Jasper vs. Orangefield Game Thread/ORANGEFIELD WINS 47-37!!!

WOSgrad

great win cats!!!

on a side note,i was at the game and when jasper scored their first td i heard some orangefield fans standing right behind me say "jaspers gonna put 60 or 70 points on us!" at that point orangefield hasnt touched the ball yet! sad....  :-\

Very proud of my Bobcats last night, but if we get a lead like we had (41-19 at the end of the 3rd) we HAVE to learn to continue to play and close the game out! It looked like we relaxed and thought we had it in the bag and didn't have to play the 4th quarter. They scored 2 touchdowns in 1:15 late in the game to get them to within 10. Could have been within 7 but they missed a late field goal with like a minute left

You gotta love 21-3a ball!  Jasper will win their district....due to the hard games every 21-3a team gave them.  The faced a fast running team.  Hard running and passing team.  And a team that they just couldnt understand what happend......The most disciplined team in 21-3a. 

Dont lower your heads Jasper.  All three teams are for real.  You will have a great district season.

Jasper swept all under classmen games including our freshman vs OF freshman/jv so it makes me wonder is it the kids or the coaching/scheme.  But all age groups are using the same schemes.  Seems the varsity defense is really bad giving up way to many points...

Jasper may get another smack down against center this week. If Jasper was still in the south district we would be 0-3 can't remember Jasper struggling like we have the last two years for a long time..

[quote name="Paratrooper" post="1070903" timestamp="1317479131"]
WOS, Silsbee, and BC should take the Cats very seriously this year.  Boy, this might really shake the District up should OF beat any of the 3.

To have Jasper reeling like that by the end of the 3rd quarter is really something.
[/quote][quote author=T-daddy link=topic=89099.msg1070950#msg1070950 date=1317482064]
Jasper swept all under classmen games including our freshman vs OF freshman/jv so it makes me wonder is it the kids or the coaching/scheme.  But all age groups are using the same schemes.  Seems the varsity defense is really bad giving up way to many points...

Jasper may get another smack down against center this week. If Jasper was still in the south district we would be 0-3 can't remember Jasper struggling like we have the last two years for a long time..
[/quote]You are correct. I couldnt aggree with yall more. But being on the visitor's side I couldnt help but notice the constant bickering Jasper was doing between theirselves on the sidelines. That in itself was enough to seperate the team as a team. They need to come together.

[quote name="venom33" post="1070606" timestamp="1317439907"]
great win cats!!!

[color=blue]on a side note,i was at the game and when jasper scored their first td i heard some orangefield fans standing right behind me say "jaspers gonna put 60 or 70 points on us!" at that point orangefield hasnt touched the ball yet! sad....  :-\[/color]
[/quote]

Come on Venom it was homecoming a quater of those folks were not even watching the game.  If you would have been at the Coldsprings game and saw the number of fans there till the end of the game you would not be worried about the Bobcats fan base.  What a great game by Desalatte and Wiley, cant say enough about those two.  You can really see the boys coming together out there.

[quote name="poseidon" post="1071079" timestamp="1317491643"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=89099.msg1070606#msg1070606 date=1317439907]
great win cats!!!

[color=blue]on a side note,i was at the game and when jasper scored their first td i heard some orangefield fans standing right behind me say "jaspers gonna put 60 or 70 points on us!" at that point orangefield hasnt touched the ball yet! sad....  :-\[/color]
[/quote]

Come on Venom it was homecoming a quater of those folks were not even watching the game.  If you would have been at the Coldsprings game and saw the number of fans there till the end of the game you would not be worried about the Bobcats fan base.  What a great game by Desalatte and Wiley, cant say enough about those two.  You can really see the boys coming together out there.
[/quote]I have to say what I was expecting to see on the way to the game and what I saw after the game started were two totaly differant thing.  Hats off to the Bobcats. And I would bet Jasper felt the same way

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1070950" timestamp="1317482064"]
[/quote]

You think Center is that good? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder