Larry Haynes...New Head Coach at Westbrook

tupac7

I don't know if he received an interview or not.  I know that West Brook has completed those rounds and is going to conduct second round interviews next week.

The only two that have confirmed that they have been contacted for a second interview are Toby Foreman and Joe Bowser.

Hmmm, thats interesting. Coach Haynes has 21 years as a head coach.  Coach Haynes is the most winning active coach in the entire Southeast Texas area with a record of 146 wins and 69 losses, 5 District Championships, 8 Bi-District Championships, and 1 Regional Finalist. Haynes has been named Coach of the Year 9 times and was also the NFL High school Coach of the year Award Nominee in 2003, holding the highest award a high school coach can receive.  Coach Haynes has also had 6 teams qualify for the 7 on 7 State Championship.

It will be interesting to see if this rumor is true. But from looking over his credentials, this might be the guy to keep WB in their winning ways. Curious.....

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1177010" timestamp="1329148851"]
Hmmm, thats interesting. Coach Haynes has 21 years as a head coach.  Coach Haynes is the most winning active coach in the entire Southeast Texas area with a record of 146 wins and 69 losses, 5 District Championships, 8 Bi-District Championships, and 1 Regional Finalist. Haynes has been named Coach of the Year 9 times and was also the NFL High school Coach of the year Award Nominee in 2003, holding the highest award a high school coach can receive.  Coach Haynes has also had 6 teams qualify for the 7 on 7 State Championship.

It will be interesting to see if this rumor is true. But from looking over his credentials, this might be the guy to keep WB in their winning ways. Curious.....
[/quote]
What about the part of his career where he had division 1 receivers every year in Hardin, good quarterbacks and this is in 2A but couldn't do much, in 2A those were state caliber offenses, they scored 50 a game but never played defense maybe he should apply for an OC job but as far as head coach any coach could have racked up those wins in Hardin with those players at the 2a level.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1177010" timestamp="1329148851"]

[/quote]
So in 25 years as a HC at 4A and below he has 1 Area round win!!!  ???

Guest incognito123
Can you please PM me and let me know how I violated board rules.  I only stated a fact that I personally know to be true.  Not a rumor, a fact.  Please fill me in.

[quote name="badndn" post="1177485" timestamp="1329194610"]
[quote author=SFA65 link=topic=95783.msg1177289#msg1177289 date=1329172326]
I dont know much abut coach haynes but did he earn these "credentials" all from coaching at hardin?
[/quote]
No he coached at Crosby also and a few other spots as well.
[/quote]

He had locker room issues at Crosby so real thugs where on Crosby in those days. Very lax Discipline wise.

Ok I played for coach Haynes and I can tell you firsthand discipline was never a problem or lax. That is why we went from 1-9 to in the playoffs. If Haynes is one thing it is definitely a leader and molder of men. His words still ring in my ears everyday that the number one role a man can play in life is Fatherhood, as a father i'm still inspired by that everyday. Incognito you are so off it's comical.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder