Yates 99 Manvel 58

BADSANTA

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall in the 2006-2007 season Yates were disqualified for playing an ineligible player after they beat Houston jones so them cheating don't surprise me at all I know they recruit but like I say I think other than bouttee(although he's retired) wise is arguably the second best coach out there I think he's won 4 state championships in 7 yrs that's pretty good(2 with king wood and 2 with Yates) I respect them but wise recruits just face it

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="1185818" timestamp="1330205987"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96657.msg1185771#msg1185771 date=1330201557]
So, if you are in Houston, you can choose any school you wish to choose beginning in the 9th grade.  IF this is not the case in most other areas, would you consider that to be sort of an unfair advantage for the kids in Houston?
[/quote]I may be naive, but isn't this the rule in Beaumont?  Can an 8th grade student pick between Central, Ozen, and West Brook.
[/quote]

Or HJ?

Because the "d-1 coaching market" does not consider either one of them a "must have" and I would suggest to you that this particular market is a lot more intelligent about coaching abilities than somebody posting on SETX sports.  And, of course, at d-1 level, most recruiting advantages/disadvantages disappear and the playing field is considerably more level.

wow, i understand about the guys complaining about the so call recruiting but come on guys. One game at a time play ball. the kids are out there playing not the adults, if yates is a big issue well some team somewhere has to come up with some type of gameplan or any gameplan to stop them.

Well, it is pretty easy for those who have problems figuring it out. Why don't 5A/6A schools play 1A schools? Even some 5A schools complain about huge enrollment schools having an advantage.

Yates keeps their enrollment figures down to play 4A just like some schools I know, but let's talk about how great and smart they are. Probably fudge grades too.

[quote name="baddog" post="1186047" timestamp="1330264033"]
Well, it is pretty easy for those who have problems figuring it out. Why don't 5A/6A schools play 1A schools? Even some 5A schools complain about huge enrollment schools having an advantage.

Yates keeps their enrollment figures down to play 4A just like some schools I know, but let's talk about how great and smart they are. Probably fudge grades too.
[/quote]Smart? Many of their kids are going D-1. Gotta make good grades to meet NCAA guidelines. That personal attack won't fly.

Someone already bragged about how Yates is beating the syatem. Yep NCAA guidelines are not as manipulative as UIL..... ::). Funny how that's the only point of my post you addressed.

Let's see......if I believe someone is cheating to win, then I can assume they muster up some integrity when it comes to everything else?  :o That's nothing personal, just common sense.

Whoa so many WRONG statements! Where do I begin? :o[quote name="baddog" post="1186047" timestamp="1330264033"]

[/quote]

Yeah, just like they fudge grades for Nederland football, right? Why would you make that assumption? Makes no sense...

[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96657.msg1185916#msg1185916 date=1330217019]
If Wise is that special as a coach, why isnt he in a D-1 program somewhere?
[/quote]

Nash....really? Some coaches are content coaching in high school programs...He is a good coach, though, no question about that, but why he has never tried taking the jump?....I don't know.

[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=96657.msg1185913#msg1185913 date=1330216043]
I recall in the 2006-2007 season Yates were disqualified for playing an ineligible player after they beat Houston jones so them cheating don't surprise me at all I know they recruit but like I say I think other than bouttee(although he's retired) wise is arguably the second best coach out there I think he's won 4 state championships in 7 yrs that's pretty good(2 with king wood and 2 with Yates) I respect them but wise recruits just face it
[/quote]

This post BY FAR has the MOST WRONG STATEMENTS...Greg Wise came to Yates in 2007-08...they had to forfeit a game against Houston WORTHING THE PRIOR YEAR for playing a transfer from Worthing that was ineligible under Coach Fred Smith, who was subsequently fired from Yates after that season for that. Boutte never had to recruit, nor is he retired...PAISD Executive Athletic Director..Wise has NEVER coached at Kingwood, his SON (Nic Wise) PLAYED there when they won state in 2006.  Wise guided Ft. Bend Hightower to consecutive state tournaments in 2002 and 2003, where they were beaten both years, but he won back to back titles at Yates in 2009 and 2010...And knowing him, Wise does not recruit either...Whoever is supplying your info....tell them to go kill himself... 8)

[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=96657.msg1185879#msg1185879 date=1330211805]
So they have chosen a way to not call it a magnet school but still alow transfers
[/quote]

Yates IS a magnet school...They have a magnet school of communications over there...EVERY school regardless of status allows transfers..They just have to follow UIL guidelines when it comes to competing in varsity sports.  If they LIVE in the zone, they must wait 15 days before becoming eligible to play varsity. If they do NOT live in the zone, they must wait one calandar year before becoming eligible.

[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=96657.msg1185818#msg1185818 date=1330205987]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=96657.msg1185771#msg1185771 date=1330201557]
So, if you are in Houston, you can choose any school you wish to choose beginning in the 9th grade.  IF this is not the case in most other areas, would you consider that to be sort of an unfair advantage for the kids in Houston?
[/quote]I may be naive, but isn't this the rule in Beaumont?  Can an 8th grade student pick between Central, Ozen, and West Brook.
[/quote]

This is correct. HOWEVER where they go as a 9th grader, determines where their HOME school will be.

[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=96657.msg1185809#msg1185809 date=1330205235]
I don't have a dog in this hunt, but wasn't there a rule proposed that if you were a "magnet"  school or allowed transfers, then you would have to play in the classification that you pulled from.... I thought I heard that last year or the year before that...does anyone know, it would seem fair...
[/quote]

Makes no difference which classification you transfer to or from, as long as it is not solely for athletic purposes.

[quote author=Aces_Full link=topic=96657.msg1185806#msg1185806 date=1330205071]
From UIL:

Multiple High School Districts with schools in more than one conference, one of which is a magnet school. A multiple high school district with schools in more than one conference, one of which is a magnet school, shall have the magnet school placed in the same conference as the high school in that school district with the largest enrollment.

So tell me how Yates, and other "magnet" schools, somehow skirt this rule?  Just curious.

[/quote]

I think you are mis-interpreting this one...It would be impossible to follow in a district as large as HISD that has many magnet school programs. The magnet high schools in Houston are: Lamar, Washington, Yates, Madison, Bellaire, Health Professions (no sports), Barbara Jordan (no sports), Law Enforcement (no sports), and Westside...all of which have special programs or advanced academic programs in which students can attend for those specific programs with no questions asked...However, they must STILL follow UIL guidelines for athletic competition...That does not change. If they attend one of the schools without sports programs, they can only compete at the school that they are ZONED to via their home address, which is verified before they can compete.

[quote name="baddog" post="1186072" timestamp="1330268484"]
Smeone already bragged about how Yates is beating the syatem. Yep NCAA guidelines are not as manipulative as UIL..... ::). Funny how that's the only point of my post you addressed.

Let's see......if I believe someone is cheating to win, then I can assume they muster up some integrity when it comes to everything else? That's nothing personal, just common sense.
[/quote]Dude, Yates is not cheating! They are playing within the UIL rules. If my kid is a major D1 prospect and in the 8th grade, playing and living in Humble ISD, I set up residency in Yates zone to meet UIL rules. Thereby being able to play varsity as a 9th grader. Yates has not broken any rules. If my kid attends and plays in CY Fair district as a high school and transfers to Yates, he plays for JV for a calendar year. Still within UIL rules. If my kid attends another HISD SCHOOL and plays varsity, in fact the leading scorer on the team, and decides to transfer to Yates. Oh yeah, his grandmother lives in Yates' district and he moves back for financial hardship. Guess what, he is playing JV.  Wise will visit and walk around during the summer tournaments,  and its a good PR for him. People approach him ;)

[quote name="baddog" post="1186081" timestamp="1330269910"]

Actually, a magnet school is supposed to play under the classification of the largest school in the city......dude.
[/quote]
Not true...If they have 4A numbers and are a magnet school, they play 4A NOT 5A....dude  ::)....Once again...that makes no sense.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1186391" timestamp="1330308966"]
Somebody transferred to Vidor for basketball? Awesome!
[/quote]

Yes, there was one guy who understood he probably was not going to make it in the NBA and he needed to prepare himself properly for that eventuality.  The country could use a few more like him. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83