Bridge City vs. West Orange-Stark Game Thread/WOS WINS 21-16!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="3ABirdMan" post="1090226" timestamp="1319251705"]
Congrats to BOTH teams for leaving it all on the field!  Nothing for either team to hang their heads about!

Good luck to WOS in the playoffs!
[/quote]your right great game good luck to both teams the rest of the way!

Great game from both teams! Only one turnover all night long! Bridge city played great and are really good and should make a solid run in the playoffs! Wos does it with defense and special teams again! But aree getting better and better on offense! And I'm telling y'all now if wos gets healthy they will be very hard to beat in the playoffs!

[quote name="Bobcat2003" post="1090215" timestamp="1319251594"]
hey WOS fans since you have seen both, who do you give the edge to OF or BC?
[/quote]
If the bobcats play the way the played against WO-S then the Cats have a chance. Will need to play their game...Ball Control. BC can score in a hurry. Can't afford to give up too many big plays! I still give the edge to BC. Give 'em heck Bobcats!

bridge city played a good game but if they make the playoffs they will be one and done because they will face coldsprings in the first round...they still have to win there last two games should beat hampshire but they struggled with orangefield the last two years losing last year and should have lost two years ago...only thing i questioned about tonights game is why kick off to the same guy that just returned a punt against you.....anybody have the stats from the game

i am glad i took my heart pills before i came to the game.i would like to say this about the kids from bridge city thay show all of us tonight true sportmenship all night long bridge city you are a class bunch my hats off to you. now over to the otherside wo-s did a bang up job on stopping the run except a couple of times dishmen  is one heck of a hard kid to bring down and every wo-s player will tell you this he is a super young man .ok now  i do not like putting this in but we all that were there saw how banged up the mustangs  are at this point you cant run  the ball with kids hurt and standing on the sidelines what little time lindsey played even hurt he did fine good luck to the kids at bridge city  you pored you hearts out tonight and no one can say u dident    PS SORRY FOR THE SPELLING

[quote name="venom33" post="1090233" timestamp="1319251797"]
i hope renfro and lynch are back next week!
[/quote]

Renfro was suited out, but didn't play. I hear it may be a while for Lynch. Jeanise also did not play and Beasley played sparingly. I was proud of our defense for playing the way they did being so banged up. They hung in there.

BC played a great game as well. They hit a few big plays on us, but the defense stepped it up when it counted. Good luck to BC. Gonna be a tough draw first round, but crazier things have happened.

Man, I picked a great game to attend with this one. WO-S has great athletes and made the plays to win the game. Quinton Tezeno of WO-S was awesome as he brought a punt back for a TD and then returned a KO to the house for another score.

JMHO, I know WO-S main RB got hurt early in the game (second carry I believe) and didn't return to the second half but the offense just doesn't seem right. With these same players WO-S would be scoring 20, 30, 40 points in a different system.

They had 8 first downs, 111 yards rushing and 100 yards passing with 34 coming on the go ahead TD pass. That was WO-S' only offensive TD.

Bridge City had their chances to win but poor special teams and questionable coaching killed them. Maybe once I can see not having a punt returner deep but not on every punt. It caused BC to start drives having to go 99. 97 and 92 yard to score. That is a killer going against the WO-S Chain Gang defense of Coach Cornell Thompson.

One, they couldn't tackle Tezeno in the open field on the punt then instead of kicking the ball away from him on the kickoff they kick to him again as he returned that one too.

Then why didn't Bridge City have anyone back to catch the punts as the Mustangs got 3 punts downs inside BC's 10 yard line with two being inside the 5?

Once inside the 5, I thought WO-S had a safety from where I was sitting on BC but they got a good spot.

Bridge City played hard all game and never quit all the way to Menard being sacked on WO-S' 23 yard line with 15 second left on a 4th down play.

WO-S deserves credit for overcoming injuries to key players and still coming out with a win.

This was really a great HS game.

BTW, Congratulations to the Orangeleader's sports editor Van Wade for him being honored by the paper Friday night before the game for over 20 years of covering Orange County athletics.  A great guy who is another LC-M alumnus.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1090833" timestamp="1319295008"]
Just find a way to win, baby. I watched the French Buffaloes do it all the way to a State Title game.
[/quote]

I watched a 2000 WOS team that had very little offense in the regular season find a way win to all the way to the State Title game.  Ozen, Bay City, PNG and Nederland are the regular season games that come to mind.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1090861" timestamp="1319296196"]
We must be close to the same age because I remember that French team. They had a left handed QB and their HC was a overweight guy but knew how to coach.

You're right, just find a way to win and the only stat that REALLY matters is the final score.
[/quote]Willie Williams and Steve shaver

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="meanjoe" post="1091782" timestamp="1319366381"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=90219.msg1090861#msg1090861 date=1319296196]
We must be close to the same age because I remember that French team. They had a left handed QB and their HC was a overweight guy but knew how to coach.

You're right, just find a way to win and the only stat that REALLY matters is the final score.
[/quote]Willie Williams and Steve shaver
[/quote]

I'm very proud to say that I know that "Overweight guy that knew how to coach."  Steve was from Eagle Lake, TX and was a Freshman when I was a Senior there.  Steve and family moved to Houston (Bellaire) where he played a couple of years then played on scholarship at Sam Houston State.  Steve got his
degree at SHS and had a brief stint with the Buffalo Bills (I think it was the Bills - may have been another NFL team).  Steve was a great guy, generally very jovial (fits the appearance).  I never got to see him coach a game so I don't what his coaching style was.  A quick Eagle Lake story:  Like I said, Steve was a Freshman
in my Senior year at Eagle Lake.  Eagle Lake was Class A then (UIL Classes then
were B thru AAAA) and if Freshmen could play a bit they suited out with the arsity.  At that time Steve was about 5' 5" tall and about that broad.  We needed
those Freshmen on the practice squad because on some days we did not have
22 players to suit out for practice - Class A, remember.  So . . . . every chance we
upper classmen got we would punish (so to speak) those Freshmen on the field. 
When I had the chance in practice I would run over Steve just because he was
such a loveable guy.  Went on all season.  Next time I saw Steve was at a
Christmas party in Eagle Lake about six years later.  Saw him from behind first
and thought he was a fake wall in that house.  Guessing he was 6' 3" 290 and
about as broad.  I didn't recognize him.  When he turned around and saw me his
very words were, "Hello Wayne.  Want to try to run over me now?!!"  Touche.  Steve Shaver was and is a great guy.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1092038" timestamp="1319394443"]
[quote author=Rockin A link=topic=90219.msg1092011#msg1092011 date=1319392957]
Did anybody spot the Honorable Dan R. Hooks?  If so, which side did he sit on?
[/quote]

Hooks was in the pressbox.
[/quote]

Sitting with the WOS coaches...

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1092038" timestamp="1319394443"]
[quote author=Rockin A link=topic=90219.msg1092011#msg1092011 date=1319392957]
Did anybody spot the Honorable Dan R. Hooks?  If so, which side did he sit on?
[/quote]

Hooks was in the pressbox.
[/quote]

Better known as the Hooks suite

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317