Port Neches-Groves vs. Lumberton Game Thread/PNG wins

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="RaiderGirl92" post="1076811" timestamp="1318048092"]
Yep pretty sure I lost respect for PNG after tonight!
I'm glad to be from a town that if you are winning by atleast two touchdowns and know the other team cant score that the coach just says dont TRY and score just run the clock out!!!! I'm still and always will be a RAIDER FAN win or not!!!

Congrats on the W png!
[/quote]

It's not our coach's job to stop our offense, it's yours.

[quote name="BigMike0726" post="1076907" timestamp="1318056056"]
[quote author=RaiderGirl92 link=topic=89455.msg1076811#msg1076811 date=1318048092]
Yep pretty sure I lost respect for PNG after tonight!
I'm glad to be from a town that if you are winning by atleast two touchdowns and know the other team cant score that the coach just says dont TRY and score just run the clock out!!!! I'm still and always will be a RAIDER FAN win or not!!!

Congrats on the W png!
[/quote]

It's not our coach's job to stop our offense, it's yours.

I totally agree with you...
[/quote]

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1076631" timestamp="1318042974"]
Take no prisoners!!!!!scalp'em
[/quote]

If you don't want to get beat that bad, get better.  Either put the coaching staff in place that isn't going to get you beat like that or tell the kids time to man up. 

When Memorial and WB routed us by a similar margin last year and Memorial did it again this year, I didn't whine about it.  I said they showed us that we need to get better.

Lumberton had a 3 year run (out of the norm) where they took no prisoners.  Except it, this is not your year and may not be your year for a long time.

It would also help if you were a little more creative on offense.  See you'll in a couple of weeks...

Whats all this no class about? We ran the ball the entire second half...seriously ran the ball up the middle...are we supposed knee out in the 3rd?...give me a break..u werent at the game so u have not even an inch of room to talk...and for all that i see us slapping vidor the same way!!

[quote name="Enjun07" post="1076920" timestamp="1318058426"]
Whats all this no class about? We ran the ball the entire second half...seriously ran the ball up the middle...are we supposed knee out in the 3rd?...give me a break..u werent at the game so u have not even an inch of room to talk...and for all that i see us slapping vidor the same way!!
[/quote]

Good point but you may very well beat Vidor next week but they slap back.  Lol.  They don't fetal position up like the raiders did.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Big Ford" post="1076921" timestamp="1318058626"]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=89455.msg1076920#msg1076920 date=1318058426]
[/quote]

Good point but you may very well beat Vidor next week but they slap back.  Lol.  They don't fetal position up like the raiders did.
[/quote]
Two weeks. Vidor plays LCM next week. And your right about one thing Vidor will not back down from a fight. They showed that in the Nederland game. I look forward to a great game with yall PNG. Be ready for a fight.  8)

[quote name="Jaguar-J" post="1076782" timestamp="1318046833"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=89455.msg1076633#msg1076633 date=1318043060]
Indians make a big statement.
[/quote]

Big statement ? :-\  That you can beat an 0-5 team ? PNG is trashy
[/quote]
Trashy? Oh ok.

Honestly, all of you need to go back to when you were in high school, if you even played football. If you got to go in a game and were normally a backup, what in the world are you going to try and do? You are going to try and beat the snot out of your opponent. You're a high school kid trying to get some playing time! This is ridiculous that anyone will call PNG trashy or classless. Those boys wanted it more throughout the entire game and executed runs straight UP THE MIDDLE the whole time... If the starters get the game out of reach, coach Faircloth is going to give his back ups some time to shine... Why wouldn't he? they work just as hard too! Why call a time out at the end? To get your back ups better and coach them up! Sorry if Lumberton's players, fans, or coaches feelings were hurt, but it's football... Everyone in the situation should man up a little.

[quote name="catfish57" post="1076881" timestamp="1318053839"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=89455.msg1076807#msg1076807 date=1318047885]
Trashy? Wow tell us how you really feel. Why do you think that?
[/quote]Just remember....Karma's a B buddy.  Get used to everyone outside of mid county routing against you purple thugs.  Even in the playoffs.
[/quote]

You need to hope karma finds a way to get you to 3A where you can at least try to compete.

[quote name="Xaphoon" post="1076930" timestamp="1318062172"]
[quote author=Jaguar-J link=topic=89455.msg1076782#msg1076782 date=1318046833]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=89455.msg1076633#msg1076633 date=1318043060]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Trashy? Oh ok.

Honestly, all of you need to go back to when you were in high school, if you even played football. If you got to go in a game and were normally a backup, what in the world are you going to try and do? You are going to try and beat the snot out of your opponent. You're a high school kid trying to get some playing time! This is ridiculous that anyone will call PNG trashy or classless. Those boys wanted it more throughout the entire game and executed runs straight UP THE MIDDLE the whole time... If the starters get the game out of reach, coach Faircloth is going to give his back ups some time to shine... Why wouldn't he? they work just as hard too! Why call a time out at the end? To get your back ups better and coach them up! Sorry if Lumberton's players, fans, or coaches feelings were hurt, but it's football... Everyone in the situation should man up a little.
[/quote]

Don't play dumb.  You know what we are talking about.  Calling a timeout with less than 2 minutes to go, and up 40.  Classless trash!!!

Time out. Yes and I would have as a coach as well. The Offense was not lined up and there was confusion. If you noticed the Line and receivers were running around shifting and apparently they were not getting into the right formation. As a coach you want them to execute as planned. I'm sure he wanted them to learn the play correctly. PNG coaches expect them to execute the plays in the right way. And the players on the field at that time were all 2nd and 3rd team backups.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1076801" timestamp="1318047624"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=89455.msg1076787#msg1076787 date=1318047018]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Thats what i'm saying. Not much of a statement.
[/quote]

[size=8pt]LCM 27 Lumberton 25
Vidor 30 Lumberton 26[/size]
PNG 50 Lumberton 10 3rd Qtr
[/quote]
The difference between PNG and both LCM and Vidor is the diversity in the offense. Although Vidor will match up differently than did Lumberton and should be a good game. Lumberton tried to copy Nederlands pass defense which was to put pressure on the QB.They did get pressure on Miller. However, Lumberton used 8 to try and do what Nederlands front 4 did and leaving 3 to defend downfield will not and did not work. The pressure that has been put on Miller in these games thus far has really helped him to improve. He is getting better every week and making good decisions. It will not be an easy road but I still like our chances.

I feel sorry for Credeur and his staff.  He seems like a good guy, by it looks like he rode an ultra-talented group pretty far a few years back and it looks, unfortunately, like that program is taking a few steps back. This year's 8th graders look pretty talented so hopefully that program will get back to respectability pretty soon.  This district is definitely much more fun to watch when L-train fans are being cocky.

just to let ya know the two pt conversion wasn't planned it was a mishandled snap, wasn't trying to run the score up, but when your defense can't stop straight up the middle running the ball you got problems. I could have seen coach fairclothe putting in the backups earlier, but I'm here to tell you it would have been the same outcome. Without bertrand we still can run the ball, our 3rd string runningback could start for any team in our district and be #25 arvey is riding the bench. He is a freakin beast. Unfortuneatly he just has Bertrand in front of him and that ain't a good thing. I watched that kid last night run up the middle and carry the whole lumberton defense on his back and take them for a 15 yard gallop down the field. To me that was impressive. Surely fairclothe would let this kid get more playing time. He is a great compliment to bertrand, but a shame our coach wears rose colored glasses. Our qb when has time is throwing the ball quite well. For the second year in a row, our defense will leave you scratching your head. I will say this ltrain might be 0-6 but they did play hard and didn't quit! Showed a lot of heart, but they are better than gregory portland no doubt. That team we played at the first of the year was absolutely horrible in every sapect of the game!

[quote name="catfish57" post="1077005" timestamp="1318077860"]
[quote author=Xaphoon link=topic=89455.msg1076930#msg1076930 date=1318062172]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Trashy? Oh ok.

Honestly, all of you need to go back to when you were in high school, if you even played football. If you got to go in a game and were normally a backup, what in the world are you going to try and do? You are going to try and beat the snot out of your opponent. You're a high school kid trying to get some playing time! This is ridiculous that anyone will call PNG trashy or classless. Those boys wanted it more throughout the entire game and executed runs straight UP THE MIDDLE the whole time... If the starters get the game out of reach, coach Faircloth is going to give his back ups some time to shine... Why wouldn't he? they work just as hard too! [b]Why call a time out at the end? To get your back ups better and coach them up![/b] Sorry if Lumberton's players, fans, or coaches feelings were hurt, but it's football... Everyone in the situation should man up a little.
[/quote]

Don't play dumb.  You know what we are talking about.  Calling a timeout with less than 2 minutes to go, and up 40.  Classless trash!!!
[/quote]
Read the bold print please. Thanks.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1077228" timestamp="1318095825"]
Looks to me after being slapped around so far this season PNG tried to make themselves feel good by running up the score on an outmanned and injured team.  Don't think this will be the turnaround they think it is.
[/quote]

Slapped around? By whom?

[quote name="catfish57" post="1076881" timestamp="1318053839"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=89455.msg1076807#msg1076807 date=1318047885]
Trashy? Wow tell us how you really feel. Why do you think that?
[/quote]Just remember....Karma's a B buddy.  Get used to everyone outside of mid county routing against you purple thugs.  Even in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Obviously. Look at yours. ;D

PN-G wanted this game badly. Our second string ran the ball non-stop and was still able to put points on the board. That doesn't make PN-G classless, it just means the Indians were all around the better team. Congrats, Indians, and good luck, Raiders.

On another note, I don't think PN-G needs to assume it's going to "slap" anybody. Yes, we handed Lumberton a blowout. Lumberton's given LC-M and Vidor some very competitive games, but that doesn't translate to an automatic win for the Indians. Remember, Vidor only lost to Nederland by three points and Ned just beat Livingston. Granted, there are a couple rivalry games in there, so scores aren't as telling as they normally are, but that's still proof that we shouldn't be counting unhatched chickens. I'm almost positive our coaching staff isn't; I just hope our players aren't, either.

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=89455.msg1077258#msg1077258 date=1318097991]
Lets see, Crosby, Livingston, Nederland.  Not use to losing games to these foes, although Ned's fans would disagree with me.
[/quote]

We lost to a well-armed Crosby by one point and Nederland by three against what is almost undoubtedly the best defense in the district. Our only big loss was to the offensive powerhouse that is Livingston, and even the Livingston fans will tell you that the game was closer than the score indicates (we matched them point for point until the fourth quarter). We've taken some hard knocks, but we haven't been slapped around.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder