West Orange-Stark vs. Giddings Game Thread/GIDDINGS WINS 14-6!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final quick stats

WOS                      Giddings

rushing                          197 yards                73 yards

passing                          152 yards                69 yards

total                              349 yards                  142 yards

FD                                    16                              6

As I have said for over 10 years, Cornel is a great assistant, but he does not have what it takes to be the head man. I still blame him for the 2000 state loss, for not making defensive changes sooner. He is blaming the Seniors, but he has to inspire them, and he is not getting it done.

WOW!!!! What a post game interview from a very ticked off Coach Thompson! I would hate to be those Mustang football players come Monday.

Quote from Coach T, "I watched Silsbee last night and the way we are playing right now, they will kill us!!!"

Coach speak!!!

Thompson pissed!!! Look for WOS to destroy Kirbyville next week.

Well, ultimately, the kids are on the field playing. It is the coach's job to work them to the team's best advantage and to inspire them to play their best. Maybe this is why he was 1 year and out at Palestine, or where ever it was that he went to, for a year. Again, he is a good caoch, but he needs someone like Dan Hooks to oversee him and keep him pointed in the right direction.

You almost don't see NFL coaches call their players out like that.  These are kids.  I understand that he is pissed...rightfully so.  For a team to have 2.5 more yards than their opponent and walk away with zero touchdowns...you should be mad....AT YOUR OC.  They would run to the red zone and start throwing.  I like Coach T but I hope he learns not to throw his players under the bus like he did.  There is a WE in team and it does not stop at the coaching staff.

i think this new oc came to wos bright eye'd and bushy tailed with the idea of having a tradition like wos and the athletes at hand to implement his offense that i dont believe has worked anywhere for him!

t needs to stand up and take the reins and get back to mustang football.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder