB-Dawg, that was not a very intelligent or well thought out post...Come on, they are just THAT good AND well coached...Stop trying to scandalize them because they are... :(
[/quote]

Come on Dawg, quite being unjustifiably jealous.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1185566" timestamp="1330187354"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185565#msg1185565 date=1330187275]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Come on Dawg, quite being unjustifiably jealous.
[/quote]
They ARE! Katy has dominated in football for YEARS and no one has questioned them or called them "illegal"..To some they were just "good and well coached"...."great program"...Kingwood made back to back state trips a few years ago, (with Wise's SONS, by the way) and no fuss was made about it...Not a bit..but since its YATES....They are "illegal"...thats just dumb.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185576" timestamp="1330188210"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96657.msg1185571#msg1185571 date=1330187702]
Dickie- Why do you think this stuff is continually brought up about Yates and only Yates?
[/quote]
People FEAR what they don't UNDERSTAND...
[/quote]

That's a great "saying" but it doesn't really address my question.  You mentioned a couple of other teams that were dominant at one time or another.  Why didn't people have similar concerns/suspicions?  After all, there are other successful situations where, as you said, people feared and didnt understand.

Aha! Just as I expected. In no way was I even saying that whatsoever!! My point is that not ALL of these kids grew up in the 'Yates' zone. Are you going to tell me that all of these kids went to elementary and middle school together? my point is that they were all recruited to go to Yates high school. Under normal circumstances, they would be very similar to other teams in their district.
It would be like Beaumont Central going out and recruiting players to come play for them all the way from North Shore to Tyler Texas. Let's put a team together and that covers a geographical area and see how they compete against Yates. Like I said, a college like team. Has nothing to do with their race or their age...

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185565" timestamp="1330187275"]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[quote name="stevenash" post="1185585" timestamp="1330188648"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185576#msg1185576 date=1330188210]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96657.msg1185571#msg1185571 date=1330187702]
Dickie- Why do you think this stuff is continually brought up about Yates and only Yates?
[/quote]
People FEAR what they don't UNDERSTAND...
[/quote]

That's a great "saying" but it doesn't really address my question.  You mentioned a couple of other teams that were dominant at one time or another.  Why didn't people have similar concerns/suspicions?  After all, there are other successful situations where, as you said, people feared and didnt understand.
[/quote]
Nash I know that you and I are capable of having an intellectual conversation about this issue, but If I POSTED it on here I am afraid it will be taken in the wrong way...Just understand that we are talking about two TOTALLY different situations, yet they are the same...as they SHOULD be...But in the eyes of some...its not.  Kingwood...3rd Ward...Katy...3rd Ward...Southlake Carroll...3rd Ward....Oak Cliff (Dallas).....Aledo....all mentioned areas have had some degree of dominance in football or basketball, yet only TWO of these has had people to question them, with one of them having their titles stripped....why? Good question...

That geographical area that I am referring to is equivalent to the population in the Houston area in which Yates he has the ability to recruit from. H ISD has thousands of kids to choose from, and being a "magnet school" they can 'legally' allow anyone to enroll there if they so choose. Tell me how that is 'fair'??

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1185588" timestamp="1330188914"]
Aha! Just as I expected. In no way was I even saying that whatsoever!! My point is that not ALL of these kids grew up in the 'Yates' zone. Are you going to tell me that all of these kids went to elementary and middle school together? my point is that they were all recruited to go to Yates high school. Under normal circumstances, they would be very similar to other teams in their district.
It would be like Beaumont Central going out and recruiting players to come play for them all the way from North Shore to Tyler Texas. Let's put a team together and that covers a geographical area and see how they compete against Yates. Like I said, a college like team. Has nothing to do with their race or their age...

[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185565#msg1185565 date=1330187275]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Thats not how it works in Houston! NO ONE I played with at Madison went to Jr. High with me! Thats not even possible in Beaumont, let alone Houston...These are not "one horse, one light" towns where all of the kids go to elementary and middle school together! Did the Nederland kids go to elementary and middle school together, since you asked? NO...Dawg you are reaching for straws here... ::)

[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185592#msg1185592 date=1330189270]
That geographical area that I am referring to is equivalent to the population in the Houston area in which Yates he has the ability to recruit from. H ISD has thousands of kids to choose from, and being a "magnet school" they can 'legally' allow anyone to enroll there if they so choose. Tell me how that is 'fair'??
[/quote]

There is no "recruiting" involved...and as far as "fair" goes, last I checked, Nederland had more students to pick from than Yates...Fair? They are both 4A schools, are they not?...Yates has to compete with 50+ other Houston AREA high schools for kids...Nederland gets all of theirs, plus some of Port Arthurs too! Fair? Try again, my friend... ::)

Yes! They all attended elementary and middle schools under NISD which led them to the HS in which they attend today. Nederland (or any rural-type school) does not have the luxury that Yates has in Houston ISD.

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185594" timestamp="1330189505"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185588#msg1185588 date=1330188914]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Thats not how it works in Houston! NO ONE I played with at Madison went to Jr. High with me! Thats not even possible in Beaumont, let alone Houston...These are not "one horse, one light" towns where all of the kids go to elementary and middle school together! Did the Nederland kids go to elementary and middle school together, since you asked? NO...Dawg you are reaching for straws here... ::)

[/quote]

There is no "recruiting" involved...and as far as "fair" goes, last I checked, Nederland had more students to pick from than Yates...Fair? They are both 4A schools, are they not...Yates has to compete with 50+ other Houston AREA high schools for kids...Nederland gets all of theirs, plus some of Port Arthurs too! Fair? Try again, my friend... ::)
[/quote]

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1185597" timestamp="1330189764"]
Because they are Black! Keep it real son!
[/quote]
Seriously BS?? Race is NOT what this is about. It's about recruiting. Sounds like u are the one focused on race, not me. Obviously you do not know me, or you would not be saying that. U have no clue that I am of a 'mixed race'.

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1185598" timestamp="1330189803"]
Yes! They all attended elementary and middle schools under NISD which led them to the HS in which they attend today. Nederland (or any rural-type school) does not have the luxury that Yates has in Houston ISD.

[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185594#msg1185594 date=1330189505]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185588#msg1185588 date=1330188914]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

There is no "recruiting" involved...and as far as "fair" goes, last I checked, Nederland had more students to pick from than Yates...Fair? They are both 4A schools, are they not...Yates has to compete with 50+ other Houston AREA high schools for kids...Nederland gets all of theirs, plus some of Port Arthurs too! Fair? Try again, my friend... ::)
[/quote]
[/quote]
LIES... ::) ::)...Uh-Hem...Port Arthur ISD is the neighboring district in which some of those NISD kids (student athletes) USED to attend....Come on, man... ::)

[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185600#msg1185600 date=1330189911]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=96657.msg1185597#msg1185597 date=1330189764]
Because they are Black! Keep it real son!
[/quote]
Seriously BS?? Race is NOT what this is about. It's about recruiting. Sounds like u are the one focused on race, not me.
[/quote]

Question: Dawg, would you bet your next paycheck that you can prove Yates recruited ANYBODY?

Name ONE kid on this year's team who attended a PAISD school, ONE!! U can't!
For the past two years all that we have heard is how bad Nederland will be after all of the PA kids graduate. Well it didn't happen and those who said it are hiding in their shells now.

Yes, I would bet my next paycheck on that one, and I'm sure Nash would too!

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1185613" timestamp="1330191226"]
For the past two years all that we have heard is how bad Nederland will be after all of the PA kids graduate. Well it didn't happen and those who said it are hiding in their shells now.

[/quote]
Ohh, but I thought ALL OF THE NEDERLAND KIDS grew up in the NISD schools?? ::) ::)...The Rodgers kid went to elementary school in Port Arthur... ::)....Second of all, if you are willing to bet your paycheck on something you know NOTHING about, I have some ocean front property that I would like to sell you off the PA sea wall... ::)

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1185614" timestamp="1330191598"]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185613#msg1185613 date=1330191226]

[/quote]
Ohh, but I thought ALL OF THE NEDERLAND KIDS grew up in the NISD schools?? ::) ::)...The Rodgers kid went to elementary school in Port Arthur... ::)....Second of all, if you are willing to bet your paycheck on something you know NOTHING about, I have some ocean front property that I would like to sell you off the PA sea wall... ::)
[/quote]
No he did not! He's been in NISD since elementary. And why would u assume that??

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1185615" timestamp="1330191814"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=96657.msg1185614#msg1185614 date=1330191598]
[quote author=NB-Dawg link=topic=96657.msg1185613#msg1185613 date=1330191226]

[/quote]
[/quote]
No he did not! He's been in NISD since elementary. And why would u assume that??
[/quote]
Why would you assume that Yates recruits? Get the point?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont