West Orange-Stark vs. Giddings Game Thread/GIDDINGS WINS 14-6!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1067159" timestamp="1317089706"]
[quote author=sportsfreak2008 link=topic=88803.msg1067112#msg1067112 date=1317087440]
Wow is all I can say.  Just because a guys around for 30+ years we are suppose to forget the fact he blamed the players for the loss.  Kids are gonna make mistakes they are human but don't throw them under the bus when it was very obvious the play caller clearly didn't have his act together so therefore it's going to cause the players to look as though they don't know what they are doing.  I don't recall him being "thrown under the bus" on public radio. Just sayin'
[/quote]

I heard the interview a little while ago. He talked about some players being selfish and not being team players. Personally, I think they should play it again on the loud speakers at practice so everyone can hear it because he was right on the money. Ridiculous to accuse him of throwing someone under the bus. It's motivation and is absolutely necessary at times and this is one of them.
[/quote]

Well it should be looked at the same way when the coach is being criticize because he's not getting it done. Some of you are such hypocrites. You guys never think it's justified to criticize the coaches, but have no problem criticizing children. If the kids can't get it then it still goes back to the coaches. These same kids had no problem getting it last year.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1067184" timestamp="1317090430"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=88803.msg1067159#msg1067159 date=1317089706]
[quote author=sportsfreak2008 link=topic=88803.msg1067112#msg1067112 date=1317087440]
Wow is all I can say.  Just because a guys around for 30+ years we are suppose to forget the fact he blamed the players for the loss.  Kids are gonna make mistakes they are human but don't throw them under the bus when it was very obvious the play caller clearly didn't have his act together so therefore it's going to cause the players to look as though they don't know what they are doing.  I don't recall him being "thrown under the bus" on public radio. Just sayin'
[/quote]

I heard the interview a little while ago. He talked about some players being selfish and not being team players. Personally, I think they should play it again on the loud speakers at practice so everyone can hear it because he was right on the money. Ridiculous to accuse him of throwing someone under the bus. It's motivation and is absolutely necessary at times and this is one of them.
[/quote]

Well it should be looked at the same way when the coach is being criticize because he's not getting it done. Some of you are such hypocrites. You guys never think it's justified to criticize the coaches, but have no problem criticizing children. If the kids can't get it then it still goes back to the coaches. These same kids had no problem getting it last year.
[/quote]

Are you calling me a hypocrite? I haven't said a thing to you about your little rants. I think people are freaking out for no reason and that's my opinion. Am I not entitled to my opinion?

And besides, who is criticizing children? I'm not and neither has anyone else. Cornel Thompson criticized the attitude of some of his players which is his job to do, he is the coach. He is not a whinny complainer on a public message board. Surely, even you can see the difference.

[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=88803.msg1067173#msg1067173 date=1317090198]
I've been in or around the program since the early 80's and I can't remember anyone named Owens, ever.
[/quote

He is being silly. Coach Owens is "skipper". Not really a coach.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1067159" timestamp="1317089706"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your spot on Gas.
I don't have the trained eye of a coach.They can see the whole field on a play.They know the play and what each players should be doing.All I do is follow the ball and there were times a player would make  bad choices.You have to play smart and I don't know if you can coach that into a player.Oh yeah...these "children" are a lot closer to being young men.

[quote name="skipper" post="1067390" timestamp="1317133997"]
mustangsally i see you are very new to this and i will back off at what i have said sorry if that has upset you. coach thompson will just let all this pass over
[/quote]

The comments pass?  I'm sure he will.  If he has suffered any sleepless nights since Saturday, it isn't because of what was said here because he said Saturday night what was needed to be said.  But I guarantee what went wrong will be set correct and the Mustangs will be a better team because of it.

[quote name="mustangsally" post="1067386" timestamp="1317133105"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=88803.msg1066487#msg1066487 date=1317042891]
i got a gut feeling that coach thompson will be behind closed doors with someone  today
[/quote]

Some of you that participate in a public bashing of him on here better hope its not you!
[/quote]

Trust me Sally, ive been in his office too many times to cross him, lol. That P.O.T. scares me to this day. haha. Anyways, on a serious note, if you look at the guys on here that have played for him or are true fans are the ones behind him. Its outsiders that are bashing him. They do not understand his motivational stance. IMO he did NOTHING wrong asking his players to accept responsibility and to get some fire under their @#$. We will be fine and I know this because of who is in charge!

Some of the people speculating on motivations and the hierarchy of the Mustang coaching staff clearly are not aware of Coach T's history with this program and the area. The man did not come back to remain D.C. if/when Dan retired. They also are apparently not aware of the impact that Coach T has had on this program. More than a few former players have been heard to say "Hooks might be the head coach, but that is Coach T's team." There was no question who would take the reigns and the idea of it being any other way is frankly absurd. I think Toby has a bright future and I wish he had stayed, but the ONLY way he had a prayer to be Head Coach would have been for Coach T to retire as well. Clearly he didn't want to wait even a fraction of the time that Coach T waited to inherit that mantle.

Offense wins games, but defense wins championships. We may have some kinks to work out on offense for the games that really count, but the defense seems to be drilling it down and it sounds to me like we are going to be in good shape once we get there. People have been crying about the OCs and predictable play-calling since before we were winning state, all the way through, and after. The song remains the same - and we will get back to winning soon enough. These alarmists need to chill out.

[quote name="Judex" post="1067441" timestamp="1317137661"]
Some of the people speculating on motivations and the hierarchy of the Mustang coaching staff clearly are not aware of Coach T's history with this program and the area. The man did not come back to remain D.C. if/when Dan retired. They also are apparently not aware of the impact that Coach T has had on this program. More than a few former players have been heard to say "Hooks might be the head coach, but that is Coach T's team." There was no question who would take the reigns and the idea of it being any other way is frankly absurd. I think Toby has a bright future and I wish he had stayed, but the ONLY way he had a prayer to be Head Coach would have been for Coach T to retire as well. Clearly he didn't want to wait even a fraction of the time that Coach T waited to inherit that mantle.

Offense wins games, but defense wins championships. We may have some kinks to work out on offense for the games that really count, but the defense seems to be drilling it down and it sounds to me like we are going to be in good shape once we get there. People have been crying about the OCs and predictable play-calling since before we were winning state, all the way through, and after. The song remains the same - and we will get back to winning soon enough. These alarmists need to chill out.
[/quote]

I agree 112%!  And the OC bashing could have something to do with our type of team. like you said Judex, Offense wins games and Defense wins championships. We have ALWAYS been a Defensive team therefore our offense has always looked sub par. When you have such a defense, the offense will follow. If you can hold teams to 14 points or less, the wins will come!

[quote name="mustangsally" post="1067386" timestamp="1317133105"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=88803.msg1066487#msg1066487 date=1317042891]
i got a gut feeling that coach thompson will be behind closed doors with someone  today
[/quote]

Some of you that participate in a public bashing of him on here better hope its not you!
[/quote]

Sally,I think you miss read Skipps intention.I think he is saying coach will have people in HIS office not him having to go to someone elses office.Us Mustang fans are 100% behind Coach T.

[quote name="speveto" post="1067576" timestamp="1317144605"]
In the first 3 games this year, WOS had a big problem to fix.  "PENALTIES"  I think they did much better this week.  Even with a  3 and 1 record  WOS could still win district but they will need to bring their "A" game when they play Brige City and Orangefield.
[/quote]

and their A+ game when they play Silsbee. ;) ;D

BTW wine-o, WOS is 1-3. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1067610" timestamp="1317146030"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=88803.msg1067608#msg1067608 date=1317145957]
So, are you saying that Silsbee is better than Bridge City???? Inquiring minds would like to know...  ;) :)
[/quote]

YEP!! Seen both play this year. Silsbee is better.
[/quote]

Wow!!! There you have it, folks!! AAW has thrown it out there!

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1067616" timestamp="1317146183"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88803.msg1067610#msg1067610 date=1317146030]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=88803.msg1067608#msg1067608 date=1317145957]
So, are you saying that Silsbee is better than Bridge City???? Inquiring minds would like to know...  ;) :)
[/quote]

YEP!! Seen both play this year. Silsbee is better.
[/quote]

Wow!!! There you have it, folks!! AAW has thrown it out there!
[/quote]

Is that any news? ???

I'm not real sure what all the drama is about because I missed the last quarter of the game on the radio while going out of town. Don't have a clue as to what Coach T said or implied.

But here are a few things that I do know:

1. Regardless of their pre-season record the district title goes through WOS, PERIOD. I don't care what the "homers" say. If you don't believe they are the dominant program in the area just look at how many threads get started by other schools about "who wins when they play WOS". You rarely if ever see WOS starting a thread about playing Silsbee,BC, or any others. You can not like it all you want but you do have to acknowledge the fact.

2. Yes there are some growing pains going on in Mustang country but they are still very,very, dangerous.

3. The district race will be a good one. Silsbee is talented and coming into their own, BC has as much talent at all the skill positions as anyone, and WOS has a ridiculous defense that is capable of shutting anybody down.

4. Giving credit where credit is due the WOS pre-district schedule was borderline suicidal compared to many others. That's just a fact that's hard to deny.

5. If WOS does not implode from within or from pressure from the faithful they will continue to be the one team everyone else in the district is chasing. If you don't believe that one I bet you a cold drink each team in the district has their date with WOS circled on the calendar. To be fair I would imagine that WOS has their eyes on the other top conteders as well.

I look forward to seeing how it all works out. Good luck to all the teams.

Rake1 

[quote name="Rake1" post="1067633" timestamp="1317146833"]
I'm not real sure what all the drama is about because I missed the last quarter of the game on the radio while going out of town. Don't have a clue as to what Coach T said or implied.

1. Regardless of their pre-season record the district title goes through WOS, PERIOD. I don't care what the "homers" say. If you don't believe they are the dominant program in the area just look at how many threads get started by other schools about "who wins when they play WOS". You rarely if ever see WOS starting a thread about playing Silsbee,BC, or any others. You can not like it all you want but you do have to acknowledge the fact.

2. Yes there are some growing pains going on in Mustang country but they are still very,very, dangerous.

3. The district race will be a good one. Silsbee is talented and coming into their own, BC has as much talent at all the skill positions as anyone, and WOS has a ridiculous defense that is capable of shutting anybody down.

4. Giving credit where credit is due the WOS pre-district schedule was borderline suicidal compared to many others. That's just a fact that's hard to deny.

5. If WOS does not implode from within or from pressure from the faithful they will continue to be the one team everyone else in the district is chasing. If you don't believe that one I bet you a cold drink each team in the district has their date with WOS circled on the calendar. To be fair I would imagine that WOS has their eyes on the other top conteders as well.

Rake1
[/quote]

Totally agree with this, 100%.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1067641" timestamp="1317147096"]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=88803.msg1067633#msg1067633 date=1317146833]

Rake1
[/quote]

Totally agree with this, 100%.
[/quote]

Me too, good post Rake1.  ;)

Rake1
[/quote]

best post in 12 pages! youre alright rake!  ;D

Rake1
[/quote]

I agree with this also. Great post.

For the record books that is twice this week that I have agreed with AAW. Now there is some news.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder