• Bridge City
    • West Orange Stark

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackflag
[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1087853" timestamp="1319057874"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=89886.msg1087628#msg1087628 date=1319038979]
Was told a starter on WOS's offensive line turned in his equipment yesterday.

What's up with that?
[/quote]
CT eliminating the [color=red]problems[/color]. Getting back to the basics and [color=red]REAL Mustang Football.[/color][/quote]

1. problems = I formation
2. REAL Mustang Football = Spread offense

No when WOS was winning state championships they weren't in the spread. However, that was back in 4A and there were bigger O-lineman. WOS is a fast but small team.

They don't have the kids to pound it down your throat like years past.

They do have talent though and the defense is always good.

It will be a good game Friday BC has nothing to lose and WOS has the streak to keep in tact. 

[quote name="Critter" post="1087607" timestamp="1319037849"]
[quote author=mustangfan2 link=topic=89886.msg1087580#msg1087580 date=1319035476]
I got the Stangs winning 17-0.  Old fashioned beat down at [b]DRH Stadium[/b]!  Some things you can look forward to EVERY year:  Super Bowl, Thanksgiving Dinner, and watching the poor old bc card fans walk away from this match up with a loss!  The Dallas Cowboys will win the Super Bowl before bc beats WOS, and we all know that will be not anytime soon!
[/quote]

Thanks for all the chuckles today.... I look for a great FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL game with the best team winning....  [b]But the real thing that makes me laugh is that WOS named their stadium after a guy that lives in BC and sent his kids to BC  ;D  ;D  ;D  I laugh everytime I see someone mention this.....[/b][/quote]

I don't know how a brown cow can eat green grass and produce white milk but it happens and we accept it!!  Dan Hooks lived in BC and produced greatness for WOS...accept it

[quote name="Rake1" post="1087645" timestamp="1319040476"]
[quote author=mustangfan2 link=topic=89886.msg1087634#msg1087634 date=1319039308]
You know critter maybe contact sports aren't bridge city's game, I know lets have a cross country meet!
[/quote]

Cross country would be a safer bet for WO-S than a math contest with questions like "when is your birthday?" ::)

(my apologies, couldn't help myself)
[/quote].

You know,your comments are down right rediculous. I don't even have a reply. Others see your agenda so its not worth my time.

[quote name="setxballfan" post="1088032" timestamp="1319077070"]
WO-S center quitting.  Interesting timing.

My guess on Hooks sending his kids to BCISD is that he wanted them to have a quality education.

[/quote]
Starting center is out due to grades. The back-up center (was the starter, but lost the job). Which one left the team? Either way, it's never good to see a kid quit.

[quote name="kicker" post="1087993" timestamp="1319073875"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89886.msg1087645#msg1087645 date=1319040476]
[quote author=mustangfan2 link=topic=89886.msg1087634#msg1087634 date=1319039308]
You know critter maybe contact sports aren't bridge city's game, I know lets have a cross country meet!
[/quote]

Cross country would be a safer bet for WO-S than a math contest with questions like "when is your birthday?" ::)

[/quote].

You know,your comments are down right rediculous. I don't even have a reply. Others see your agenda so its not worth my time.
[/quote]

No Kicker, what is "rediculous" is your spelling! ;D No agenda here, just a jab at those who continue to throw crazy comments out there. I have been nothing but respectful when talking about the players and the game, go back and read the thread. I put one comment out there and all of a sudden I have an agenda? That's what is "ridiculous" (notice the proper spelling). Once your done reading the thread grab a ladder, get down off of your high horse, and quit taking yourself so seriously. What a joke.

I cannot wait unti friday night finally gets here! Shoud be a great ball game with great weather! I really cant wait to see what bc plans to do to sow lindsey down, he will have the ball in his hands on about 80 percent of WOS offensive plays! Were gonna pound the ball with lindsey and keep the turnovers down and let the defense win the game!

[quote name="the-riot07" post="1088093" timestamp="1319083352"]
I cannot wait unti friday night finally gets here! Shoud be a great ball game with great weather! I really cant wait to see what bc plans to do to sow lindsey down, he will have the ball in his hands on about 80 percent of WOS offensive plays! Were gonna pound the ball with lindsey and keep the turnovers down and let the defense win the game!
[/quote]

Now that's a plan.Only problem is that the offensive line will have to do a much better job blocking than they have been doing lately.Lindsey will get one or two good runs on his on but for the most part he has been stopped at the line or behind it due to very poor blocking from the offensive lineman.All he needs is a little hole and he's gone.

[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1088056" timestamp="1319078537"]
[quote author=setxballfan link=topic=89886.msg1088032#msg1088032 date=1319077070]

My guess on Hooks sending his kids to BCISD is that he wanted them to have a quality education.

[/quote]
Starting center is out due to grades. The back-up center (was the starter, but lost the job). Which one left the team? Either way, it's never good to see a kid quit.
[/quote]

It's my understanding that Finney quit. I was told he was the starting center. Grades came out two weeks ago.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1088150" timestamp="1319115488"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=89886.msg1088056#msg1088056 date=1319078537]
[quote author=setxballfan link=topic=89886.msg1088032#msg1088032 date=1319077070]

[/quote]
[/quote]

It's my understanding that Finney quit. I was told he was the starting center. Grades came out two weeks ago.
[/quote]

Unless something has taken a dramatic change, there is no way Finney is lost to grades. Not even close.

[quote name="Rake1" post="1088087" timestamp="1319081871"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=89886.msg1087993#msg1087993 date=1319073875]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=89886.msg1087645#msg1087645 date=1319040476]
[/quote]

[/quote].

[/quote]

No Kicker, what is "rediculous" is your spelling! ;D No agenda here, just a jab at those who continue to throw crazy comments out there. I have been nothing but respectful when talking about the players and the game, go back and read the thread. I put one comment out there and all of a sudden I have an agenda? That's what is "ridiculous" (notice the proper spelling). Once your done reading the thread grab a ladder, get down off of your high horse, and quit taking yourself so seriously. What a joke.
[/quote]

I got you Rake. I see your sarcasm, you just come across in a different way than you mean. No biggie. And the spelling is my stupid phone. I tried to text my wife I loved her yesterday and it came out as "I like aborigines" lol. And the ladder? With my knee, I don't even climb up them much less come down. lol.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1088327" timestamp="1319126289"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=89886.msg1088209#msg1088209 date=1319119823]
I hoping for a Good ole Smoked Turkey Leg...  ;D
[/quote]

+1 or maybe 2
;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

I concur, well except for they are worse than crawfish. You can still smell them two days later on your hands......and yes Gas, before you say it, I do wash my hands. Lol.

[quote name="Critter" post="1088209" timestamp="1319119823"]
[/quote]

I hear they are having that and BBQ rib sandwiches. I saw the new uniforms and helmet stickers that the Booster club got for the junior high kids and they are nice. These kids have been needing things like this and it's nice to see people who truly care about these kids to take their time out and raise money to get them some nice things.

These kids work hard and they deserve it...all of them.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1088350" timestamp="1319128233"]
[quote author=Critter link=topic=89886.msg1088209#msg1088209 date=1319119823]
[/quote]

I hear they are having that and BBQ rib sandwiches. I saw the new uniforms and helmet stickers that the Booster club got for the junior high kids and they are nice. These kids have been needing things like this and it's nice to see people who truly care about these kids to take their time out and raise money to get them some nice things.

These kids work hard and they deserve it...all of them.
[/quote]

The booster club purchased pants and helmet stickers. The jerseys were purchased by The Merlin Broussard family in his honor.

That being said the middle school has a very good and active booster club led by Mr. Mavis Williams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin