CROSBY HEAD COACH HAS RESIGNED

[quote name="invictus" post="1118876" timestamp="1321379364"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118874#msg1118874 date=1321379203]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118863#msg1118863 date=1321378902]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118861#msg1118861 date=1321378802]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118850#msg1118850 date=1321378341]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

I have been told by a legit source that he is no longer the coach. I am still awaiting the official word and reason from the district. It should come across here shortly. So stay tuned.....
[/quote]and you might be waitting for the "OFFICIAL" reason.  Takes a while to make up something.... Facts are always easy to quote!!!!!!!!
[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]another words there is no reason why they should let him go.. I bet there is nothing in his write up file... can't be because of record or playoff apperences..  you can't put "because you have no backing on the board".
The fact is they will have to make up a reason....  they can't just fire you for no reason... there would be a major law suit in effect if so...
[/quote]

Actually, you can be fired for no reason.  Texas is a right to work state.  You can be fired or quit at any time.
[/quot

School contracts are different than the private sector.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1119387" timestamp="1321406313"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118882#msg1118882 date=1321379557]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=91601.msg1118876#msg1118876 date=1321379364]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118874#msg1118874 date=1321379203]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118863#msg1118863 date=1321378902]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1118861#msg1118861 date=1321378802]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1118850#msg1118850 date=1321378341]
Just got this email

Hey Amanda,

I have been told by a legit source that he is no longer the coach. I am still awaiting the official word and reason from the district. It should come across here shortly. So stay tuned.....
[/quote]and you might be waitting for the "OFFICIAL" reason.  Takes a while to make up something.... Facts are always easy to quote!!!!!!!!
[/quote]WHAT!
[/quote]another words there is no reason why they should let him go.. I bet there is nothing in his write up file... can't be because of record or playoff apperences..  you can't put "because you have no backing on the board".
The fact is they will have to make up a reason....  they can't just fire you for no reason... there would be a major law suit in effect if so...
[/quote]

Actually, you can be fired for no reason.  Texas is a right to work state.  You can be fired or quit at any time.
[/quote]I have to disagree.. You have to have a reason to fire a full time employee after they have been employed for at least 90 days.
[/quote]

But, he resigned...
[/quote]

You don't have to have a reason in the private sector. 90 days or not.

Who can connect with barrett. That community has alot more to worry about than high school football. I have lived in this area my whole life and ever since I can remember bs has had a horrible crime rate. I have several friends that have left bs for that very reason and one of them had family at barrett for several generations. Instead of worrying about football try and make barrett a place people want to move to instead of avoid.

Actually, whether it is private or public, there does not have to be a reason for terminating employment in a right to work state, which Texas is.

You just can't do so for an unlawful reason, such as one that violates Constitutional or statutory law (race, gender, age, ADA or that violates due process), one that violates provisions of a recognized collective bargaining agreement or one that breaches a lawful employment contract.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1119915" timestamp="1321455239"]
Who can connect with barrett. That community has alot more to worry about than high school football. I have lived in this area my whole life and ever since I can remember bs has had a horrible crime rate. I have several friends that have left bs for that very reason and one of them had family at barrett for several generations. Instead of worrying about football try and make barrett a place people want to move to instead of avoid.
[/quote] I can relate to the place.. I know there has ALWAYS been a crime issue there.. Gulf Pump Road ring a bell?

Guest UHCoog14
Most school employees are under either a "continuing" contract or a "probationary" contract. Those contracts have specific conditions for terminating employment with a school district.

Superintendents and Head Football coaches do not have those types of contracts. They negotiate the terms and conditions of their contracts. Those conditions provide for things such as compensation if the contract is terminated early along with whatever stipulations the district/employee agrees to etc...Hence, a district "buys out" a coaches contract. When a teacher is terminated, there is no "buy out" only bye-bye.

I don't know the situation but if they wanted to save his job then they should have won more games. From all accounts, Flanigan is a good guy. It seems like they could have achieved more on the football field.
Sometimes there have to be unpopular decisions to move forward. I know a team in the SETX area (not naming names) that has talent but always underachieves and the coach comes back year after year because he is beloved by the part of the community that matters. I wish both Coach Flanigan and Crosby the best of luck in this situation.

[quote name="Bill" post="1119998" timestamp="1321458885"]
Crosby sucks now just like they allways have. If them twin's want a chance at football...Dayton is there best shot.
[/quote]i really think that might happen... They would be a Bronco...Or if Flanigan gets the Humble job they will go with him... There dad moved those kids to Crosby for football.  He loves what Flanigan was doing... Now he is gone... I could see them moving... This whole thing sucks...
Anyone in Crosby want to run for the school board??? Do it now... you have a good chance of winning!! Just when you get there vote our spineless Sup out...  Things have hit the fan sence he came here....
I could tell you some of his agenda's.... and that would make you even more sick to your stomach...

I usually just read the threads and very seldom do I post. But I'd like to jump in on this one. Although I didn't always agree with Flanigan on his coaching philosophy when I've been around him he's a stand up guy. Careful what you wish for, because it may be hard to fill his shoes. As far as the school board and Barrett, well I was there when we integrated and went through those he77ish years. The problem is we were a divided community back then and still are to this day. We were both proud of our communities and did not want what the government forced upon us. Just talking with my kids, the division that once was there is not as bad, but it's still there. I blame it mostly on the parents that can't let it go and that relates to some of the school board members. That's my take.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1120530" timestamp="1321488134"]
Guys Flanigan was basically givern the option of staying as a non-head coach or leaving he choose to leave. No firing was placed in the mix.

Regardless telling ur AD we don't want you to be the head coach is as close to firing as possible.

But officially it was a resignation.
[/quote]

You know that in reality he was fired.  Being forced out by giving someone an option you know they do not want to take to force them to resign is a spineless way to fire someone.  It basically says I can't fire you based on merits but I don't like you and want you gone.  Lets at least be intellectually honest about this!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1119930" timestamp="1321455996"]
Actually, whether it is private or public, there does not have to be a reason for terminating employment in a right to work state, which Texas is.

You just can't do so for an unlawful reason, such as one that violates Constitutional or statutory law (race, gender, age, ADA or that violates due process), one that violates provisions of a recognized collective bargaining agreement or one that breaches a lawful employment contract.
[/quote]

What about teachers contracts?

[quote name="td" post="1120821" timestamp="1321533692"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91601.msg1119930#msg1119930 date=1321455996]

[/quote]

What about teachers contracts?
[/quote]

That is a lawful employment contract.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1120165" timestamp="1321466989"]
[quote author=Bill link=topic=91601.msg1119998#msg1119998 date=1321458885]
Crosby sucks now just like they allways have. If them twin's want a chance at football...Dayton is there best shot.
[/quote]i really think that might happen... They would be a Bronco...Or if Flanigan gets the Humble job they will go with him... There dad moved those kids to Crosby for football.  He loves what Flanigan was doing... Now he is gone... I could see them moving... This whole thing sucks...
Anyone in Crosby want to run for the school board??? Do it now... you have a good chance of winning!! Just when you get there vote our spineless Sup out...  Things have hit the fan sence he came here....
I could tell you some of his agenda's.... and that would make you even more sick to your stomach...
[/quote]

You should run for school board.

[quote name="td" post="1120823" timestamp="1321533862"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=91601.msg1120165#msg1120165 date=1321466989]
[/quote]

You should run for school board.
[/quote]

After a few months on the job, yourself, you are recommending that? :))

[quote name="hitman009" post="1120165" timestamp="1321466989"]
[/quote]

Your right Hitman the Twins could go with Flanigan. That would be a great package deal for Humble. Watch out for our friends in Huffman though. They don't need a coach but they are great at encouraging players to be Falcons. Not sure what the do back there in the woods but they are good at it. :-*

[quote name="Razor" post="1120846" timestamp="1321536793"]
are you guys really having a serious conversation about kids transferring for athletic purposes only...isn't that illegal?
[/quote]It's only illegal if coaches influence a athlete to move to a different school... the kids parents can weigh options all day long and move to a better fit for an athlete not illegal. correct me if i am wrong someone.

[quote name="Razor" post="1120846" timestamp="1321536793"]
are you guys really having a serious conversation about kids transferring for athletic purposes only...isn't that illegal?
[/quote]

Absolutely not, I would never engage in such undermining activities. I am only concerned with the boys father and his ability to advance his career and provide for his family. No schools in this area would ever put athletics ahead of morals.........please. ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="1120850" timestamp="1321537068"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=91601.msg1120846#msg1120846 date=1321536793]
[/quote]It's only illegal if coaches influence a athlete to move to a different school... the kids parents can weigh options all day long and move to a better fit for an athlete not illegal. correct me if i am wrong someone.
[/quote]

You're wrong.  If an athlete is found to have changed district for athletic purposes, whether they were recruited or not, they must sit out one year from the time that they transferred.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1120889" timestamp="1321540659"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=91601.msg1120850#msg1120850 date=1321537068]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=91601.msg1120846#msg1120846 date=1321536793]
[/quote]

You're wrong.  If an athlete is found to have changed district for athletic purposes, whether they were recruited or not, they must sit out one year from the time that they transferred.
[/quote]
That is one of those things that would be hard to prove, but if the district comittee they move to votes to make them ineligible, they get messed over. Personally, as long as a kid doesn't transfer within the district I think it should be allowed. The reason I say this is because the coaches from the other schools are likely to vote against a kid who can help an opposing team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder