Crosby Rumors

datruth1

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1127458" timestamp="1321983519"]
[quote author=BH 89-2 link=topic=91771.msg1127257#msg1127257 date=1321967785]
[quote author=ItzGood link=topic=91771.msg1123048#msg1123048 date=1321675868]
75K isn't much? We have some messed up priorities in this country, compared to a teacher salary that is way too much.
[/quote]

($6.00 a ticket x 5000 tickets) x 10 games + ($5000 concessions x 10 games)

$300,000 + $50,000 = $350,000 per regular season

How much again did your history teacher make for the school? 
[/quote]

5000 tickets??? Is that when they play PNG??
[/quote]

Nah, it'd be 8,000+. ;D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UHCoog14
Students do not pay $6, Sr Citizens do not pay $6, 5-10% of the people in attendance do not pay at all (district passes, chaperones, band, drill team, etc...).

Electricity for night games.
Other utilities.
Officials.
Security (district or otherwise).
Cost of equipmet and uniforms.
(video, non-funded state mandated medical equipment,medical supplies, water and water supplements.)

Concessions are either subcontracted through Aramark or used as fundraising by booster clubs (who do not pay the coach's salary. They may offset some of the equipment cost.)

Insurance on stadium.
Repair and maintenance of facility.

Position coaches stipends.
Press box food.

If your football breaks even, job well done.

[quote name="MHS32" post="1127262" timestamp="1321968244"]
[quote author=BH 89-2 link=topic=91771.msg1127257#msg1127257 date=1321967785]
75K isn't much? We have some messed up priorities in this country, compared to a teacher salary that is way too much.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny!!!!!! :)
[/quote]
Technically, by teaching that STUDENT athlete well enough to pass his courses, that teacher made the same amount fo rthe school. Remember, no pass no play.

[quote name="puddleofmudd" post="1127533" timestamp="1321987455"]
Coach Kay at North Shore would be a great hire, I wouldnt be sure if he would leave the Mustangs, But if he did, Crosby would be a power house. That man knows defense
[/quote]

I'd love to see Kay come as well, the school board is under extreme pressure right now i doubt many of them keep there jobs come next election.

Crosby has a lot of talent, never said anything about a ton of d1 talent, but they do have talent. The Twins aren't gone by any stretch of the imagination, from what i'm hearing. Not to mention the Sophomore class this year is loaded.  Crosby doesn't exactly have a shortage of talented players.

@Joe Bob i expect another spread offense, as that's what your best two players have ran there whole lives.

As for Barrett Issue... FFS leave it alone we get it the schoolboard is retarded, but they doesn't take anything away from the people who live, work and raise families in Crosby.

Anyway now that all the crying about things that have nothing to do with nothing "The Dick" is on the way. According to The Baytown Sun the Greatest coach in the history of Baytown(not really) is applying for a job @ Crosby. It seems his 7-23 record @ Lewisville was not good enough and he has been moved to a maintenance position. Should be a good fit if the twins stay but one would have to move to wide out.

One thing about Tricky Dick is he knows how to suck up to the right folks and turn them against the haters. Remember if a fan don't like how he is coaching during the game he will just stop coaching and get into a shouting match with the offenders. Then send the cops to talk to the fan at half time. He won't stand by and get his head chopped off like Flanagan!!!!! Sure would be funny to see him and that grandma in a shouting match @ a Crosby game, plus the stadium is smaller so we all could hear what was said.

Crosby has the potential of having great talent year in and year out, but the majority of those kids end up dropping out of the program to chase their baseball dreams (thank you JR Towles, sarcasm).  Therefore, I dare to say the majority of the kids in the program are not the best we could have. The sophomore class is not that great.  Some of their better players have already quit.

The new HC will be black.  The only exception to this would be if John Kay from Northshore gets the job because his wife is one of the Assistant Superintendents.

Aaronjam75 you are correct about crosby's potential but are not correct about the soph class. The soph class is loaded! Most of the 1 loss district JV starters was sophomores. Varsity had only 5 sophomores on varsity because over 30 seniors on varsity. The better soph players quit? That's not true either! There was only 3 from the freshman team that did not play this year and 1 will be back after the 1st semester. That's 1 of flannigans downfalls, some kids go thru problems for whatever reason and Flannigan held it against them and wouldn't give them a second chance. I think we all are ready to see who the next coach will be and which of the other Crosby coaches are staying or leaving. I know a few should go on the definsive side!

I agree with you coug4. aaronjm is one of those sophomores that quit because he couldn't handle the workload the coaches put him thru & wanted to do it his way. Well that doesn't work in football it takes 11 at a time to become 1. Crosby has a great sophomore class. A OK junior class & a few good freshmen but a few of them have attitudes. The whole Crosby football team needs to get rid of the attitudes & let's get prepared to work & then maybe we could be in the 3rd round next year & beyond like the remaining teams in SETX.

[quote name="coug4ever" post="1129596" timestamp="1322236190"]
Aaronjam75 you are correct about crosby's potential but are not correct about the soph class. The soph class is loaded! Most of the 1 loss district JV starters was sophomores. Varsity had only 5 sophomores on varsity because over 30 seniors on varsity. The better soph players quit? That's not true either! There was only 3 from the freshman team that did not play this year and 1 will be back after the 1st semester. That's 1 of flannigans downfalls, some kids go thru problems for whatever reason and Flannigan held it against them and wouldn't give them a second chance. I think we all are ready to see who the next coach will be and which of the other Crosby coaches are staying or leaving. I know a few should go on the definsive side!
[/quote]What?? Flanigan never turned down a kid or MADE THE KID QUIT!!... He always made it the kids choice... He felt if the kid let down his team, or himself by quitting, they had to prove to the their team that they really wanted to be there.  They would have to run track and commit to a certain # of days to summer workout... IT WAS ALWAYS THE KIDS CHOICE!!
EX. Jacasey Evens... did not play his JR year and wanted to play his Sr. year..... Flanigan said run track and make your summer days and earn your way back on the team.. which he did and did very well his Sr. year and went to a school in CAL and played.
EX. A Soph quit at the end of football last year that had a good shot at starting this year. said he wanted to go and train for MMA.  He asked to come back at the end last year and Flanigan said the same thing to him.  Run track and make your summer workout days.. which the kid did neither.. He showed up for first day of practice and even if the kid would have started he said "NO, You did not do any of the things I asked you to do. If you want to play next year, get into off season and work your rear off." 

If Flanigan had any "Problems" as you say is he made the kids accountable for their actions.  He tries to teach them life lessons and is more concerned about making the kids a better person in life.

Barrett station parents only see he did not let him play. They do not think a coach should teach there kids how to be a man.  They see him as he just teaches football....

This whole thing is really sad!!! Really Flanigan is to good for this community..

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="hitman009" post="1130670" timestamp="1322280166"]
[quote author=coug4ever link=topic=91771.msg1129596#msg1129596 date=1322236190]
[/quote]What?? Flanigan never turned down a kid or MADE THE KID QUIT!!... He always made it the kids choice... He felt if the kid let down his team, or himself by quitting, they had to prove to the their team that they really wanted to be there.  They would have to run track and commit to a certain # of days to summer workout... IT WAS ALWAYS THE KIDS CHOICE!!
EX. Jacasey Evens... did not play his JR year and wanted to play his Sr. year..... Flanigan said run track and make your summer days and earn your way back on the team.. which he did and did very well his Sr. year and went to a school in CAL and played.
EX. A Soph quit at the end of football last year that had a good shot at starting this year. said he wanted to go and train for MMA.  He asked to come back at the end last year and Flanigan said the same thing to him.  Run track and make your summer workout days.. which the kid did neither.. He showed up for first day of practice and even if the kid would have started he said "NO, You did not do any of the things I asked you to do. If you want to play next year, get into off season and work your rear off." 

If Flanigan had any "Problems" as you say is he made the kids accountable for their actions.  He tries to teach them life lessons and is more concerned about making the kids a better person in life.

Barrett station parents only see he did not let him play. They do not think a coach should teach there kids how to be a man.  They see him as he just teaches football....

This whole thing is really sad!!! Really Flanigan is to good for this community..
[/quote]

1000% correct

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1130680" timestamp="1322280408"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91771.msg1130670#msg1130670 date=1322280166]
[quote author=coug4ever link=topic=91771.msg1129596#msg1129596 date=1322236190]

[/quote]

1000% correct
[/quote]

Sounds like Flanigan had it right. If ya continue to teach these kids that LIFE is one big entitlement program then they will be crippled as they try to grow into adults. It just ain't like that if you want anything good for yourself or your family. Oh I get it!!! If coach would have let him play he would be in the pros. Whatever.

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1127257" timestamp="1321967785"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

If football is making that much money for the school, maybe my taxes could down a little, and all that money goes where, buying new stuff for the athletic departments.

All the money spent hiring assisant coaches, instead of qualified teachers and that $350,000 is way short of 16-18 coaches salaries.

Who is keeping track of all this money, and where it is going, seems like Dayton had a big scandal about 10 years back.

Guess thats why USA is way behind other countries when it comes to education, but as long as we got football, were good

[/quote]chase thier baseball dreams ...really...i cant recall a good baseball team from Crosby in a while...in fact i cant recall a real playoff contender from 19-4-A since 2008? and that wasnt Crosby....Kids drop out over there because they are in trouble or cant make passing grades same as in the baseball squad your baseball coach wouldnt put up with the brat pack and he was in hot water with the school board over that as well..and the school board re-instated kids that he booted. Flannagan is gone becuase he counldnt win a playoff game or rumor has it he was forced to resine during a pre-season argument with some racial racebaiting from the School board? Either way Crosby has issues like most schools with color, grades, troulble or a school board that wants to drive the bus?

[quote name="dontknowjack" post="1131029" timestamp="1322325792"]

[/quote]chase thier baseball dreams ...really...i cant recall a good baseball team from Crosby in a while...in fact i cant recall a real playoff contender from 19-4-A since 2008? and that wasnt Crosby....Kids drop out over there because they are in trouble or cant make passing grades same as in the baseball squad your baseball coach wouldnt put up with the brat pack and he was in hot water with the school board over that as well..and the school board re-instated kids that he booted. Flannagan is gone becuase he counldnt win a playoff game or rumor has it he was forced to resine during a pre-season argument with some racial racebaiting from the School board? Either way Crosby has issues like most schools with color, grades, troulble or a school board that wants to drive the bus?
[/quote]

Crosby had a player drafted second round by the Toronto Blue Jays. We have another pitching prospect who has a chance to do something similar, they may not win all that much but Crosby's baseball players do a ton of work and play year round. We have very very talented baseball players at Crosby.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder