Nederland vs. Little Cypress-Mauriceville Game Thread/Nederland wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1105184" timestamp="1320462005"]
Any Mid County team is 14 down when they get off the bus in Orange County.
[/quote]

It's well known when you play Nederland don't use officials from the Beaumont chapter because you won't get any calls going your way.

Ask Dan Hooks why he always brought in Houston officials?

I'm sure that we all could argue bad call from mid county to orange county. I do have a family member who moved to Mid county years ago, and they tell me year in and year out, at their place they do get the majority of important calls.  They also say it does happen against the orange county schools. Its not that their are more flags towards one school or another, it just seems when the flags are thrown, it is a time in the game that it is hard to recover from.  Make up calls with one minute just make it look like both teams were called for fouls equally.  Remember this topic was started by an administrator of this site.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1105683" timestamp="1320499793"]
I would if "it" bad calls against Orange County teams didn't happen EVERY year. As for as the Bears, they had a though season and things didn't go their way a lot. Hope for a great off-season and better luck next year.
[/quote]

C'mon big red. You seem to be too intelligent of a guy to make a blanket statement like that. Hooks was probably the best at working the refs. I know, here comes all the WOS faithful, but Hooks was way out on the field a lot. Whether he got all the calls or not, he sure put forth an effort. Well, maybe just that one..... ;D

If you are talking about the holding call, I did not see it, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Then, when you curse the refs on the field, you are going to get multiple flags.

[quote name="americasteam88" post="1105747" timestamp="1320503736"]
I'm sure that we all could argue bad call from mid county to orange county. I do have a family member who moved to Mid county years ago, and they tell me year in and year out, at their place they do get the majority of important calls.  They also say it does happen against the orange county schools. Its not that their are more flags towards one school or another, it just seems when the flags are thrown, it is a time in the game that it is hard to recover from.  Make up calls with one minute just make it look like both teams were called for fouls equally.  Remember this topic was started by an administrator of this site.
[/quote]
Not always true. The worst officiating I ever saw was two years ago LCM at PNG. I'm not gonna say no names but somebody well known from Orange County and this site made some terrible calls in LCM 's favor even made one and showed some excitement in the call.Pathetic , still didn't change the outcome of the game. Bad calls go both ways.

[quote name="baddog" post="1105759" timestamp="1320504757"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=90964.msg1105683#msg1105683 date=1320499793]
I would if "it" bad calls against Orange County teams didn't happen EVERY year. As for as the Bears, they had a though season and things didn't go their way a lot. Hope for a great off-season and better luck next year.
[/quote]

C'mon big red. You seem to be too intelligent of a guy to make a blanket statement like that. Hooks was probably the best at working the refs. I know, here comes all the WOS faithful, but Hooks was way out on the field a lot. Whether he got all the calls or not, he sure put forth an effort. Well, maybe just that one..... ;D

If you are talking about the holding call, I did not see it, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Then, when you curse the refs on the field, you are going to get multiple flags.
[/quote]

I'm not really talking about last night. I'm speaking for the past twenty years are so. Don't know anything about cursing the refs but agree there will be multiple flags if that happened.

There have been questionable calls against LC-M and WO-S in the past against Nederland mainly at Nederland. Heck, I have a VCR tape of one of the calls that cost LC-M the game. If I can get it copied to a DVD and have someone with more knowledge than me highlight the line of scrimmage I'll post it and let you make the call. It is pretty obvious the RB was behind the line of scrimmage when he caught the ball and scored from about 30 yard out with a minute left in the game. Turn around and there is a yellow flag on the field for an illegal lineaman down field. That is just one I can prove by video there have been several more during the series of LC-M at Nederland.

Obviously you are a wise football man, you know lineman can be down field on a screen pass as long as the receiver catches the ball behind the line of scrimmage.

I'm not even counting the things I've heard from WO-S fan's after playing Nederland.

Every fan thinks the officiating is bad and against them! For every call that goes against an Orange County team there is a fan on the other side that thinks the officials are helping the other team. But the truth is the good teams win no matter what and the bad teams go home and complain about the officials.

This is all coming from a fan whose team was  1 - 6 in district. Actually, they were lucky to beat Lumberton. If memory serves me correctly, the Raiders put put 500 yds of offense in their loss. I guess there must have been a lot of bad refs this year, or at least there were only bad ones the last six games of their season.

No, the game I'm talking about basically knocked LC-M out of the playoff picture. So, Nederland wouldn't complain about a bad call that can be proved wrong that cost them the game with a minute left. That was a pretty good Bears team.

As they played CE King to a tie and WO-S lost to them in the playoffs. I guess you are going to say WO-S wasn't any good either.

I do agree good teams overcome bad things happening but 42 for LC-M wasn't going to score again as Nederland had two players following him the last 3 plays. LC-M ran the wishbone back then.

And 42 was LC-M's best player. Hard to overcome a call with a minute left!

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1105832" timestamp="1320508069"]
This is all coming from a fan whose team was  1 - 6 in district. Actually, they were lucky to beat Lumberton. If memory serves me correctly, the Raiders put put 500 yds of offense in their loss. I guess there must have been a lot of bad refs this year, or at least there were only bad ones the last six games of their season.
[/quote]

Only stat that really matters is the final score. I'm not just a fan, I'm alumnus of LC-M. My username is due to me graduating from Lamar and I post a lot on that forum.

It's really comical to listen to some of the sobbing about the refs doing in the orange county teams. and if you really have a video showing you were wronged by the officials show it don't talk about it. I've been a bulldog and a bulldog fan for 52 years and I've seen it go both ways, that's just part of football on the high school level. I'll be expecting to see that video soon.

I guess you didn't read my post I have to have it changed to DVD and get someone with experience with highlight videos to highlight the line of scrimmage to prove my point. The coaching staff at the time with Head Coach Lucky Gamble sent clips of the original video to someone to show the refs made a mistake. I don't know if it was the UIL or the officating chapter.

If you seen it go both ways then admit it that the refs could have been wrong on a few occasions against LC-M.

Otherwise you are just talking out of both sides of your mouth. I could care less if you have been a fan for 52 years or 2 years. That doesn't prove anything!

I post the whole video someone will state I'm bragging on a relative. Can't win for losing!

For one, the whole play takes about 6 seconds so if I can get it converted to DVD and someone to highlight the line of scrimmage and highlight #42 I'm going to have to whole video done.

If Ned would have left the starters in after a 21-0 lead 2 plays into the 3 rd and really hammered lcm we would be hearing about how unsportsmanlike running up the score was. You watch enough football you're gonna see officiating calls you don't agree with. Grow up and deal with it or become an official so you can right all the wrongs you've been dealt over the years. Orange county officials called this game so spew venom at them if you need to vent. The call you question was a non issue in this game. Of course another option is to improve your program. Lack of success isn't always someone els'es fault.

Calls come and go both ways.  As they say it is the way the ball falls. If you really feel that one call cost yall the game last night you need to come back to reality. It was against the complete second team defense with 3 players that were pulled up from jv. Think in my opinion that if the BAD DOGS would have stayed in 7 points would have been all yall would have gotten, I'm sure you saw what happened when they got put back in shut down. If your talking about a call years ago let it go. I can say the same a few years back when Worell Grogan touch the ball 3 first plays and scored touch downs of 74,68, and 81 but they called the 81 back for a mysterious hold.( Think ref felt sorry for LCM defense). So lets all look forward to the future and good luck to Hayden Reed in track as if he needs it lol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin