West Orange-Stark vs. Giddings Game Thread/GIDDINGS WINS 14-6!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="football04" post="1065655" timestamp="1316920666"]
Thompson should take all the responsability for the team he puts on the field period, then handle your team behind closed doors, and it's always WE  when speaking to the press.
[/quote]
That's the best perspective I've seen on this so far.  I'm with you. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People!!! Come on, give him a break. We have lost three games with a total of 9 points. He is q great coach and knows how to motivate players. Most of these people that are calling for his head are the ones that wanted him to be coach. Look at our schedule, who else plays teams like we do? We so that to prepare for the real season, the playoffs. Our offense will gell, it just takes time. Why are people jumping off the bandwagon so fast? Oh, i know, fair weather fans. True Muatangs don't make excuses, we get better from our mistakes and move forward. Yes, we played sub par on offense tonight but if you look at the defensive side, that was championship defense. Take away 2 playsand they lose. 2 plays! Let's all calm down and let him coach. We will be fine. It was one bad game against a good team. I could understand if we had a schedule like other teams that play just to look good. We play to prepare, so please just calm down and lets see how we do in the real season.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1065810" timestamp="1316965039"]
I was and am not calling for his head.  I trust his football knowledge.  I know he was upset but just wish he would have handled the interview differently.
[/quote]
I think WOS will be fine also, just stating that you can't motivate through the press or take out your frustrations through the press.

[quote name="football04" post="1065814" timestamp="1316965355"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=88803.msg1065810#msg1065810 date=1316965039]
I was and am not calling for his head.  I trust his football knowledge.  I know he was upset but just wish he would have handled the interview differently.
[/quote]
I think WOS will be fine also, just stating that you can't motivate through the press or take out your frustrations through the press.
[/quote]

And apparently you can't be human and be a head coach in WOS.  He probably needs to clarify his statements or apologize, though.

this post is to ALL of US that were ther and watched this game see if you agree.#1.GIDDINGS did a outstanding job stopping the run in the red zone (POOR PLAY CALLING BY THE OC ) #2. whoever was up stairs in the press box must have had blinders on becouse Giddings (WAS GIVEING US the  short pass ALL NIGHT and someone could not SEE IT but i will say when we went on 3rd down it worked very well for the mustangs i ask myself WHY if a team like giddings gives you a GIFT why not take it and use it  all of us that were ther could see it why not the spotter upstairsnow in closeing IMO cocah thompson needs to do some soul searching and come monday before practice sit down with his coaching staff and WATCH the game tape then take whoever into his office and law the law down to who ever it might be PS its not the kids he should point the FINGER at we all know this  ok now in closeing i am sorry for the spelling PS coach thompson please  get your coaching staff  from just standing around and stop looking in the stands get your staff motervated

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1065923" timestamp="1316975168"]
In WOS preview Coach T said, "We are the coaches. We are going to coach you.  You are the players. You play. Let us Coach."

If he believes that he coached good in that game....he will call out players for bad play.  It is just in his nature.

Not saying it is good or bad.....just is.
[/quote]That's my point , you can't think you coached a good game, YOUR TEAM lost and you are the one responsable for the product you put on the field, period. I like Coach T, but if you start thinking your coaching good and their not doing what I say, then you are throwing them under the bus and you will lose them and the whole locker room.  Bottom line, you are the face of the WOS Mustangs and you alone must fade the heat for YOUR teams performance, good or bad.  Man up and defend your players in the press and deal with them behind closed doors, they will respect you for it because they know what's up and they know you are taking the heat for thier play.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1065923" timestamp="1316975168"]
In WOS preview Coach T said, "We are the coaches. We are going to coach you.  [b]You are the players. You play. Let us Coach."[/b]If he believes that he coached good in that game....he will call out players for bad play.  It is just in his nature.

Not saying it is good or bad.....just is.
[/quote]

so could that mean that the players were not running the plays the coaches were calling or they were bucking what was being called? sounds like maybe some discipline or respect is missing...  jmo

I would rather be 1-3 and know my teams strengths and weaknesses than to be 4-0 and not know how good we really were... Honestly people, is there anyone who really thought that us being 1-3 at this point wasn't possible with our schedule? We were 2-2 last year after the first four, and we had Reggie for 2.5 of those. Calm down! I know Cornel will make the proper adjustments with this team like he always did with his defense.

He should have kept the old OC instead of being bitter towards him and his dad. Karma that's all I can say. Too bad the kids are having to suffer for this. There is no reason you have almost your whole team back from last year and your going through this. Wade Phillips, that's who he reminds me of. Stick to what you are good at. Everybody isn't cut out to be a head coach.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1066034" timestamp="1316982593"]
I would rather be 1-3 and know my teams strengths and weaknesses than to be 4-0 and not know how good we really were... Honestly people, is there anyone who really thought that us being 1-3 at this point wasn't possible with our schedule? We were 2-2 last year after the first four, and we had Reggie for 2.5 of those. Calm down! I know Cornel will make the proper adjustments with this team like he always did with his defense.
[/quote]

I agree,Thank the Good Lord for it...You could be like us..>>>> 0/5 and still got a big bear to "rassle"..lol... ;D ;D

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1066037" timestamp="1316982766"]
[b]He should have kept the old OC[/b] instead of being bitter towards him and his dad. Karma that's all I can say. Too bad the kids are having to suffer for this. There is no reason you have almost your whole team back from last year and your going through this. Wade Phillips, that's who he reminds me of. Stick to what you are good at. Everybody isn't cut out to be a head coach.
[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Toby leave on his own and Mark decided to retire? Cornel didn't let anyone go as far as I know.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1066043" timestamp="1316983221"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=88803.msg1066037#msg1066037 date=1316982766]
[b]He should have kept the old OC[/b] instead of being bitter towards him and his dad. Karma that's all I can say. Too bad the kids are having to suffer for this. There is no reason you have almost your whole team back from last year and your going through this. Wade Phillips, that's who he reminds me of. Stick to what you are good at. Everybody isn't cut out to be a head coach.
[/quote]

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Toby leave on his own and Mark decided to retire? Cornel didn't let anyone go as far as I know.
[/quote]

Toby was pretty much forced out. People don't want to talk about it, but ask yourself, if you were the OC with an offense that was scoring alot of points and you have a coach come in and tell you they are getting a new OC and they are going to demote you to coaching the middle school, what would you do? All because his bitterness, this is what his offer to Toby was and that was just wrong. Now I said before that I didn't feel Toby was ready to be a head coach and I still stand by that, but that was a total slap in the face for him to be treated that way. Toby wasn't just the OC, he was a three time state champion in track and field and he helped most of these kids go to division one colleges by taking out his own time and personally bringing these kids on recruiting trips, no other coach did that. He deserved better than he received over there. He was there last night to support the team, but he should have been on that sideline.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1066053" timestamp="1316983855"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88803.msg1066043#msg1066043 date=1316983221]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=88803.msg1066037#msg1066037 date=1316982766]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Toby was pretty much forced out. People don't want to talk about it, but ask yourself, if you were the OC with an offense that was scoring alot of points and you have a coach come in and tell you they are getting a new OC and they are going to demote you to coaching the middle school, what would you do? All because his bitterness, this is what his offer to Toby was and that was just wrong. Now I said before that I didn't feel Toby was ready to be a head coach and I still stand by that, but that was a total slap in the face for him to be treated that way. Toby wasn't just the OC, he was a three time state champion in track and field and he helped most of these kids go to division one colleges by taking out his own time and personally bringing these kids on recruiting trips, no other coach did that. He deserved better than he received over there. He was there last night to support the team, but he should have been on that sideline.
[/quote]

I'm not arguing what Toby did for the kids. I agree he helped alot of kids. I'm not real sure about your facts and what Toby was offered and what he wasn't offered. I don't know. But what I do know is that before the decision was ever made about who the next head coach would be, I had a conversation myself with Toby. He never intended on staying if he didn't get the job. Those words came from his mouth. I don't blame him at all. I understand his decision. All that being said, I just disagreed with you saying he let them go when that is not what happened.

[quote name="td" post="1066059" timestamp="1316984393"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=88803.msg1066053#msg1066053 date=1316983855]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=88803.msg1066043#msg1066043 date=1316983221]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm not arguing what Toby did for the kids. I agree he helped alot of kids. I'm not real sure about your facts and what Toby was offered and what he wasn't offered. I don't know. But what I do know is that before the decision was ever made about who the next head coach would be, I had a conversation myself with Toby. He never intended on staying if he didn't get the job. Those words came from his mouth. I don't blame him at all. I understand his decision. All that being said, I just disagreed with you saying he let them go when that is not what happened.
[/quote]

Toby knew what he was about to be offered, that's why he said he wasn't going to stay. He didn't want to leave.

[quote name="mustangproud" post="1066080" timestamp="1316985441"]
[quote author=td link=topic=88803.msg1066059#msg1066059 date=1316984393]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=88803.msg1066053#msg1066053 date=1316983855]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Toby knew what he was about to be offered, that's why he said he wasn't going to stay. He didn't want to leave.
[/quote]

All I'm telling you is about a conversation that I had with him right after he applied for the head coaches job. He knew he wasn't staying if he didn't get the job. I have no knowledge what so ever about any conversation between him and Coach T. I just know that the words from his mouth shortly after he applied for the head coaches job was that if he didn't get the job that he wouldn't be staying. Those were his words not mine.

[quote name="td" post="1066094" timestamp="1316986455"]
[quote author=mustangproud link=topic=88803.msg1066080#msg1066080 date=1316985441]
[quote author=td link=topic=88803.msg1066059#msg1066059 date=1316984393]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

All I'm telling you is about a conversation that I had with him right after he applied for the head coaches job. He knew he wasn't staying if he didn't get the job. I have no knowledge what so ever about any conversation between him and Coach T. I just know that the words from his mouth shortly after he applied for the head coaches job was that if he didn't get the job that he wouldn't be staying. Those were his words not mine.
[/quote]

Not sure how he could be forced out before he knew he wouldn't get the job. I like Toby and would have liked to see him stay. It just didn't work out.

I dont understand why everyone is upset.  I know I am not from WOS, so my thoughts do not matter......BUT....The city of West Orange fought long and hard to get "the man".  The man was Coach T. 

Everyone knew what he was and said they wanted a disciplinarian at the helm of the program.......  Coach T.  You had speaches on here saying that discipline is what is needed!  He loves the kids!  He wants the best for our kids because they are his kids!  With some of our kids he is the father figure!

Well Dad got upset in how some of his kids proformed and called them out.  So what.....some times it is needed.  In the game with Jasper I know he praised the kids.....some of the ones that he called out.  Do you only want the good?

Give the guy some room.  I just dont understand.....you asked and demanded the School Board give Coach T the job...now he cant do a thing right.

Skip you have his photo on everyone of your post.  Are you going to take it down if you keep hammering him?

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1066299" timestamp="1317000519"]
I dont understand why everyone is upset.  I know I am not from WOS, so my thoughts do not matter......BUT....The city of West Orange fought long and hard to get "the man".  The man was Coach T. 

Everyone knew what he was and said they wanted a disciplinarian at the helm of the program.......  Coach T.  You had speaches on here saying that discipline is what is needed!  He loves the kids!  He wants the best for our kids because they are his kids!  With some of our kids he is the father figure!

Well Dad got upset in how some of his kids proformed and called them out.  So what.....some times it is needed.  In the game with Jasper I know he praised the kids.....some of the ones that he called out.  Do you only want the good?

Give the guy some room.  I just dont understand.....you asked and demanded the School Board give Coach T the job...now he cant do a thing right.

Skip you have his photo on everyone of your post.  Are you going to take it down if you keep hammering him?
[/quote]

Those that are frustrated can know this, no one is more frustrated with this start than Cornel Thompson.  As I was on the road from Huntsville, I didn't hear the interview or the names of those that were called out.  But this is how Coach Thompson works, he is about accountability.  He expects it of himself, his staff and his players.  That is the guy I want coaching my alma mater. I am glad he is and I believe West Orange-Stark will be okay simply because he is there.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1066299" timestamp="1317000519"]

[/quote]

Very good post.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder