Port Neches-Groves vs. Lumberton Game Thread/PNG wins

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1077260" timestamp="1318098115"]
[quote author=catfish57 link=topic=89455.msg1076881#msg1076881 date=1318053839]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=89455.msg1076807#msg1076807 date=1318047885]
Trashy? Wow tell us how you really feel. Why do you think that?
[/quote]Just remember....Karma's a B buddy.  Get used to everyone outside of mid county routing against you purple thugs.  Even in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Obviously. Look at yours. ;D

PN-G wanted this game badly. Our second string ran the ball non-stop and was still able to put points on the board. That doesn't make PN-G classless, it just means the Indians were all around the better team. Congrats, Indians, and good luck, Raiders.

On another note, I don't think PN-G needs to assume it's going to "slap" anybody. Yes, we handed Lumberton a blowout. Lumberton's given LC-M and Vidor some very competitive games, but that doesn't translate to an automatic win for the Indians. Remember, Vidor only lost to Nederland by three points and Ned just beat Livingston. Granted, there are a couple rivalry games in there, so scores aren't as telling as they normally are, but that's still proof that we shouldn't be counting unhatched chickens. I'm almost positive our coaching staff isn't; I just hope our players aren't, either.

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=89455.msg1077258#msg1077258 date=1318097991]
Lets see, Crosby, Livingston, Nederland.  Not use to losing games to these foes, although Ned's fans would disagree with me.
[/quote]

We lost to a well-armed Crosby by one point and Nederland by three against what is almost undoubtedly the best defense in the district. Our only big loss was to the offensive powerhouse that is Livingston, and even the Livingston fans will tell you that the game was closer than the score indicates (we matched them point for point until the fourth quarter). We've taken some hard knocks, but we haven't been slapped around.
[/quote]

Is the glass half full or half empty? 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1077285" timestamp="1318099177"]
Is the glass half full or half empty?
[/quote]

I tend to be a "half full" kind of guy, but my view isn't what matters. It's the coaches' views that matter, and I can guarantee that they see room for improvement and will have the Indians ready for every game the rest of the season. They turned us around from a worse record last year to take us on our deepest playoff run since we went to state in '99. They haven't disappointed yet and I, for one, don't think they'll disappoint now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed